Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-17-2015, 03:18 AM   #1
jongib369
College superstar

Default My gofundme

https://www.gofundme.com/TIMCTMADISL

If anyone can, please donate

"Bold is about her, what's really important here. But the full story will make clear why I want to help so badly

If anyone has ever come into your life and completely changed it for the better, you'll probably be able to relate to the feelings I'm about to share. Two years ago I started dating an amazing woman, who since meeting has turned my life around forever...Or at least helped me do it for myself. Before we met, I was someone who never put much effort into things. I was beat down by growing up in a sometimes supprotive, yet very unstable enviroment. With my mothers mental illness, and other personal issues I don't want to reveal, it lead to a depression that I had a hard time shaking . When we met, I was a 23 year old college dropout who finished in the bottom 3 of my highschool class despite having an IQ of 114(Which doesn't matter, nor is it impressive, I just had potential to do b etter), who never had a job at that point. Since she’s been in my life pushing me, I've gotten my life together in so many ways the contrast makes it seem as if I'm a completely different person. I finally got a job, started taking classes to become a firefighter, picked up new hobbies, and just anything else I could do to feel proud of myself. We've only got so much time on this spec of dust, and I want to make sure the BOTH of us get to make the most of it. I still have my struggles, as I recently got laid off from that job... But I've learned a valuable lesson, and have new skills like being able to drive a pacer unit at Home Depot. It's just one of their many machines, but as I try to become a fireman it betters my odds at getting into Costco, something I can support myself with.

Her upbringing was similar to my own, but less supportive, and every bit as toxic because of a few bad apples in the family. So like myself, she's dealt with a load of depression, anxiety and a host of other things. Around 7th grade, at only 5'4 she got up to about 240 pounds, with no support from her family to not just lose, but even to stop gaining. She had to find that strength entirely within herself... So she started dieting(Not always the best way), and started riding her bike every single day. Eventually to the point she not only became obssed with it, losing over a hundred pounds...She changed other bad habbits...Like developing a thrist for knolwedge unlike I've ever seen. The girl has so many hobbies, listens to countless hours of podcasts, books etc there's no way I could do her justice in this description. In highschool, during her sophmore year she got side swiped by a van, preventing her from walking for a year. But once she got better, she got right back on the horse riding her bike again, eventually getting to 50 miles a day. And even started up weightlifting, getting her squat, and deadlift to 300 pounds weighing only 135. She eventually became the gym class student of the year, and because of her effort, she got a personal letter from Michelle Obama congratlating her on the HARD work she put in. After highschool, she had dreams of going to artschool to get into animatiomn, but because of money issues that fell through she had to go to community college, and change her dreams entirely. This was back in 2011.....Since then she's been trying to save up, going to school. Unfortuentely last year during a bike ride she fell off and broke her collarbone...Which we recently found out might not have fused. I'll never forget seeing her cry knowing she was going to be 'out for awhile, or the look on her face when she felt/heard a crack, and has since been in pain. It was the look of someone who had all their hard work mean nothing.... I love this woman with every ounce of my being, and it breaks my heart to see life beat on her like this. People have had it worse, I'm very aware of that, but her emeotions, and pain are very real to me. The potential is there, she's smart, she's loving with an amazing ability to help people, even a dingus like myself....Plus has so much enthusiam/motivation for life.

This is why I'm hopeful gofundme can help. Right now, we're not exactly sure where our relationship will go when it comes time for her to go off...When she went back to college after having to take a break from school, in order to save up working a near minimumm wage job , shes changed her course from wanting to be a Dietitian helping people make the same journey she did...To wanting to become a geologist, another interest/passion of hers. Her dream would be to go to Michigan, or some other school which has a good program for that....But she's worried about the loan debt, and other bills like rent as are a lot of students these days...But considering all she's done for me, I can't stand to see her held back anymore. My dream would be to move with her, being the roommate, and companion she knows she cant count on... But either way, I want to create a buffer of 'comfort for her. I don't know if I'm even going to get a dime to help her, and considering I'm trying to become a firefighter, saying I used to deal with depression might hurt my chances if this sort of thing happens to stay out there...But at this point I'm willing to do w/e it takes. I've thrown my heart into this woman, and have helped in other ways the best I could....But I can only do so much. If anyone of you have read this far, raising any amount, I'd be estatic.

Life will always throw problems our way, and it's on us to never give up and keep fighting. But at this point, I think the best thing I can do as a person is help the one who has helped me so unselfishly in anyway I can. The money would be used towards school, medical bills like, getting another xray to see if she needs to rebreak it to fuse properly, or anything else equally important. I just hope to get something, the goal is just wishful thinking.
"

Last edited by jongib369 : 12-17-2015 at 04:43 AM.
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:45 AM   #2
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users

Default Re: My gofundme

Where's the link?
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:50 AM   #3
warriorfan
The Irrefutable One

show us her tits
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:51 AM   #4
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
Where's the link?
https://www.gofundme.com/TIMCTMADISL

Don't know how I forgot that haha

Last edited by jongib369 : 12-17-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:59 AM   #5
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
show us her tits
Old 12-17-2015, 04:25 AM   #6
DonD13
skuduskur

only read the last part where it says that the money is going to be used for rent and shit

this is not going to happen and isn't really the purpose of 'founding' something

sorry mate, i wish you nothing but the best
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:29 AM   #7
mehyaM24
College star

i may donate if i get the chance

you seem sincere enough, and have always been a decent poster here..

hope you and your girl pull through this rough patch
mehyaM24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:29 AM   #8
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
only read the last part where it says that the money is going to be used for rent and shit

this is not going to happen and isn't really the purpose of 'founding' something

sorry mate, i wish you nothing but the best
That's only if need be, its mostly for school, and medical bills. We both live with our parents, so we don't have rent to pay atm.

Do you think I should omit that?
Old 12-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #9
DonD13
skuduskur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
That's only if need be, its mostly for school, and medical bills. We both live with our parents, so we don't have rent to pay atm.

Do you think I should omit that?

if you got a concrete medical bill or a bill for a diploma or whatever you doing, post that

people will not give you 30k to live better
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:32 AM   #10
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehyaM24
i may donate if i get the chance

you seem sincere enough, and have always been a decent poster here..

hope you and your girl pull through this rough patch
Thanks man, the thought even means a lot.

Another poster said he wouldn't because I mentioned rent, but know she doesn't have any rent to pay atm. So it'd be medical bills from her fracture originally, getting another cxray, and worse case scenario possibly having to have surgery to rebreak it to fuse properly, and student loans. That kind of stuff
Old 12-17-2015, 04:35 AM   #11
jongib369
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
if you got a concrete medical bill or a bill for a diploma or whatever you doing, post that

people will not give you 30k to live better
I don't have any of that, the problem is I haven't told her about it. I wanted it to be a surprise. I just put 30000 for the hell of it, since they can give past any amount you ask for. But, it makes it seem rediculous so I'll lower it
Old 12-17-2015, 04:45 AM   #12
jongib369
College superstar

Made some updates, like lowering the asking amount etc.

Maybe it's not worthy, but I'm still going to do everything I can
Old 12-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #13
jongib369
College superstar

It'd help if I shared this on Facebook but I'd rather not,

Anyone who used this before have advice?
Old 12-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #14
Random_Guy
I rep the Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
It'd help if I shared this on Facebook but I'd rather not,

Anyone who used this before have advice?
yes, these type of funding is very make or break, you either get donations in the first two days or you start again immediately because you drop off the "trend list" then you become mixed up with the other hundreds of people asking for money. Unfortunately depression rarely gets much money, I like the back story and you seem like a great guy, hope you can raise the money that you need. I suggest some kind of interactions and more specific plans of how the money will be used as well.
Random_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:37 PM   #15
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM

Wait a minute.

I've had an equally as tragic life, so do I deserve funding too?

No, I'm like may other posters here. We get on with life and do the best we can.

There are plenty of hard luck stories out there, not to sound like an insensitive prick because your plight sounds sincere and shit, but why should this person receive help and not others who share similar circumstances?
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: