Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #196
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Not really. I'd probably take Skylar from Breaking Bad or Gillian from Boardwalk Empire over her. Just because she's great at being crazy, and screaming and being emotional, it doesn't mean she's the best actress.

This season hasn't been good. And they seriously need to kill Brody. The episodes he've been in have easily been the worst IMO. This series needs another jolt and killing Brody would easily do that.

This show has always been unrealistic since season 2, but now its unrealistic and it sucks. First, you already had Carrie, a bipolar person who has no problem getting off her meds, constantly disobeying her superior's orders, in love with a former terrorist, and now she's pregnant still working and the CIA hasn't caught on (from last episode, is she really expecting that Iranian CIA person to seriously put her family in Iran in danger by housing Brody? Seriously?).

Then you have Brody, who somehow is still alive, and now he's back completely fine working as a marine only a week or so after being on a heroine binge, and the CIA somehow trusts him and are putting him in overseas anti-terrorist missions even though THEY KNOW he had full intentions of committing terrorist acts and this is all because Javadi, the terrorist that financed the Langley Bombing, said he didn't do it.

And now you have this guy Javadi, the man who financed the Langley Bombing, cold-bloodedly murdered his ex-wife, and now as a CIA undercover just killed an American, getting to work for the CIA in exchange for not getting the ultimate punishment for all the horrible acts he's done, and the CIA's reason for believing in him is because of the threat that they'll tell Iran he's a turncoat (Did I get that right or am I missing something? If I'm not, couldn't the CIA just do this to every captured terrorist?)

And this is all mostly just from this season. Not trying to be negative, and I'm going to continue to watch just because I already got invested with the first two seasons. But this has just been bad.

Yeah the show is getting ridiculous Carrie/Saul carry the show and the only reason I am watching it.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #197
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Yeah the show is getting ridiculous Carrie/Saul carry the show and the only reason I am watching it.

Another thing I forgot to mention, why the hell would the CIA care that much about clearing Brody's name? And I understand why Carrie would want to, but why would she let people know that i.e. when she tried to stop the lawyer from killing the actual bomber, she screamed out something back to Dar Adal about clearing Brody's name?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #198
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Another thing I forgot to mention, why the hell would the CIA care that much about clearing Brody's name? And I understand why Carrie would want to, but why would she let people know that i.e. when she tried to stop the lawyer from killing the actual bomber, she screamed out something back to Dar Adal about clearing Brody's name?
Show is turning into the next 24.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #199
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Show is turning into the next 24.
Yep. This show has really dropped in quality and I loved 24. But what made Homeland so great was it's gritty realism. Turning into 24 without Jack Bauer is stupid

Unless they plan on turning Brody into Bauer
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #200
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I agree with guy. My attention wavered last night but I still watch. And not many of my friends do. I dont know about Carrie being the best actress on TV. Honestly I cant even say who is. But I want to bone her without protection and no pull out. Why is that? Something about that crazy chick. She doesnt have much of a body. Ass, hips. In some tight jeans you can be mislead. Yet I am attracted to this chick.

After last night I'm lost and have no idea which way this show is going. I also dont think I can take another scene where Broay just huffs n puffs intensely.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #201
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Quote:
Carrie is the best actress on TV and it's not close.

No offense, but I think she's the worst part of the show. She's always crazy. It gets annoying after a while. The writers could have made her a drunk or anything else, but to make her bipolar is crazy in itself. Bipolar people are people you do not want to be around. That, and I can't understand why she feels the way she feels for Brody. It's a sick infatuation.

Saul's the reason I watch the show.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #202
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I dont know about Carrie being the best actress on TV. Honestly I cant even say who is. But I want to bone her without protection and no pull out. Why is that? Something about that crazy chick. She doesnt have much of a body. Ass, hips. In some tight jeans you can be mislead. Yet I am attracted to this chick.

Claire Danes? She was Juliet.

miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #203
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

It's not a shock to see all the 24 comps, because the show is produced by 24 guys. It's sort of a 24, but less action, and more behind the scenes, was the initial pitch it seemed.

I've sort of enjoyed the ruse of her being in on the hospitilization, and the current play in Iran. But mostly because I didn't see it coming, not because it was good. And how could anyone see it coming when it's that rediculous. For an international thriller, they've really kind of boxed themselves in character wise. It really feels like the Carrie / Brody thing was written as a single story arc, and then they just keep force feeding it. They really need to get away from it. Explore more of Dara Dal's background. Saul's background has started to leak out some this year, and led to some interesting ground. Finish Brody and let Carrie's crazy persona mix with the Dara Dal's foot soldier guy, which they've hinted at, but haven't gotten any further. Explore him more. See what happens when those characters mix.

Or, just find a target to work on. Sort of the way The Killing jumped onto a new case in it's revived third season. Find some other plot to foil, and go into it from scratch, rather than continueing to claw our way down the same rabbit hole through Brody.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #204
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Its entertaining. They do a great evil white guy (Bennett and the Senator) Claire Danes and the young CIA agent are great, Saul is great, they have gotten rid of Mrs. Brody, her bairns and Mike the Marine (all addition by subtraction), I think the second half of the season has been appointment television. This new Iranian guy is good too.

The show saved itself, and for that I am grateful.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #205
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It's not a shock to see all the 24 comps, because the show is produced by 24 guys. It's sort of a 24, but less action, and more behind the scenes, was the initial pitch it seemed.

I've sort of enjoyed the ruse of her being in on the hospitilization, and the current play in Iran. But mostly because I didn't see it coming, not because it was good. And how could anyone see it coming when it's that rediculous. For an international thriller, they've really kind of boxed themselves in character wise. It really feels like the Carrie / Brody thing was written as a single story arc, and then they just keep force feeding it. They really need to get away from it. Explore more of Dara Dal's background. Saul's background has started to leak out some this year, and led to some interesting ground. Finish Brody and let Carrie's crazy persona mix with the Dara Dal's foot soldier guy, which they've hinted at, but haven't gotten any further. Explore him more. See what happens when those characters mix.

Or, just find a target to work on. Sort of the way The Killing jumped onto a new case in it's revived third season. Find some other plot to foil, and go into it from scratch, rather than continueing to claw our way down the same rabbit hole through Brody.

The show was amazing when the story was really about Carrie/CIA chasing a Marine hero that was really a terrorist. That was the storyline. Then the show became shit when the storyline became this ridiculous typical romance between two crazy ****ing people, Carrie and Brody, who's situations dictate that its best if they stayed away from each other but they can't stop loving each other and will do anything for the other.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #206
Draz
Like a Baoss.

I'm going to check into this. My girls forcing me to watch scandal which wasn't at bad at first but got pretty bad and started taking a toll. My favorite show is lost. we started prison break the other day and are two episodes in. We like it. Going to check this out is it on Netflix?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #207
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Claire Danes? She was Juliet.

Wow never noticed that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #208
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Wow never noticed that.

She's really the chick from My So Called Life, which if you're our age Gobb, should mean something. I think I was in 8th grade when that show got dumped from it's network slot and blew up on MTV.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...D7N9K49_osrYvA
Old 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #209
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
She's really the chick from My So Called Life, which if you're our age Gobb, should mean something. I think I was in 8th grade when that show got dumped from it's network slot and blew up on MTV.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...D7N9K49_osrYvA

Great show. Ended just when it should have.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #210
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Great show. Ended just when it should have.

Exactly ... when I was 13.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: