Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #46
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Homeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I kind of felt like the show knows that, it admits it, and it's almost winking at the audience when it did the scene with Saul and Quinn listening in on it. Quinn is pretty much expressing all the ludacris things about the scenario that the audience is probably thinking. And Saul is kind of sitting there sort of shamefully defending her, and in a way the show in general, shaking his head and sort of telling the audience to just bear with us here.

Nothing she did in that episode was less believable than the idea of a private helicopter flying totally undected with the CIA unable to track it, landing in the suburbs of DC, and zipping off. And then meeting up with Abu Nazir? How many times after 9/11 do you think Osama Bin Laden was being driven around in luxory vehicles to warehouses just outside the nations capitol.

But that's not really the point of the show for me. The point is that it's so crazy that I'm not able to see things coming. At some point it'll have one twist too many, but it's not there for me yet.

One of the things I find interesting are the critics who love this but hated The Killing for it's own series of implausible scenarios.
I sense this show will go the same direction as the Killing did, pulling the rug out one too many times and viewers going "f*ck this."

But yeah, don't like where this is headed. And yes, the fact that a FCKING HELICOPTER LANDED, PICKED UP 3 TERRORISTS, AND TOOK THEM TO A MEETING WITH ABU NAZIR and the CIA had no assets or couldn't find any to track it is just. Ugh.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The show is a bit much now, plus since I heard someone mention it on a paodcast I can't help but think that Saul is the mole working for the other side.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #48
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
The show is a bit much now, plus since I heard someone mention it on a paodcast I can't help but think that Saul is the mole working for the other side.

When Saul failed the lie detector test in season one did they ever explain it as anything other than him being stressed out?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #49
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Saul found the Brody video and could've easily discarded it. If he was a mole, he wouldn't have brought that to the CIAs attention.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #50
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would be seriously disappointed if it was Saul; just way too much of a cop-out. Just too easy to see coming. Plus, as was pointed out already, they had the chance to take a heel turn with Saul when he found the Brody video. Guy has just been way too committed in general, it would be really weird for it to be him.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #51
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Am I missing something? When were we supposed to think there was another mole besides Brody?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #52
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I sense this show will go the same direction as the Killing did, pulling the rug out one too many times and viewers going "f*ck this."

But yeah, don't like where this is headed. And yes, the fact that a FCKING HELICOPTER LANDED, PICKED UP 3 TERRORISTS, AND TOOK THEM TO A MEETING WITH ABU NAZIR and the CIA had no assets or couldn't find any to track it is just. Ugh.

It's nowhere near as bad as The Killing. At least the people in this show can act.

Quote:
Nothing she did in that episode was less believable than the idea of a private helicopter flying totally undected with the CIA unable to track it, landing in the suburbs of DC, and zipping off. And then meeting up with Abu Nazir? How many times after 9/11 do you think Osama Bin Laden was being driven around in luxory vehicles to warehouses just outside the nations capitol.

yeah. Helicopters draw a lot of attention. And they tend to show up on radar. So do you Abu Nazr rents or leases his aircraft?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
It's nowhere near as bad as The Killing. At least the people in this show can act.
Yeah, I get that, I didn't mean to compare them in that regard. Or any regard, because the Killing was a shitty show and this isn't. But I see them doing the same type of thing, one too many cheesy feints pissing off the viewers.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #54
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Am I missing something? When were we supposed to think there was another mole besides Brody?
I think that suspicion arose after the massacre of the CIA agents, although many other things could explain that.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #55
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
I think that suspicion arose after the massacre of the CIA agents, although many other things could explain that.

Wasn't that roya? Did we ever figure out how roya knew the CIA was moving in on the gettysburg store?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #56
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Wasn't that roya? Did we ever figure out how roya knew the CIA was moving in on the gettysburg store?
Well yeah but how would Roya know? Hence the thoughts about someone tipping her off.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #57
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Well yeah but how would Roya know? Hence the thoughts about someone tipping her off.

I get it. Still though, it hasn't been something they've paid much attention to in the last 2 episodes.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #58
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Wtf is going on? My mind is blown.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #59
guy
NBA All-star

Idk but for whatever reason Estes wants Brody dead once Abu Nazir is caught.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 AM   #60
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

I am confused.

and if Saul is working with the terrorist I will be pissed/stop watching.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: