Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #121
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Homeland

I got my killing info from a podcast, but this sort of sums it up without the specific details I heard about Netflix doing it an then AMC coming in because they couldn't get Hell on Wheels back up and going. I had also heard some thought that there was some hope of catching a wave of free advertising when Joel Kinnamen stars as Robocop, and Mereille Enos stars opposite Brad Pitt in World War Z. Maybe their hoping Enos steals him from Angelina while on set and becomes wildly famous.

Quote:
AMCís The Killing has returned from purgatory and will air its third season on the network. The crime drama was cancelled after two seasons and then had its hopes resurrected by a joint effort from AMC and Netflix, thanks to relentless pursuit from producer Fox TV Studios. Though none of the execs from the above-mentioned organizations would confirm the news, it looks like showrunner Veena Sud and executive producers Dawn Prestwich and Nicole Yorkin are back in the writersí room as of this week, in order to churn out another season. Whether the show will regain its first season highs or continue its second season lows remains to be seen. Stars Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos are contractually obligated to return. Hit the jump for more.

Variety reports that production on season three of AMCís The Killing is likely to begin early next year with a debut date in late May. Kinnaman and Enos are likely to return, as is star Billy Campbell, but no one has been locked down as of yet. While it looked like Netflix was going to play the savior (much as the movie rental/streaming company has done with Arrested Development), no deals have been finalized. Expect the shows to air on AMC next spring as a hopefully replacement for soon-to-be-finished series Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

Like many viewers, I was a fan of The Killing during its first season and felt disenfranchised when they reneged on their promise to reveal the killer at the end of season one. Iím not up to speed on what transpired in season two, but shows today have enough difficulty generating interest from the get-go without suffering marketing missteps and cancellations. The Killing had a good thing going for it from the outset and could have even turned it into a series anthology, much like FXís American Horror Story. Now that it looks like itís back, Iím wondering, whatís the point? Maybe Iím wrong. If so, let me know in the comments below.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #122
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That sucks. Hell on Wheels deteriorated during the second season, but nowhere near as badly as the Killing. I watched a couple epis of season two even though the first season finale was a f*cking joke, and it was just bad. Through and through.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #123
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
That sucks. Hell on Wheels deteriorated during the second season, but nowhere near as badly as the Killing. I watched a couple epis of season two even though the first season finale was a f*cking joke, and it was just bad. Through and through.

I never watched Hell on Wheels, although I have a friend who said it was pretty good.

From what I've read, it sounds like it died for contractual reasons with some of the major players.

AMC is a notoriously cheap.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #124
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Now this is how you end a ****ing season. The writers of Dexter should take note.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #125
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Holy ****ing Shit this is great..
Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #126
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Now this is how you end a ****ing season. The writers of Dexter should take note.
This was a horrible horrible ending bro. I'm officially not watching this anymore.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #127
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
This was a horrible horrible ending bro. I'm officially not watching this anymore.

You think so? I thought it was pretty good but at first I thought it was him who did it. If he was set up then im not so sure how I feel.

And wtf was Saul just doing? If thats why I think it was then I'm really ****ing confused.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #128
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Did she hear Saul praying. Wtf 10x I knew Saul was corrupt since season 1. Kept on failing the polagraph
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #129
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
You think so? I thought it was pretty good but at first I thought it was him who did it. If he was set up then im not so sure how I feel.

And wtf was Saul just doing? If thats why I think it was then I'm really ****ing confused.
They have been hinting at Saul since season 1. Shit crazy tho
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #130
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
They have been hinting at Saul since season 1. Shit crazy tho

I know I guess but I bought there reasoning for him failing the polygraph. The guy has done SO MUCH to stop attacks.

And he looked shocked to even be at the site where the explosion happened in the first place.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #131
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Did she hear Saul praying. Wtf 10x I knew Saul was corrupt since season 1. Kept on failing the polagraph

What the **** are you talking about?

It's Polygraph.

He failed it and then he passed it. Polygraphs are not 100% reliable and that is why they aren't used in court.

But that is an aside, I repeat, what the **** are you talking about?

I suspect you thought Saul was praying in Arabic meaning he's a Muslim, but in fact, he was praying in Hebrew because he is not a Muslim, but Jewish, just like they told us all along. I suspect he was saying this prayer

I loved this ending. Yes there are a ton of weird plot holes and they probably will be for the run of this show, but I like the ambitious nature of it.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 12-17-2012 at 01:03 AM.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #132
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:

he was praying in hebrew....it's a hebrew prayer for the deceased. dude is jewish

Last edited by therammingman : 12-17-2012 at 03:14 AM.
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #133
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Well that was not what I expected, these writers are so good

Last edited by brandonislegend : 12-17-2012 at 03:15 AM.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #134
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Well that was not what I expected, these writers are so good!

the whole season sucked but finale was fun
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #135
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
the whole season sucked but finale was fun

The plot line had alot of holes, but the acting is top notch for a show and it is still exciting.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: