Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: T-Mac's First Practice In China (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
I remember having discussions with my friends back in the day when Kobe and T-Mac were vying for the title of best wing player in the league. I would be like..."Look at all the moves Kobe just did to get off his shot. Now look what T-Mac just did. He dribbled and raised up over you without much effort. That's it."

Tmac's got a solid 2-3 inches on Kobe, jumped as high if not higher in his prime, and longer wingspan I believe. Reality is Tmac could just shoot right over the top of just about anyone guarding him, so he didn't need to rely on as many 'moves' to get off a good shot.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
mark
Great young streetballer

mark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ncelis
wow dude is really out of shape.

TMac is atrocious. It must not take much to get an NBA tryout. He looks absolutely horrible.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
mark
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
More of T-Mac at practice............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjvXq1QPF5Y

he doesnt need to stretch he needs a wheelchair and a retirement home. I wonder what he makes there? Will China make the same sort of mistake with Gilbert Arenas?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
mark
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else also notice that even young, athletic, prime T-Mac seemed to be "coasting" (for the lack of better words) at times. Even on offense he appeared to score 30 pts in a game without much effort expended. I remember having discussions with my friends back in the day when Kobe and T-Mac were vying for the title of best wing player in the league. I would be like..."Look at all the moves Kobe just did to get off his shot. Now look what T-Mac just did. He dribbled and raised up over you without much effort. That's it."

I remember him not hustling or making any effort at all defensively, while leading the league in scoring. Could never understand it.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
T-Mac's skill set is as good and silky smooth as they come, and yet hes out of the NBA at 33 after being one of the leagues best players. Crazy.
I think people need to stop feeding into this notion that the skilled players are the ones that maintain incredible longevity, when its actually the incredible athletes that continue to thrive. McGrady is as skilled as ever, but his athleticism is actually whats keeping him out of the league now.

He does look happy at least. Pressure is off him. He can just play basketball and have fun now; all while earning a tonne of money still.

TMAC was an incredible athlete.....The reason he dropped off so much was because he was not a hard worker ( In the sense....as you get older it takes alot of work to stay in great shape to maintain the same ability)

- couple with his back injury and the fact he rarely if any ever worked in the offseason to stay in shape/ work on his game.

- I think he got injured.....fell out of shape ( basketball game shape)....never put forth the effort to get back in peak shape, got depressed and just gave up.

- Same thing happened to many players from his era......

- The players who can maintain thier great play into thier 30's work hard in the offseason....are obsessed with bieng in great shape year round and are always working on thier skillset.

TMAC never did that.....he has said many times he doesn't even touch a basketball/go to a GYM during the offseason
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I think people need to stop feeding into this notion that the skilled players are the ones that maintain incredible longevity, when its actually the incredible athletes that continue to thrive.
Wrong, T-Mac is out of the league because of a crippling back injury, and the lack of a work ethic.

He was one of the most athletic players of all-time, a body built for dominating at basketball.

He had an unfortunate back injury, and he's out of shape ... that's why he's not in the league.

He never had much of a work ethic.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
he doesnt need to stretch he needs a wheelchair and a retirement home. I wonder what he makes there? Will China make the same sort of mistake with Gilbert Arenas?

Supposedly, he's making $1 million US dollars.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #23
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

T-Mac missing easy dunks, can't run, barely can get lift on the jumper.

Either way, he'll dominate the Chinese league. Wish him luck.

China becoming new retirement home for old NBA players.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Hes cardiovascular fitness is bad, but his outside shooting is good, last year he shot the three ball at 45%.

On a positive note , at least he looks injury free in terms of his gait, no limping or any overt signs of injury.

To me the issue seems motivation, he probably didn't stay motivated and fit over the off season and therefore didn't no NBA contract.

It's a interesting question why some players recovery fully from injury and others don't. I would have to say the lack of motivation by T mac would have to be one of the reasons. I just can't see him doing the conditioning work that a Kobe or MJ would do to recovery and give himself the best chance of getting back to his prime.

But at the same time, T mac did show he could still play last year,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpRzj...eature=related

maybe his attitude to training, put him offside with the coach and he didn't get any substantial minutes.

It's probably better for him to play in a weaker league and be the scorer, because he would of only get limited minutes in the league these days. Much like the end of Michael Finely career at Boston.

I always feel that big time scores, Iverson & T mac, are better off playing in other leagues and do what they are best at, scoring.

In the NBA at their end of careers, they would only get limited minutes, and that sad to see.

Watching guys like IA and T mac fade away in the NBA , gives me much more appreciation for players like Ray Allen, Kobe and even MJ, who played at a high level late in their careers.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

He looks fat, old, and slow. Who is this TMac impersonator?!?!
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #26
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TScc63oy7iU
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague

Tracy McGrady Can Still Elevate - Windmill Dunk (2012/China)

You never know, his athleticism may return, because unlike the NBA, he won't just be sitting on the bench.

He's probably the type of player that needs hard game time.

Good to see him enjoying the game.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

man he really let himself go never seen him so out of shape disgusted even looking @ him makes me want to workout
just joking

Last edited by Im so nba'd out : 11-12-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: