Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #16
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Default Re: Check out my new video

I turned it off after about eight seconds. Couldn't stand it.

That being said, it's not because you and your bad did a poor job - quite the contrary, actually. It just isn't my kind of thing.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:09 AM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

Too bad, because in the second eight seconds, we got into some boot scootin' hillbilly **** that I'm sure you would have loved.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Too bad, because in the second eight seconds, we got into some boot scootin' hillbilly **** that I'm sure you would have loved.
I'm not the most intuitive person in the world, so I'm not completely sure if you're openly mocking me here or trying to veil it. Either way, excuse me for preferring "hillbilly ****" over the kind of music you play.

As for my musical tastes, you've nicely lumped me into "hillbilly ****," undoubtedly because of my screenname, but allow me to mention some of the most beautiful music ever created is of the country western genre. I'd like to see you and your band do "Streets of Laredo" - I think it'd be outstanding. That is, if you'd lower yourself to such petty filth.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 01-31-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 AM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

-"Not bad, may I use this for my next movie?"
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I'm not the most intuitive person in the world, so I'm not completely sure if you're openly mocking me here or trying to veil it. Either way, excuse me for preferring "hillbilly ****" over the kind of music you play.

As for my musical tastes, you've nicely lumped me into "hillbilly ****," undoubtedly because of my screenname, but allow me to mention some of the most beautiful music ever created is of the country western genre. I'd like to see you and your band do "Streets of Laredo" - I think it'd be outstanding. That is, if you'd lower yourself to such petty filth.
I guess I'm just confused as to why you bothered to respond if you couldn't stomache more than 8 seconds. If somebody posts their country music video, I probably won't listen all the way through, but I also won't needlessly reply, "I didn't listen to it but I'm going to reply anyway."
Old 01-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:

I dont think he was mocking country music as much as he was mocking the fact that you would; 1) decide about a piece of music in 8 seconds (fairly small minded), and 2) would bother to post a response if thats all you did.

And yes there is plenty of wonderfull country and western out there (what about western swing adam - is that a jazz style? ).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #22
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I guess I'm just confused as to why you bothered to respond if you couldn't stomache more than 8 seconds. If somebody posts their country music video, I probably won't listen all the way through, but I also won't needlessly reply, "I didn't listen to it but I'm going to reply anyway."
i Guess you beat me to the punch.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Actually, I responded because I wanted you to know that although you didn't appeal to my demographic, the music was very crisply executed, something I thought you'd appreciate instead of firing off some sort of dry, annoyed comment completely devoid of its intented humor.

What I would have said was, "Thanks, that's actually quite a compliment because although we have our differences in musical tastes, I can appreciate that you still commented positively on the performance." Instead, you thought some sort of quip about "hillbilly ****" would be more effective, largely because you ignored the compliment on the performance itself because I can't take that elevator music.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Actually, I responded because I wanted you to know that although you didn't appeal to my demographic, the music was very crisply executed, something I thought you'd appreciate instead of firing off some sort of dry, annoyed comment completely devoid of its intented humor.
You heard only 3 or 4 notes, but I am flattered that you liked my execution of them. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:21 PM   #25
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

VERY NICE!
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I posted this at another board to get better views from more mature people and so far people like it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

Thanks for spreading the good word GOBB. One of the reasons that I post stuff like this here, is that I spend so many hours writing the music, and then I don't get a chance to perform it often enough (too hard to find a gig that pays enough to bring 10 musicians along). It feels like a waste if nobody ever hears it.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #28
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
You heard only 3 or 4 notes, but I am flattered that you liked my execution of them. Thanks.
Fck you. You try to be nice to some people and you get this trash in return. Be proud of yourself.

Eight seconds, of course, was an exaggeration. I skipped through it, and realistically probably watched about thirty seconds total. That being said, why don't you take the compliment instead of being such a complete deuchebag? I don't get people like you. I try and tell you that your music, although not to my tastes, is well executed, and you have to be difficult about it. Most ordinary people would've responded with a simple "thanks," but not you. You're too good for that sort of thing. Instead, you continue to make facetious remarks, for whatever reason, to attempt to belittle me.

Whatever.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 01-31-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:

What I would have said was, "Thanks, that's actually quite a compliment because although we have our differences in musical tastes, I can appreciate that you still commented positively on the performance." Instead, you thought some sort of quip about "hillbilly ****" would be more effective, largely because you ignored the compliment on the performance itself because I can't take that elevator music.
to be fair, he did say "boot scootin Hillbilly ****". And I do love a good banjo solo. Honestly.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
I try and tell you that your music, although not to my tastes, is well executed, and you have to be difficult about it. Most ordinary people would've responded with a simple "thanks," but not you. You're too good for that sort of thing. Instead, you continue to make facetious remarks, for whatever reason, to attempt to belittle me.

Whatever.
I guess you were dropped on your head as a baby or something. Let's review your original post that I was "supposed" to take as a compliment.
Quote:
I turned it off after about eight seconds. Couldn't stand it.
Wow, what an amazing compliment. I'm so flattered. Let me buy you a drink.

Last edited by adamcz : 01-31-2007 at 06:16 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: