Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-31-2007, 06:28 PM   #31
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Check out my new video

I'm sorry, quoting half of my post is a ridiculously feeble attempt, one I didn't expect from you because you've been one of my favorite posters on this board because of your intellect since I first started posting here years ago. In my opinion, somebody who can recognize the skill and talent it takes to play something even when they don't like the music is a high compliment. But you insist on continuing to be a deuchebag. I don't know why.

Quote:
That being said, it's not because you and your bad did a poor job - quite the contrary, actually. It just isn't my kind of thing.

Figure it out. Quoting half a post is something I expect from a jerk off like Dizzle. Not a top tier poster like yourself. When did you stop being the cogenial Adam who had fun with photoshops, dropped in with the occasional hilarious remark, and become some bitter dude who can't handle that somebody doesn't get off on his music?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:09 PM   #32
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Ok so there was an ounce of compliment in there ("quite the contrary" is the extent of it), but it was preceded by the fact that you couldn't stand the music and therefore didn't listen to it.

Why the **** would I (or anybody else) care what somebody who has never listened to my music has to say about it? The real issue here is your overinflated ego - the fact that you think your opinion on something you are ignorant to is worth sharing.

Quote:
I'm sorry, quoting half of my post is a ridiculously feeble attempt
When the first half of your post voids the second half, it's certainly merited. What if somebody were to make the following post:

"I've never seen Kobe Bryant play before, but here are the top five reasons I think he's overrated..."

Would one really need to address this fictional idiot's five reasons? Isn't it easier and more accurate to just point out that the idiot hasn't earned an opinion on this subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I can't take that elevator music.
aww.. you shouldn't have!
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:26 PM   #33
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

However you like it, adam. I'm not going any further with this because the entire thing has taken a completely negative spin that I never intended for in my original post. I see where you're coming from, but conversely, you refuse to see the point I'm trying to make. I have no idea why you continue to bitterly persist when I'm trying to reach a medium with you, especially when I've done my best to be friendly despite you taking cut after cut at me. The overinflated ego comment, although accurate, I found extremely ironic, because you're no humble Joe yourself.

Also worth mentioning is that had I only listened to eight seconds and gushed over it, you wouldn't have found that ignorant nor would we be in this situation with you ranting about how I'm ignorant to it.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 01-31-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem is with your thoughts on his work. Its quite clear he loves what he does and thats to make music. And he offered to expose his personal life to the board for thoughts, opinions on his work. The way you went about it and have been going about it is the issue here. Sometimes you dont have to offer your opinion if its not positive all the time. There are moments where you ignore, skip over it, or as my mom would tell me "keep your comments to yourself"...and that isnt to be confused with close mouth not being fed. Has to do with just some good ole fashion common courtesy. If you cant relay your thoughts in a way that doesnt ruffle feathers, attempt to embarrass then why offer anything more than silence? It would be golden in this case. Some people take thier work seriously so if they lash back at you...you have to acknowledge why that is. A back and forth wouldnt have developed if you just apologized and gave a positive comment at the end. "Sorry adam, didnt mean to attack your music the way I did. Honestly? I never gravitated towards that kind of music, but i respect what you do and much success to you". Something along those lines, not word for word...you then give an apology and end it with some sincerity. It would end on good terms and the person you offended would no longer feel that way.

An opinion where you dont favor whatever it is doesnt have to be negative, ignorant, hurtful. You can go about an opinion without upsetting, offending the individual even if its not praising, celebrating whatever it is that may be. In this case music. And if you notice whenever you offer an opinion that isnt in support rather against and people react where an argument ensues...maybe its time to check your opinion at the door until you show you can offer one where the opposite party doesnt feel like you slapped them in the face.

Just think about it. Maybe the grammar isnt great. Maybe the run on sentences are longer than a marathon. Vocab could use some fine tuning but after reading my post you should get the point. Food for thought.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:50 AM   #35
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

I agree with the majority of what you're saying, GoBB. I did not mean to be hurtful or offensive in my initial post to adam. Rather, I wanted him to know that although there are folks out there who don't like his genre of music, they can still appreciate that it was played well. Unfortunately, adam didn't take it that way and straight up refuses to understand my point of view even on further elaboration. I accept my responsibility in causing this dispute but let's not pretend adam's continued snide remarks didn't prolong it.

If my comments offended or hurt you, adam, you need to develop thicker skin; that being said, I am truly sorry if they did that. My intention was not that, it was to give you (and your band) props despite the fact that the music is not up my alley. I've tried to explain this to you and all you've done is belittle me and generally be a deuchebag in general, which I can't comprehend because even when I cleared up what I meant you continued to be hostile. I don't harbor any ill feelings towards you; as I mentioned, you're one of my most respected posters here. You mightn't know who I am, but I've been around the block on this site and know a good poster when I see one. I'm ready to bury the hatchet here if you are.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #36
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

never heard actual jazz before. It seems kind of boring after awhile but i know the people behind the instrument are having a blast with it. IT seems like everyone is just jamming and improvising
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #37
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
never heard actual jazz before. It seems kind of boring after awhile but i know the people behind the instrument are having a blast with it. IT seems like everyone is just jamming and improvising
If you've never heard jazz before, you shouldn't be using my band to make up your mind - that's not fair to the artform! Check out some Coltrane before you decide if you like it. You still might find it boring, but at least you made that decision after hearing the best.

Lots of jazz is jamming and improvising, but the micro orchestra is actually mostly composed. I'd say 75% composed, 25% improvised.

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I agree with the majority of what you're saying, GoBB. I did not mean to be hurtful or offensive in my initial post to adam. Rather, I wanted him to know that although there are folks out there who don't like his genre of music, they can still appreciate that it was played well. Unfortunately, adam didn't take it that way and straight up refuses to understand my point of view even on further elaboration. I accept my responsibility in causing this dispute but let's not pretend adam's continued snide remarks didn't prolong it.

If my comments offended or hurt you, adam, you need to develop thicker skin; that being said, I am truly sorry if they did that. My intention was not that, it was to give you (and your band) props despite the fact that the music is not up my alley. I've tried to explain this to you and all you've done is belittle me and generally be a deuchebag in general, which I can't comprehend because even when I cleared up what I meant you continued to be hostile. I don't harbor any ill feelings towards you; as I mentioned, you're one of my most respected posters here. You mightn't know who I am, but I've been around the block on this site and know a good poster when I see one. I'm ready to bury the hatchet here if you are.

You did your part bro...ball is in his court.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #39
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You did your part bro...ball is in his court.
This kiss and make up **** is gay. The comment that I'm allegedly supposed to apologize for is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Too bad, because in the second eight seconds, we got into some boot scootin' hillbilly **** that I'm sure you would have loved.
Stupid post gets smart-ass response. GOBB, you would have done the same. The only embarressing thing is that we're still talking about it. How about instead of an apology, I offer the weird smiley.

:
Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Not gay, its being the bigger man. I've done it countless times. Swallow your pride. You can do it. You can.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: