Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Kawhi Leonard

can someone please explain to me why this guy is ranked so high even though his numbers are pretty much crap.

also. whats the value of copeland in nyk now that amare is out for 6 weeks.

cheers
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kawhi Leonard

high potential and we know he'll get his minutes

he also has a good stroke and solid rebounder
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far

People are high on him because of solid FG/FT and 1/1/1 potential for 3/steal/blocks.

I think he'll be a solid player, probably end up in the 60-80 range at end of season, but some of these projections into the 30 range are overrating in my opinion. With the Spurs system, he won't really be a volume scorer or get a lot of touches.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #4
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

should i drop mullens or asik for this guy? 10 team roto 9 cat.

LBJ
Melo
Cousins
Lowry
Curry
Zach
Jrue Holiday
Chandler
Nikola Pek.
Lillard
Faried
Omer
mullens
Old 10-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #5
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far

You have a lot of PF/C so would probably dump Mullens for him. I actually have Mullens in almost every league this year as a sleeper (but my leagues tend to be deeper with 12-14 teams). I would take Kawhi over either Asik or Mullens, matter of fact.

For roto Kawhi is a stud b/c he is so efficient with high percentages and low TO's. I would project him to something like 12 pts, 7 reb, 2 assists, 1 three. 1.5 steals, slightly under 1 block. Awesome numbers as is, but if you look at his percentages, he shot 49% FG and 77% FT, with only 0.7 TO's last year, which are massive stats for Roto play.

I see Mullens as more a novelty in the sense that he will give boards and 3's from a center position, kind of like a poor man's Ryan Anderson but with much crappier FG/FT%.

By the way, your team is pretty stacked, even for a 10 team league... It looks like you landed Lowry, Curry, Chandler, Lillard later than usual.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life
You have a lot of PF/C so would probably dump Mullens for him. I actually have Mullens in almost every league this year as a sleeper (but my leagues tend to be deeper with 12-14 teams). I would take Kawhi over either Asik or Mullens, matter of fact.

For roto Kawhi is a stud b/c he is so efficient with high percentages and low TO's. I would project him to something like 12 pts, 7 reb, 2 assists, 1 three. 1.5 steals, slightly under 1 block. Awesome numbers as is, but if you look at his percentages, he shot 49% FG and 77% FT, with only 0.7 TO's last year, which are massive stats for Roto play.

I see Mullens as more a novelty in the sense that he will give boards and 3's from a center position, kind of like a poor man's Ryan Anderson but with much crappier FG/FT%.

By the way, your team is pretty stacked, even for a 10 team league... It looks like you landed Lowry, Curry, Chandler, Lillard later than usual.

ended up dropping omer. hopefully it wont come back to bite me in the ass. i'll miss those rebounding numbers. but i cant stomach letting go mullen's 3's rebounds and block combo. like you said, poor man's ryan anderson. Yeah i landed some guys pretty late. i am especially proud of the lillard pick.

thanks for the input guys.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: