Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #16
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lakers vs Spurs in WCF this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Spurs need a new franchise player. 30 year old Tony Parker can only take them so far. Even if they get to the WCF again, which is entirely possible, nobody on the Spurs impacts both ends of the court in the way Dwight or Lebron do.
Nobody in the entire NBA impacts the game on both ends the way Dwight and LeBron do.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Nobody in the entire NBA impacts the game on both ends the way Dwight and LeBron do.

Which is why I have both of their teams in the Finals... So, what will it take for the Spurs to get to the Finals assuming it's not a Tony Parker-lead team? The answer is not clear, but SA can only ride the Parker train for so long until they shake things up. Manu and Duncan will likely retire Spurs.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man

TheFan has an OK reputation so far

Lakers can't guard Spurs offensive backcourt... and the Spurs have plenty of defenders to throw at Kobe... it depends on how much damage D12 can do inside to draw defense at him.
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #19
oolalaa
I eat cheese

oolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected poster

Lakers will dominate in 5. This underrating of the Lakers has to stop. As far as I'm concerned, they should be joint favourites to win it all. Barring injury, I can see them beating the heat in 6 games in the Finals.
oolalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolalaa
Lakers will dominate in 5. This underrating of the Lakers has to stop. As far as I'm concerned, they should be joint favourites to win it all. Barring injury, I can see them beating the heat in 6 games in the Finals.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Is that supposed to be intimidating? Should i post Kobe, Gasol, Nash, Howard and the incredible Hulk?
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #22
oolalaa
I eat cheese

oolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

oolalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #23
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolalaa

Meh, 6 games for the Lakers sounds about right.

I don't think their 'heavy' favourites though. They still need time to gel.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Sorry did Thunder as a franchise get deleted or something?

What's wrong with predicting Spurs making the conference finals over Thunder?
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
What's wrong with predicting Spurs making the conference finals over Thunder?

Nothing but mentioning Clippers, Nuggets, Clippers and not the Thunder is.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #26
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Nothing but mentioning Clippers, Nuggets, Clippers and not the Thunder is.

I see your point, didn't even read the guy's post fully.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #27
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Without Harden they are a 4-5 seed second round exit

The Thunder are a much better team then they ever were. Martin is going to give the Thunder the same production as Harden did and will eventually be comfortable enough to surpass Harden. I don't know why Parsons was thrown in but that is a great great addition to the Thunder's roster. The even scarier thing is that they will have a lottery pick next summer and be even better in 2013-2014.

Lakers are great but let's be serious. Kobe, and Nash, a combined age of 72 isn't going to stop Westbrook and Durant from averaging 50 a game if they were to match up. The Laker's offense will be great but I don't know if Howard will be enough to stop every penetration from Westbrook.( who will run circles around Nash)
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #28
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
The Thunder are a much better team then they ever were. Martin is going to give the Thunder the same production as Harden did and will eventually be comfortable enough to surpass Harden. I don't know why Parsons was thrown in but that is a great great addition to the Thunder's roster. The even scarier thing is that they will have a lottery pick next summer and be even better in 2013-2014.

Lakers are great but let's be serious. Kobe, and Nash, a combined age of 72 isn't going to stop Westbrook and Durant from averaging 50 a game if they were to match up. The Laker's offense will be great but I don't know if Howard will be enough to stop every penetration from Westbrook.( who will run circles around Nash)

Kobe and Nash as a duo aren't better then Durant and Westbrook as a duo, but the Thunder also don't have Gasol and Howard up front.

Nash might not keep up with Russell but he will create a lot of havoc offensively for OKC. Howard is by far the best defensive player in the league, so I don't see what makes you think Durant and Westbrook will penetrate the shit out of LA?

Howard & Gasol's size alone will make OKC play from the perimeter since they don't have anyone consistent scoring in the paint.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #29
jl1718
I brick open layups

jl1718 has an OK reputation so far

With those three teams in the west, it's prolly gonna come down to injuries. Maybe even whomever makes the best mid season trade. It's gonna be a grind. CANT WAIT, LET THE GAME BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jl1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #30
Chief Keef
Decent playground baller

Chief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterChief Keef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
The Spurs look like the same team from last year... just a year older.

Spurs will do what they do every year.... win a lot of games and then get blasted out of the playoffs.

Okay but when is the last time Chicago did anything in the playoffs? The Spurs have won 4 rings since the last time the Bulls won anything.
Chief Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: