Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #16
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: I feel sorry for Jeremy Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
NYC just got flooded. 7.1 mil in the NY/NJ area are without power.

Getting to compete for a Championship and practice with elite players is good for a young player anyhow.

Wow.. really? We're talking about ****ing basketball here, and people all of a sudden start thinking we are comparing the problems of a basketballer to those of starving African children? Get off your high horses
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #17
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Wow.. really? We're talking about ****ing basketball here, and people all of a sudden start thinking we are comparing the problems of a basketballer to those of starving African children? Get off your high horses
No one said anything about Africans but yeah, many people over there also have it much worse. If he has a brain in his head Lamb isn't all that broken up either.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #18
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
No one said anything about Africans but yeah, many people over there also have it much worse. If he has a brain in his head Lamb isn't all that broken up either.

No ****. No one is comparing his situation to these things that are much worse is what I am saying.

Lamb will be fine.. and if he doesn't get traded straight away again I think this is better for his development.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #19
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Yeah poor kid he gets to contend for championships in the forseable future
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #20
livingby3's
Suns Ignite The Future

livingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this boardlivingby3's is popular on this board

I agree. Going through all the movements and environment change before playing even a regular season game ain't good for his emotions. but playing next to durant n westbrook can lead to both good and bad. I for one would hope he benefitted from these. The talent pool at the SG position for the league isn't looking bright, at least when u compare it to all other positions. dare I say Lamb got great potential to be a very good SG in this league, maybe not Kobe Wade level but he can hit the 2nd tier level. I hope all of these doesnt hinder his progress as a rookie and also his future as a player
livingby3's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Oh he'll be fine, he'll get some decent minutes for the Thunder, good teams need bench players too you know. Andrew Goudelock got 10mpg for the Lakers and he's garbage, so you'd expect Lamb to get more run than that plus be around a good coach and good core of players to help his development. Riding the bench and learning from these guys will probably help him in the long run more than playing big minutes early for a crappy team that's losing all the time.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash has an OK reputation so far

Bump, OKC sent him to the D-League. This is so sad, poor Lamb. He went from being one of the more interesting rookies with Houston to the D-league with OKC.

Rookies should get the time they need to develop with bad teams and not good teams. I bet this wasn't what he was expecting when he was ballin' with Houston in the pre season.

I truly feel bad for him.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Bump, OKC sent him to the D-League. This is so sad, poor Lamb. He went from being one of the more interesting rookies with Houston to the D-league with OKC.

Rookies should get the time they need to develop with bad teams and not good teams. I bet this wasn't what he was expecting when he was ballin' with Houston in the pre season.

He's going to develop. It's up to him to continue to get better, not the team playing him minutes. Lots of rookies/players don't get better with more playin time. At the core, Lamb is what he is, and that's a player not worthy of getting minutes over Martin.

Now it's up to him to get better. He can do so in the D League and by himself, getting in the gym and working on his game.

He's a great contingency plan if Martin ends up not resigning.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Me too, so freaking unfair!
Like getting traded after playing amazing pre-season basketball wasn't enough, now he's in the freaking D-league, he must feel horrible and I feel really bad for him too.

I am crying for Jeremy Lamb now! He only has 2 million bucks in his account right now for this year's salary, WTF!!!!
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #25
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

OKC actually uses its D-League team to develop young players. They're not sent there just so the team can hold onto them for future trades and such. He can develop much quicker getting playing time in Tulsa rather than warming the bench in OKC.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #26
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He's going to develop. It's up to him to continue to get better, not the team playing him minutes. Lots of rookies/players don't get better with more playin time. At the core, Lamb is what he is, and that's a player not worthy of getting minutes over Martin.

Now it's up to him to get better. He can do so in the D League and by himself, getting in the gym and working on his game.

He's a great contingency plan if Martin ends up not resigning.
I'm not saying he deserves to play ahead of Martin. All I'm saying is that he has ended up in a bad situation. He would have obviously played 18 games in the league right now and thats the only way to develop by getting playing time.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Seriously do you guys understand that you have to earn minutes in practice to get playing time? You cant just throw a scrub rook on the court and expect him to put up 10 a game.
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13

concur. Boy lost the argument and is going ballistic with comparisons now.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
I'm not saying he deserves to play ahead of Martin. All I'm saying is that he has ended up in a bad situation. He would have obviously played 18 games in the league right now and thats the only way to develop by getting playing time.

It's not the only way to develop.

Putting in the time when the lights and cameras aren't on you is a much bigger factor in developing than playing time.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #30
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It's not the only way to develop.

Putting in the time when the lights and cameras aren't on you is a much bigger factor in developing than playing time.
You can put as much time as you want but if you have no experience in this level you'll never get better. If Lamb was with any other team that wasn't a contender nobody would be talking about him having to earn his spot in training. Most rookies that were picked at around the same time as Lamb are all getting valuable time at this level. And not only that, but they are getting to learn from their mistakes.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: