Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
clipse
I brick open layups

clipse has an OK reputation so far
Default rate my team

Scoring: Field Goals Made (FGM), Free Throws Made (FTM), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO), Personal Fouls (PF), Technical Fouls (TECH)

Positions: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

12 man H2H:

1. (4) Russell Westbrook
2. (21) Marc Gasol
3. (28) Paul George
4. (45) Anthony Davis
5. (52) Steve Nash
6. (69) Manu Ginobili
7. (76) Roy Hibbert
8. (93) Thaddeus Young
9. (100) O.J. Mayo
10. (117) Harrison Barnes

Thinking of dropping Barnes for either Jeff Green or McGee, but I think I need a PG in case Nash goes down.

My watch list for PG is:
Nate Robinson
Ridnour
Devin Harris

Thoughts?
clipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: rate my team

i would drop barnes for green if you got a chance

and i believe that nate robinson will easily excel out of the 3 pg's
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
clipse
I brick open layups

I'm worried about the minutes Green will be getting. I know the lineup will change depending on matchups for the Celtics.

As for Nate, I like guys who will get a lot of burn, which is why I'd be leaning Ridnour since apparently Rose is ahead of Rubio in their respective recovery.

Thanks for the input though, I will definitely think it over.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
clipse
I brick open layups

I've been offered Lawson for Paul George and Mayo. The issue is that it leaves me with only one SG (Manu). Should I make the trade and try to find a SG off FA's? I'm thinking Mayo will get quite a few FGA's, and I hate the idea of letting go of George.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse
I've been offered Lawson for Paul George and Mayo. The issue is that it leaves me with only one SG (Manu). Should I make the trade and try to find a SG off FA's? I'm thinking Mayo will get quite a few FGA's, and I hate the idea of letting go of George.
Let's see his team. One thing I've learned about fantasy is that its usually quality over quantity. You could trade for lawson and try to pick up a guy like derozan or gerald henderson that will give you similar production to Mayo.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse

I would definitely take that trade. You can always try to trade for another SG later or get someone off waivers.

Take into account waivers for any 2 for 1's.

Basically it's Javale McGee and Lawson vs. Paul George and Mayo. I would take McGee and Lawson in a second. By the way, I think McGee will be better than people expect and still get a lot of minutes, probably winning over the starting gig early into the season. You can turn it around and package something like Lawson and Thad Young to aim for a first rounder or try to trade that package for James Harden.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
clipse
I brick open layups

I ended up taking the deal. With Manu as my only SG (and now hurt), I dropped Barnes to snag Henderson. I'll now consider Jarrett Jack, JaVale, Nick Young, and RIP once the trade goes through. Any suggestions?

I am hurt substantially in 3PT's now, and don't know if I should just tank 3's to solidify other categories. I might consider Byron Mullens, but having 2 players on the BOBCATS??? Ugh.... And The reason I wouldn't be inclined to take McGee is that I should be fine with blocks (Hibbert, Davis, Gasol, and even Thad Young) most weeks. But 3pt's i'm limited to Manu, Lawson, and Nash since Westbrook and Henderson don't really make a lot of 3's.

Thanks BTW for everyone's input.

Last edited by clipse : 10-30-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

you are tanking 3's but you could consider delfino if he's available if you need the 3 ball.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #9
clipse
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
you are tanking 3's but you could consider delfino if he's available if you need the 3 ball.

Won't Delfino be playing behind Harden? I really think RIP will get a ton of shots with Rose being out. But Mullens is another option, as is Nick Young who should be in a time share with JRich.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: