Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I at least have one energy(monster) drink aday,will it have any negative effect on me

Yes. They're usually worse than soda. If you drink a couple cans of soda or 1 energy drink a day you're taking in your daily equivalent of sugar in one drink that's suppose to be for the whole day.

So it's very likely you're eating other things throughout the day that have sugar in them. Which in the long term "could" make you insulin resistant and on-set to diabetes because you're taking in so much sugar each day.

Back after WWI the daily sugar intake of sugar for Americans was estimated at about 15-20 grams a day. Today we're taking in like 75 grams of sugar. After High Fructose Corn Syrup was introduced into the American food supply in the 70s our sugar intake nearly doubled AND the obesity rate started to sharply go up at that time as well.

I recently got lazy and started eating horrible and not exercising. I went form 240lbs down to 185 from January 2012 to July of 2012. At the beginning of October I was 186, I stopped exercising totally and went lazy on my diet. I was binge eating. For example I would eat 9 chocolate cookies in 1 setting (big ones). 250 calories for each cookie and each cookie had like 21 grams of sugar. Over the course of the month I gained 11 pounds.

3 days ago I went back on my health kick. Only water/milk and eating healthy choices with protein in my diet. I exercised both days for 15 minutes. I went from 197 down to 192.2 in 2 days.

Sorry that I rambled, but you are what you eat/drink.

Last edited by Meticode : 10-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I at least have one energy(monster) drink aday,will it have any negative effect on me

u gon die pretty soon homes
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't see how you can have that once a day. The jitters is just weird, especially if you want to take a quick nap during the day and the crash afterwards is pretty tough to avoid unless you drink it very slowly. Plus, most of them taste terrible.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #19
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

There's a shit load of sugar and other unhealthy crap in those drinks. One can has roughly your daily intake for sugar. Naturally, you'll be eating and drinking other things through the day so you're obviously taking in too much. If you were drinking 1 a week, then that's one thing. 1 a day is not at all healthy. That's like going to McDonald's once a day.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #20
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
5 Hour Energy is better for you since it's mainly just ~200 mg of caffeine and B vitamins.

That's right, clones. They're un-believeable. Ri-diculous. In-credible. De-lectible.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #21
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has not been impressing people

Monster Rehab taste like shit!
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #22
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Monster Rehab taste like shit!
Lol dumbass
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Drinking one a day is harmful, but it's not because of the sugar content or the caffiene.

As someone mentioned before there are options that have reduces sugar. In fact those are more common amongst energy drinks. Even if you had a regular one the sugar content isn't high enough to cause any major harm if it's only a day. If you're active it can be a useful amount for a quick source of fuel

The caffiene content if you stick to only one a day is between 120 to 200mg. As a daily dosage it is not harmful at all. In fact it can have theraputic benefits to it. 120 mg a day have been shown to improve mood, reverse alzhiemers, and improve brain functions. Excessive of over 200 mg is where it may becaome an issue. The only thing that you may suffer from is the adrenal glands being taxed, but if you take an adrenal support product and a multivitamin it should balance that out. i'd suggest taking stresscare by Himalaya Herbal Healthcare daily for adrenal suppot. In fact taking that can be a good replacement.

The thing everybody missed that causes harm on a daily basis is the artificial coloring and artificial sugars. Those are substances that can cause major damage to your system.

Try Hype energy drinks. Great option with no artificial anything. Good natural caffiene and have great adrenal support products to compliment it
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #24
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

That's right, clones. They're un-believeable. Ri-diculous. In-credible. De-lectible.
Didn't mean to sound like a commercial.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: