Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
MetsPackers
new based god

Default Re: what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself?

I wish i was a little bit taller

I also wish i was a baller
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
This thread isn't very positive.

My favorite physical feature is my face, I'm pretty cute. I like how honest I am, other people don't, they think I'm a dick.
Hence the word hate... positive has no place in this discussion.
ZeN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
I wish i was a little bit taller

I also wish i was a baller
I bet you wish you had a girl who looked good, when you would call her
Probably hoppin' for a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a six four Impala
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
Burgz V2
Good college starter

physically - small hands, miss open dunks a lot

personality - nothing
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #20
red1
raptor fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
Hate? I'd like to think that I have outgrown physical hatred.
*traits we are mildly annoyed by
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Physical - Nothing, I'm deceptively strong, I like having that edge.

Personality - I get bored easily in conversations and try to change the topic, then if it doesn't work I just start being a dick to everyone and make them feel stupid for being interested in such a shitty topic. Oh wait, I actually wouldn't change that cause people are morons. Yeah nothing as well.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #22
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
ISH is no place for negativity.
ISH is malice encompassed.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
It's kind of like when my hair started thinning, I was like O GOD. Again, you realize nobody cares as much as you do.
I think you make a great point and it's worth reiterating. No one cares as much about how we look as we do, so it might be a good idea for some folks to step back and realize some of their uncontrollable physical "downfalls" aren't worth losing sleep over and likely aren't downfalls at all.

I certainly have physical insecurities, but often I'll gather myself and make a point to take a deeper look at the people I just know for being who they are, and finding small features about them I normally don't notice, but might otherwise be considered abnormal on some regard. It'd be something like noticing a mole on a friend's face and thinking, "I bet she's self-conscious about that sometimes" and then I remind myself I never noticed it existed, let alone that it affected how I felt about her. It reminds me we all tend to be looked at as a whole, rather than as a series of features.

I think we're better at accepting other people in their entirety than we think we are, which in turn means we're accepted as we are more than we often believe.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #24
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

i overthink to the point i drive myself crazy
and i'm only five foot four =(
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I think you make a great point and it's worth reiterating. No one cares as much about how we look as we do, so it might be a good idea for some folks to step back and realize some of their uncontrollable physical "downfalls" aren't worth losing sleep over and likely aren't downfalls at all.

I certainly have physical insecurities, but often I'll gather myself and make a point to take a deeper look at the people I just know for being who they are, and finding small features about them I normally don't notice, but might otherwise be considered abnormal on some regard. It'd be something like noticing a mole on a friend's face and thinking, "I bet she's self-conscious about that sometimes" and then I remind myself I never noticed it existed, let alone that it affected how I felt about her. It reminds me we all tend to be looked at as a whole, rather than as a series of features.

I think we're better at accepting other people in their entirety than we think we are, which in turn means we're accepted as we are more than we often believe.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #26
alenleomessi
W

i wish i was 6'4 and had an 8 inch dick
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #27
JEFFERSON MONEY
Glory be to Allah

Hairline (Uneven and weird lol)

Trait: Jealousy. It's probably the strongest emotion I have. And it is very ****ing dominant and it leads to terrible thoughts that can't be acted out in a non-violent society. I'd like to think that my desire to succeed or my love for family/friends exceeds it, but many times it hasn't been the case. It's very upsetting.

I don't get angry. I'm not weak. I'm not particularly afraid of anything. But push the jealousy buttons and bam.

I'm not talking about the kind of jealousy girls have. I have nothing but respect for those who are better off/more handome etc.

I'm talking about the disgusting gut-wrenching green-eyed will to kill when your personal ideas have been taken and passed off as someone else's. I'm talking about the feeling you get when you raise your younger siblings and put enormous effort and sacrifice into their well-being and they value the opinions of the media/their friends over you. I'm talking about the kind of pain you get when you're a superstar (and then become a has-been) and you run sh!t in highschool and college, and some half-azzed twerp surmounts the throne and receives all the adulation and praise from the audience. Talking about real betrayal.

Got to learn to let go.

Jealousy is linked to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and the fear of loss/abandon. And I've lost many things in my life/been betrayed, and yes certain things have to be perfect and routine.

Second would be narcissism. It's probably a defense mechanism. There are way too many "I's" and "me's" and personal anecdotes when arguing. It's a damn shame. Working on the debating skills, and it is imperative to use a combination of facts and facts ONLY to tackle an issue. Also I use the "let's agree to disagree" type thing to deny reality. Got to stop that sh!T ASAP. The truth should prevail over lies.

By the way...

Homosexuality is linked to paranoia.
Vanity is linked to being effeminate.
Arrogance is linked to insecurity.
Self-depreciation/excessive putting down is linked to having too much self-love concern for yourself.
Anxiety is linked to being treated too harshly as a kid/low test levels.

And then there are a bunch of personality disorders.
Schizo (People with too much dopamine in their system)
Histrionic (Attention-seeking) usually experienced by middle/elder children and women.
Lazy ADHD (Think eeyore) Consummate wankers.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 10-30-2012 at 05:01 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
JEFFERSON MONEY
Glory be to Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Being overly generous and have high expectations.

Probably my best yet worst trait. I love to give, yet I get hurt when there's no appreciation.

Word?

Same here. "The deepest human need is to be appreciated." I thought that was some bullsh!t, just like love. I thought there were way too many exceptions to the rule (like the men who keep this society together without receiving any thanks) but its becoming more and more evident.

They say that in the act of giving is a way of expressing love and when you express that love it transforms BOTH the beloved and the lover. Therapeutically.

But when there's no reciprocation, that's when the act seems worthless.

I'm thinking that you would go to the ends of the Earth for your son and wife.. but if all of a sudden they were cold, and stingy with you.. it'd relaly make up the bulk of the thoughts huh?

Same thing happened with my roommate. Lent money, gave support, rides, and all that. Always thought reciprocal altruism and kindness were completely engraved and a facet of being human. Guessed wrong.

edit: Macho man. Nope, IRL speak concisely with necessity. weird.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #29
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
With me, it isn't even like that though. I'm usually indifferent toward people but I'll be polite when they talk to me. It's more of a general apathy toward life. Like I don't have any real life goals or desires for things like a family, a big house/car, etc. All of my motivation to do the little bit I do to get by stems from a basic instinct for homeostasis.

BTW you don't seem impolite to me lol. But maybe you're different in person.
Same case with me...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #30
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

physically nothing - i am used to the way i am now so i don't think i would want to change anything specifically. although i'm now noticing a slight receding hairline, so i would like to stop that before it becomes an issue.

mentally - i am too lazy and unmotivated. i'd like to have a better attitude to getting up and working hard, my mum works 6.5 days a week because she wants to (real estate agent) i couldn't dream of doing that.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: