Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself?

Hairline (Uneven and weird lol)

Trait: Jealousy. It's probably the strongest emotion I have. And it is very ****ing dominant and it leads to terrible thoughts that can't be acted out in a non-violent society. I'd like to think that my desire to succeed or my love for family/friends exceeds it, but many times it hasn't been the case. It's very upsetting.

I don't get angry. I'm not weak. I'm not particularly afraid of anything. But push the jealousy buttons and bam.

I'm not talking about the kind of jealousy girls have. I have nothing but respect for those who are better off/more handome etc.

I'm talking about the disgusting gut-wrenching green-eyed will to kill when your personal ideas have been taken and passed off as someone else's. I'm talking about the feeling you get when you raise your younger siblings and put enormous effort and sacrifice into their well-being and they value the opinions of the media/their friends over you. I'm talking about the kind of pain you get when you're a superstar (and then become a has-been) and you run sh!t in highschool and college, and some half-azzed twerp surmounts the throne and receives all the adulation and praise from the audience. Talking about real betrayal.

Got to learn to let go.

Jealousy is linked to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and the fear of loss/abandon. And I've lost many things in my life/been betrayed, and yes certain things have to be perfect and routine.

Second would be narcissism. It's probably a defense mechanism. There are way too many "I's" and "me's" and personal anecdotes when arguing. It's a damn shame. Working on the debating skills, and it is imperative to use a combination of facts and facts ONLY to tackle an issue. Also I use the "let's agree to disagree" type thing to deny reality. Got to stop that sh!T ASAP. The truth should prevail over lies.

By the way...

Homosexuality is linked to paranoia.
Vanity is linked to being effeminate.
Arrogance is linked to insecurity.
Self-depreciation/excessive putting down is linked to having too much self-love concern for yourself.
Anxiety is linked to being treated too harshly as a kid/low test levels.

And then there are a bunch of personality disorders.
Schizo (People with too much dopamine in their system)
Histrionic (Attention-seeking) usually experienced by middle/elder children and women.
Lazy ADHD (Think eeyore) Consummate wankers.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 10-30-2012 at 06:01 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #32
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: what physical feature & personality trait do you hate most about yourself?

If you are anything like you are on here in real life your worst trait is talking way too fcking much.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Being overly generous and have high expectations.

Probably my best yet worst trait. I love to give, yet I get hurt when there's no appreciation.

Word?

Same here. "The deepest human need is to be appreciated." I thought that was some bullsh!t, just like love. I thought there were way too many exceptions to the rule (like the men who keep this society together without receiving any thanks) but its becoming more and more evident.

They say that in the act of giving is a way of expressing love and when you express that love it transforms BOTH the beloved and the lover. Therapeutically.

But when there's no reciprocation, that's when the act seems worthless.

I'm thinking that you would go to the ends of the Earth for your son and wife.. but if all of a sudden they were cold, and stingy with you.. it'd relaly make up the bulk of the thoughts huh?

Same thing happened with my roommate. Lent money, gave support, rides, and all that. Always thought reciprocal altruism and kindness were completely engraved and a facet of being human. Guessed wrong.

edit: Macho man. Nope, IRL speak concisely with necessity. weird.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #34
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
With me, it isn't even like that though. I'm usually indifferent toward people but I'll be polite when they talk to me. It's more of a general apathy toward life. Like I don't have any real life goals or desires for things like a family, a big house/car, etc. All of my motivation to do the little bit I do to get by stems from a basic instinct for homeostasis.

BTW you don't seem impolite to me lol. But maybe you're different in person.
Same case with me...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #35
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

physically nothing - i am used to the way i am now so i don't think i would want to change anything specifically. although i'm now noticing a slight receding hairline, so i would like to stop that before it becomes an issue.

mentally - i am too lazy and unmotivated. i'd like to have a better attitude to getting up and working hard, my mum works 6.5 days a week because she wants to (real estate agent) i couldn't dream of doing that.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Personality trait - Fear of commitment. I'd like to be more comfortable taking the leap in different parts of my life. Def something I can change with effort and by choice tho so there is still time.

Physical - Get in better shape. I'm a lazy POS who is very good at rationalizing my laziness.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #37
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Being more athletic would probably be cool.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #38
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh wow I thought I was the only lazy dirtbag on ISH. Good to know I'm not alone.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #39
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
With me, it isn't even like that though. I'm usually indifferent toward people but I'll be polite when they talk to me. It's more of a general apathy toward life. Like I don't have any real life goals or desires for things like a family, a big house/car, etc. All of my motivation to do the little bit I do to get by stems from a basic instinct for homeostasis.

BTW you don't seem impolite to me lol. But maybe you're different in person.
Sounds like you've wanted to be something your whole life and failed.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #40
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23

Na I've never really wanted to be anything special. I mean I've always had hobbies that interest me and help me to pass the time, but nothing that you could consider a career or life goal.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #41
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
That happened to me, so I became totally apathetic after...
Illness stopped me from playing pro ball and now I'm at third year of college, not trying at all. Barely passed my 2nd year and showing no improvement, just going through the motions...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #42
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

What illness? Do you play in college?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #43
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What illness? Do you play in college?
He has AiDS.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #44
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

my lack of height and fat
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #45
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Word?

Same here. "The deepest human need is to be appreciated." I thought that was some bullsh!t, just like love. I thought there were way too many exceptions to the rule (like the men who keep this society together without receiving any thanks) but its becoming more and more evident.

They say that in the act of giving is a way of expressing love and when you express that love it transforms BOTH the beloved and the lover. Therapeutically.

But when there's no reciprocation, that's when the act seems worthless.

I'm thinking that you would go to the ends of the Earth for your son and wife.. but if all of a sudden they were cold, and stingy with you.. it'd relaly make up the bulk of the thoughts huh?

Same thing happened with my roommate. Lent money, gave support, rides, and all that. Always thought reciprocal altruism and kindness were completely engraved and a facet of being human. Guessed wrong.

edit: Macho man. Nope, IRL speak concisely with necessity. weird.

You nailed it.

I'm that guy who pays for all the drinks, goes out of his way to make sure everyone is included, plans the sickest events...
Yet the moment something better comes along I'm the one left out. Maybe it's more the friends I keep. I've really became bitter towards a set group of friends because of it and stuck close to maybe a handful.

But my family is a different story. I ask nothing in return and am genuinely in love with my wife and give all I have to my son. I got criticized once on here for giving $50 every check to my son for allowance. I do it because I want to and it makes me feel good to provide that for him.

For the record, I think people like you are rare in which you can elaborate. Can roll with the jokes yet get serious and lay out concise thoughts. A very unique and admirable trait.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: