Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: How do some of yall watch 100+ games of nba if ur life contains work,school,gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umad101
Well I can't have a lab top at work cuz ill get in trouble and u never know when the boss is going to pop up occasionally
I'm not allowed to bring in a lap top either because i'm not a PO, but the desktops they have stream the games. For me at night time there is a 0% chance that a keeper (boss) comes and interupts me watching a game, and even less of a chance that the Warden comes in lol. The inmates are all in their cells, and i'm watching a stream, or a nationally televised game on a shity 13' TV lol.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: How do some of yall watch 100+ games of nba if ur life contains work,school,gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
I'm not allowed to bring in a lap top either because i'm not a PO, but the desktops they have stream the games. For me at night time there is a 0% chance that a keeper (boss) comes and interupts me watching a game, and even less of a chance that the Warden comes in lol. The inmates are all in their cells, and i'm watching a stream, or a nationally televised game on a shity 13' TV lol.
Lucky u, what u do cop? Security?
Umad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
DVR. Fast forward through commercials, halftime, and freethrows to save a lot of time

This! I usually only watch the playoffs live. Everything else I DVR. Way too many commercials during games.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

I usually watch a westcoast game before bed after work during the summer. During the school year I watch as many wizards games as I can after water polo season ends (practice is 8-10 and 90% of the wizards game start at 7 )

I'd say I watch about 80-100 games a year without really trying. I like to have my laptop to get work done during commercials though.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
who says i have any of those 3?

This
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Considering the NBA season stretches from basically Nov. to Jun. which is 200+ days, if one were to watch 150 games that would be an average of less than 1 game per day. An NBA game (half time included) lasts for ~3 hours. As mentioned by others if you DVR a game and skip through the commercias, time outs, and other interruptions, watching 100+ games would basically cause a person to devote an average of ~1.5- 2 hours of watching every other day. That's not really that much.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #22
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umad101
Lucky u, what u do cop? Security?
PO is probation officer I think. I did some traning here in California to be a Corrections officer. They are both similar but usually the Corrections officer works in the prisons while the Probation officer usually works with Individuals recently released from jail or prison who have premission from the court to live within the civilian community.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Umad101
Banned

Umad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsUmad101 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
Considering the NBA season stretches from basically Nov. to Jun. which is 200+ days, if one were to watch 150 games that would be an average of less than 1 game per day. An NBA game (half time included) lasts for ~3 hours. As mentioned by others if you DVR a game and skip through the commercias, time outs, and other interruptions, watching 100+ games would basically cause a person to devote an average of ~1.5- 2 hours of watching every other day. That's not really that much.
Well that sucks for me cuz 90% of the games I watch are laker games and they start 10:30 and end at 1 cuz I live on the eastcoast and during that time I'm in bed sleeping
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most of the games are late at night in my country (around 1-2 AM) so I don't have to sacrifice anything to see them. I go to sleep a little earlier than usual (around 10 PM),I wake up to watch the game and after the game is finished I go to sleep again.
That's how I still manage to get some sleep (let's say 5-6 hours) even when watching the NBA. Well,if it's doubleheader then I sleep like 2-3 hours but there are days I don't watch NBA which help me charge my batteries and get some sleep (like 10 hours of sleep).

I like the NBA too much to miss any of the important/Knicks games. There's a whole off-season to sleep
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #25
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

quit school
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
Umad101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
quit school
Dropping out now!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
Take time off your sleep schedule.

This is how it's done.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #28
starks2for18
Can barely lace up my sneakers

starks2for18 has an OK reputation so far

I went from being single in grad school to married with a full time job between the '04-05 and '05-'06 seasons. It was quite a shock to the system. It turns out that my special lady, unlike my previous roommate, had no interest in spending most nights drinking beer and watching League Pass from 6 pm central until the last west coast games finished. Plus I actually had to wake up and go to work every morning. I really miss those days.
starks2for18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #29
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

uhh be done with work by 4:30.

so obviously a lot of us are older than you.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #30
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

Own a business. put in about 12 hours/day there. Have a wife and 2 children... but I don't miss a Lakers game. the kids watch with me and my wife is more than happy to take the opportunity to do her own thing.

When your day starts at 6 am and ends at 1 am... you can get a lot done as long as you're not lazy and don't procrastinate, just handle your sh!t... other than sleep of course, but plenty of time for that whenever down the road.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: