Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board
Default Ty Lawson signs 4-year, $48 mill extension with Denver

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...57851207086080

Ty Lawson's extension with Denver is four years, $48 million, league source tells Y! Sports.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ty Lawson signs 4-year, $48 mill extension with Denver

thats a steal for a player like Lawson
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

jesus
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Seems fair to me. A lot to live up to for Ty, but he can do it, and he would have gotten something similar if he was a free agent this year.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
Seems fair to me. A lot to live up to for Ty, but he can do it, and he would have gotten something similar if he was a free agent this year.

Yup. Denver had to pay him regardless. Probably the most important player on the team and it started to really show in the second half of the season\playoffs.

Like how Denver didn't let him become a RFA and got the deal done and out of the way. Probably 1-2 mill over his actual value but in today's league , can't take a risk. Esp if he continues to improve.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think he cannot do that. Got overpaid by like 6 millions a year. To me Lawson is a limited player. He's like taller Nate. I have no idea what's behind this...
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Barring injury he would have gotten more than 50
Old 10-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
I think he cannot do that. Got overpaid by like 6 millions a year. To me Lawson is a limited player. He's like taller Nate. I have no idea what's behind this...

Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool

Meh. I think its just right
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Taller Nate? He just put up 16\7\4 on pretty good efficiency, and improved his play in the playoffs and helped Denver push L.A to 7. He'll never be an elite player or a guy you argue is top 10 or probably even 15 but with what Denver's doing you need to keep Lawson at any price really. You lose him than whatever you paid McGee\Gallo becomes useless because that whole winning as a team effort goes out the window. Some guy's are replaceable, some aren't.

Plus he's had the keys to the team for 92 games in the regular season. That's not even one and a half seasons. He was in a bench role early in his career, he still has a chance to improve on his last season. He could come out and do something like 18\7\3 while continuing to be a very efficient shooter, and if Denver finishing 3-6 than I can live with Lawson getting a few extra mill in a league where everybody is becoming overpaid
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Taller Nate? He just put up 16\7\4 on pretty good efficiency, and improved his play in the playoffs and helped Denver push L.A to 7. He'll never be an elite player or a guy you argue is top 10 or probably even 15 but with what Denver's doing you need to keep Lawson at any price really. You lose him than whatever you paid McGee\Gallo becomes useless because that whole winning as a team effort goes out the window. Some guy's are replaceable, some aren't.

Plus he's had the keys to the team for 92 games in the regular season. That's not even one and a half seasons. He was in a bench role early in his career, he still has a chance to improve on his last season. He could come out and do something like 18\7\3 while continuing to be a very efficient shooter, and if Denver finishing 3-6 than I can live with Lawson getting a few extra mill in a league where everybody is becoming overpaid

I don't know, when my Lakers played Lawson last post-season he seemed like a top ten player to me.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Excellent contract for a dude of his talent.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

You think Lawson is worth 6mill per year??
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: