Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Google Nexus 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
I can't believe what Verizon did to the note 2.horrific carrier branding. Verizon button On the damn home button smh
they also ruined their version of the s3 and galaxy nexus.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
not google's fault..blame verizon. they own the lte standard and won't let google use it w/o capitulating to verizon's demands (bloatware, locked bootloader, etc) which totally defeats the point of having a nexus.

exactly so people should stop complaining to google about damn lte
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 PM   #18
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
3 year old GPU
average camera
screen is easily scratched, so screen protector is almost required

Also Nexus devices do not sale a lot becuase of the lack of advertising. When the Nexus came out the Rezound had commercials. the RAZR had commercials, but the Galaxy Nexus? Almost nothing. Every phone like that will be a dud without advertising.
lol its a dud without advertising? nexus isn't a gimmicky phone like razr. it's just straight android, that gets the latest OS updates first and the best development community.

galaxy nexus is the best phone I've owned, been using android since G1. I'm all over nexus 4
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #19
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
HSPA+ is plenty fast for what you need to do on a phone. LTE isn't really necessary (though it is nice to have).

I am getting this phone.

This. Honestly 5-10 mbps is more than sufficient for a phone. Not sure I need 30 mbps or whatever these LTE speeds are.

BTW, the phone and the price is a great buy. I would of bought one if I didn't buy the Galaxy S3......
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #20
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
lol its a dud without advertising? nexus isn't a gimmicky phone like razr. it's just straight android, that gets the latest OS updates first and the best development community.

galaxy nexus is the best phone I've owned, been using android since G1. I'm all over nexus 4
I wasn't saying the Galaxy Nexus was a gimmicky phone. Also the Galaxy Nexus didn't get update first at all, that was actually one of the weak-points of it because consumers were complaining about having the phone for months without being updated to 4.0.4.

Also you totally misunderstood my post though I think. I'm not saying the Galaxy Nexus is a bad phone. When I went and got my Rezound I would've chosen the Galaxy Nexus if it had external microSD capabilities, but it didn't sell nearly as well at Verizon because of the lack of advertising.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #21
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I never felt any major difference while using 4G, the only major difference I felt was the battery life which got way worse. So a little bit faster while having worse batery time, no thank you.

I don't care if the phone is really slim, average works just fine for me. But a microSD card slot is a must for me, if I pay big money for a phone I don't want to be limited.

I have had plenty of phones, Galaxy Note, SGS III, HTC ONE X and now I use the iPhone 4S and I must say, having a microSD card slot like the SGS III and the Note is a big difference.
That's awesome.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBalla44
Google wanted a world phone. Why would they put LTE in the phone when most countries dont have it?
Because Verizon is the flagship carrier to be on in the U.S. They'd make more money off any other carrier. They said they didn't put the radio in because of costs. That's a bail out statement. So what? The phone retail is $350 which is astronomically low. Put in a LTE radio in it and charge an extra $50 and it's still cheaper retail than most phones which run into the $500 range.

Quote:
Btw, unless you put in a RAZR Maxx-like battery in there, LTE will kill your battery.
There's a very simple thing I do with this personally. my Rezound only has a 1600-ish mAH battery capacity. I use 3G most of the time, but if I download large apps or files I will use the 4G then swich back on a toggle.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #23
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
not google's fault..blame verizon. they own the lte standard and won't let google use it w/o capitulating to verizon's demands (bloatware, locked bootloader, etc) which totally defeats the point of having a nexus.
The Galaxy Nexus was already released untouched as a pure Google experience on LTE, not sure why the LG Nexus 4 would be any different.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #24
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
The Nexus has stock Android (the superior version of Android, BAR NONE) and timely updates. Enjoy flashing ROMS. I got better things to do.
I enjoy flashing ROMs. Even when I had the original Motorola Droid I flashed ROMs all te time. Overclocking a 550mhz phone to 1.2Ghz was awesome.

Plus getting access to free tethering and themes, etc is nice.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

android police initial thoughts

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11...build-quality/
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
The Galaxy Nexus was already released untouched as a pure Google experience on LTE, not sure why the LG Nexus 4 would be any different.

i wouldn't say it was "untouched": http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10...er-experience/
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: