Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What will actually change if Romney wins the election?

Does anyone see him actually touching social issues such as abortion and gay marriage? I don't because it's political trouble and he's a lot more moderate than he appears during the election.

I feel like the greatest area where we will feel a difference is international relations going forward with Iran and the likes, but even there not much differences.

I think a lot can and will change if the Republicans sweep the presidency, senate, and house....then it gets dangerous.

Thoughts?
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Rolando
High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation
Default Re: What will actually change if Romney wins the election?

If Romney wins he most likely with find a trick to get the economy going better, fairly quickly. Republicans do that kind of thing well so that's what I would expect.

The reason the the economy has not recovered a good pace under Obama is because he has not used any tricks, not created any bubbles. It is just a slow and honest recovery.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
General
High School Varsity 12th Man

General is starting to rub some people the wrong wayGeneral is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101

Most of his economic advisers were W. Bush's. The dude who got us into the recession to begin with by LOWERING taxes during two wars.
You do know the Bush tax cuts are still in effect? If you blame the tax cuts for the recession, do you credit them for the supposed recovery under Obama? The housing crisis caused the recession. Clinton's fault by the way.
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Bush is not the one who put America in recession. He surely didn't help and reacted too slowly but if you want to blame presidents for a recession that has was cause by numerous people then you are blaming the wrong presidents. Blame the presidents that allowed corporations to get to big thus allowing too big to fail and blame the president that allowed deregulation process to start ie, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Judging from this forum and what I've been seeing on Facebook, if Romney gets elected Hitler will rise from the dead and eat young children and pets alive.

And then the zombie apocalypse will begin.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Godzuki has decent reputation

i don't exactly buy he's moderate yet. i think Romney is more just trying to get into office and saying things to get votes to win the election by any means necessary. he's been trying of late to come across as more center than what he was pitching when he was running for the Republican nomination. its what makes trusting him very difficult since to me he's one of those guys who is thinking to win, and not so much delivering on what he's saying he'll do.

I think he will pander to the far right by pushing some conservative stances on social issues to please his base. i think he has to. he'll also free up regulations more for business's but pissing off environmentalists/far left which i think he's sure to do. he'll cater to the rich because he seems to genuinely believe they're getting screwed by Democratic proposals. he'll also be a lot more aggressive on foreign policy and probably piss off some other countries, all Republicans seem to think we should throw our weight around much more than Democrats have and done.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Of course nothing will change. I typically just ignore people that get into Obama vs Romney debates (not you OP, in general public), because i don't understand how anyone can vote for either of these two. Its like talking about whether we should all shoot ourselves in the foot or just pick one of the toes. None of it really matters as long as their is this dominate two-party system (most people don't even consider the other parties, even if they identify more with those candidates), and that it takes so much money to stay in the race.

Nothing positive will happen under Romney that wouldn't have happen anyway under Obama's second term. But when it does, surely whoever is in office will get credit in reference to what their opponent could not do. Likewise, no shit will hit the fan under Obama that wouldn't hit the fan if Romney were president, yet whoever isn't wearing the crown will criticize the president for not doing what they believe their choice of president would have done.

The older i get the more of a big stage this whole thing appears to be. Actors everywhere.

Last edited by Loneshot : 10-31-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

don't take my goddamn obamacare away. I can only take it in the ass so much by my insurance company.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
don't take my goddamn obamacare away. I can only take it in the ass so much by my insurance company.

speaking about health care reforms??
When are American going to take healthcare costs off the back of businesses???
Republican need to realize that socialize healthcare can actually help the private sector.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As a business owner I'll pay fewer taxes. Plus the stock market typically goes up when a Republican is elected president.

Other than that? Maybe another war, but I expect him to stay near the center.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

The problem I have with Mitt Romney is not with Mitt himself. He seems pretty moderate and harmless at his core.

Private money in our politics is the root of our governmental problems.

And I really don't feel comfortable electing a guy who would open up corporate influence over governmental policy even further. I think that's a big mistake.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Being black in public, or BIP as it will be known, will officially be against the law and punishable by up to 10 years imprisionment and a $250,000 fine.

I don't know, the rich will get richer? Think that's a safe bet.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
As a business owner I'll pay fewer taxes. Plus the stock market typically goes up when a Republican is elected president.

Other than that? Maybe another war, but I expect him to stay near the center.

i'm a business owner. If i'm taxed a little more but I can get my healthcare costs down i make a lot more money.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #14
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
speaking about health care reforms??
When are American going to take healthcare costs off the back of businesses???
Republican need to realize that socialize healthcare can actually help the private sector.

Except insurance companies of course. But i agree. Wake up America. Only two other developed countries have systems in place like ours. Turkey and Mexico.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Nm.

Last edited by longhornfan1234 : 10-31-2012 at 01:00 PM.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: