Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #31
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What will actually change if Romney wins the election?

Nothing I care about will change. I'll still be broke regardless of who wins.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My family will probably have less taxes so I guess that's a good thing lol.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

expect this gap to grow bigger
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ damn its crazy. the usa could honestly take over the entire world if it wanted to (just making a point, not advocating this lol). thats one jacked military
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #35
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Plus the stock market typically goes up when a Republican is elected president.

Not true:

It dipped when Reagan took office, then climbed throughout most of his presidency, aside from a crash near the end of his 2nd term. It continued to climb throughout Bush 1 and Clinton, and crashed following 9-11. There was another big crash near the end of Bush 2's term that basically began recovering as soon as Obama got in office:

embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #36
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Not true:

It dipped when Reagan took office, then climbed throughout most of his presidency, aside from a crash near the end of his 2nd term. It continued to climb throughout Bush 1 and Clinton, and crashed following 9-11. There was another big crash near the end of Bush 2's term that basically recovered as soon as Obama got in office:

don't let facts get in the way of propaganda!!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #37
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Min
Obama +7

Wis
Obama +8

NC
Tie

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

Why is Obama surging in the polls this week? God damn

The Hurricane and his response allowed him to play the part, to look/be presidential. Even Republican Governor Chris Christie praised him for his handling of the emergency. CNN released a poll today where nearly 50% of the respondents said Obama's response to the storm made them change their vote for Obama (43% said it didn't affect their vote, only 7% said Romney's response made them change their vote to him). The presiding president will always have the advantage when it comes to disaster response for obvious reasons. Kind of makes me sick that the media is politicizing something that caused casualties and billions of dollars in damage.

https://apps.facebook.com/cnnimvotin...x/42?hpt=hp_t2

To answer the OP's question- hard to say. Mitt swings on the pendulum from liberal to neo conservative (at least publicly) so many times it's hard to keep track of where he stands on certain issues. Plus throw in the fact he refuses to give any details or specifics of any of his plans, no one really knows what a Romney presidency would look like. All we know for sure is he wants to immediately add $7 trillion dollars to the deficit with tax breaks and military spending with no outline of how to cover the cost.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #38
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Very little will change, Obama is not the far-left liberal fox news portrays him as and he isnt even the strong leftist he campaigns as.

Romney isnt a crazy, stupid right winger like santorum or bachman. He was a good governor who passed essentially the same health care bill that Obamacare is. I have never bought Romney as a rightwing social conservative. He tries to act like one because he needed to in order to secure the nomination. As evidence of this Anne Romney donated money to abortion provider planned parenthood in 1994.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story...1#.UJHDtsWuk6w

Judge a man by his actions and not his words. Both of these men have histories in executive government. Both are moderates that believe in low corporate taxes, strong national defence, interventionist foreign policy, and believe in drilling for oil/natural gas and extracting "clean" coal. The both fight over which of them supports the coal industry more.

I think any difference will be in terms of degree rather than distinction. Its not if we cut entitlements, its how much we cut entitlements.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Does anyone see him actually touching social issues such as abortion and gay marriage?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but why the F*ck are these two issues even brought up?

Those two issues are dealt with differently from state to state... So I don't see why the President's stance even matters.

Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #40
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but why the F*ck are these two issues even brought up?

Those two issues are dealt with differently from state to state... So I don't see why the President's stance even matters.

I think people are anxious he's gonna appoint a few judges and conceivably have Roe vs Wade overturned which adjudicate abortion across the whole country.

I think if romney gets elected we should have a better business environment in the short run since the fiscal cliff issue would be resolved smoothly by the republican congress. Further out.. can't know for sure, don't really know what Mitt Romney truly wants to do
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

expect this gap to grow bigger

Ever notice the Corporate Media and even both candidates never EVER talk about this at all? Just crazy....look at that ridiculous chart. And if you ask most Americans, they'd probably want MORE spent on military.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #42
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the navy will get more ships for one. i'd say the entire defense budget would increase so america can buy more useless shit it doesn't need and then enter wars to justify their spending. and round and round they (or we.. because we tend to get sucked into americas wars) go.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #43
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing is going to change.

Its not going to get better. Its not going to get worse. Its going to be the same country it was yesterday.

All this Presidential election stuff is for show. That's it. Its a beauty pageant; a popularity contest and a tool for continuing to keep Americans divided and glued to their 24-hour news cable news and extremist blogs.

The power in this country lies in the Congress and the myriad special interests that have their hooks dug in.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #44
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
I think people are anxious he's gonna appoint a few judges and conceivably have Roe vs Wade overturned which adjudicate abortion across the whole country.

That's not gonna happen. Romney would never get multiple staunch pro-life judges past the Senate. If a liberal judge's spot opens up...the Senate will only confirm another liberal judge. That's the way it works if the President wants his economic and diplomatic agenda to be listened to by the Congress. Furthermore, he'd destroy his chances at re-election by alienating tons of independent voters in swing states. Then you'd need a case to make its way up through the court system that makes the current law unconstitutional. Then you need to get five Justices to vote on it...not something that's completely a given (John Roberts, a Bush appointee, upheld the legality of Obamacare...just as a for instance). Roe v. Wade isn't going anywhere.

Romney basically talks about overturning Roe v. Wade because it carries weight with the religious right in this country and he needs their votes next week. Plus he actually believes that shit.

I only reply because I keep seeing abortion and Roe v. Wade coming up on campaign commercials (I'm looking at you, Elizabeth Warren, you ****) and its completely stupid. Again, just both parties using an issue to drive home how bad the other side is for ignorant voters.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #45
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Nothing.

Absolutely nothing is going to change.

Its not going to get better. Its not going to get worse. Its going to be the same country it was yesterday.

All this Presidential election stuff is for show. That's it. Its a beauty pageant; a popularity contest and a tool for continuing to keep Americans divided and glued to their 24-hour news cable news and extremist blogs.

The power in this country lies in the Congress and the myriad special interests that have their hooks dug in.

Yes, because if we had 8 years of Al Gore vs. 8 years of George Bush, things would have been exactly the same, right?

It's good to be skeptical, but c'mon.....there are still big differences.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: