Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #151
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Reality is that if you leave Joe Johnson wide open he can make these shots, like how he did in the last two games before playing the Knicks(8-12, and then 10-19). If you double-team him you leave guys like Brook Lopez with much more chance for easy basket. For opposing teams this definitely is a dilemma.

He hasn't though, with the exception of those few games. He's shooting below 40%, and he's getting much better looks than he did back in ATL, a lot of them being open shots, so he really has no excuse for this kind of inconsistency. The way he's playing right now the opposing teams are doing us a favor by double teaming him. Some of us are wondering how we're winning when our starting backcourt is shooting so bad. This is one of the reason.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #152
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
He hasn't though, with the exception of those few games. He's shooting below 40%, and he's getting much better looks than he did back in ATL, a lot of them being open shots, so he really has no excuse for this kind of inconsistency. The way he's playing right now the opposing teams are doing us a favor by double teaming him. Some of us are wondering how we're winning when our starting backcourt is shooting so bad. This is one of the reason.

Well minus this game he did played well for the last two, so Id give him another 10-15 games to judge how good he can be as a Net. Anyway even if Joe Johnson's sole contribution is to draw double-team can we hope to benefit from that trade.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #153
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here's kind of a random question for MT or anyone else who's been to barclay's-- did you also feel the extreme noise? (see below)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave D'Alessandro
Sure, they still blast air guns in your face at the first timeout, and subject you to an absurd auditory assault from the second you walk through the door until the moment you depart — usually with ears ringing — and somebody in charge really, really ought to fix that.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2012/11/nets_2.html
almost everything else dave and other writers say is overwhelmingly positive, of course.

i think the only other 'negative' thing i've read about barclays is that the rusty exterior is not to some peoples' taste. but as an old quake III arena player, i'm pretty sure i would like it. :P
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #154
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
here's kind of a random question for MT or anyone else who's been to barclay's-- did you also feel the extreme noise? (see below)

almost everything else dave and other writers say is overwhelmingly positive, of course.

i think the only other 'negative' thing i've read about barclays is that the rusty exterior is not to some peoples' taste. but as an old quake III arena player, i'm pretty sure i would like it. :P
Odd. It was fine with me when I was there. The only thing that might annoy you from time to time is the speaker bugging out making a really loud ringing noise. But its usually an accident and most arenas sometimes have it too.

And Quake III was the shit. I remember my old tutor would let me play it on his computer when I was on break.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #155
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

interesting. and dave can be a grumpy guy sometimes, so maybe his overall tolerance for noise is kind of low.

just out of curiosity, did your tutor have the cratequake mod installed? that was one of my favorites. instead of each player looking like a hero, each player was disguised as a shipping crate in a warehouse full of other shipping crates, randomly placed. trying to figure out which was which was pretty hilarious...

Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #156
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

It just feels so good to see that the Nets are back.

We could of been been 8-0 at home, but whatever, gotta let that T-Wolves game behind us, which they have.

Now that we know we have a great home court, we have to win on the road, that is what great teams do.

I dont get why some knick fans were getting mad, because people kept mentioning Nets had more fans, idk maybe because you guys have heckled us all the time, over running our older buildings saying that the Knicks will play a home game at the Barclays. The fact that we had majority Nets fans in our arena is impressive and you shouldn't take anything away from that. Props to the fans our real 6th man
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #157
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
interesting. and dave can be a grumpy guy sometimes, so maybe his overall tolerance for noise is kind of low.

just out of curiosity, did your tutor have the cratequake mod installed? that was one of my favorites. instead of each player looking like a hero, each player was disguised as a shipping crate in a warehouse full of other shipping crates, randomly placed. trying to figure out which was which was pretty hilarious...

That's crazy . Its like a bunch of Snakes from Metal Gear Solid. I remember playing mods in Counter Strike like Zombies or the map that makes you seem like a mouse but never something that crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILGC...=related&t=47s
Old 11-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #158
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
It just feels so good to see that the Nets are back.

We could of been been 8-0 at home, but whatever, gotta let that T-Wolves game behind us, which they have.

Now that we know we have a great home court, we have to win on the road, that is what great teams do.

I dont get why some knick fans were getting mad, because people kept mentioning Nets had more fans, idk maybe because you guys have heckled us all the time, over running our older buildings saying that the Knicks will play a home game at the Barclays. The fact that we had majority Nets fans in our arena is impressive and you shouldn't take anything away from that. Props to the fans our real 6th man
Great post. I hate the excuse "we weren't 100%/if Kidd played we would have won" that I have heard since the Knicks lost. I hope Knicks fans get comfortable losing to us because we aren't the team that has been the leagues door mat for the last 3-4 years anymore.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #159
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Great post. I hate the excuse "we weren't 100%/if Kidd played we would have won" that I have heard since the Knicks lost. I hope Knicks fans get comfortable losing to us because we aren't the team that has been the leagues door mat for the last 3-4 years anymore.
Amen!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #160
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Yea, those mouse maps are fantastic. I played a lot of them in Q3A and pretty much preferred them over the other maps. Hmm... Counter Strike looks like it was built with the Q3A engine.

Umm, err... Go Nets! What ^ he said! ^
Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #161
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

My opinion still stands, I say we will win the next two road games against Celtics and then the Magic.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #162
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

So we beat the C's so bad Rondo gets in a hissy fit and starts to push Hump. I love it. We keep beating playoff teams and we'll have that bulls eye on our back. I'm glad no one backed down and everyone had each others back.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #163
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Good win for us, this road win is probably even more impressive than the two home victories against Clippers and Knicks seeing how we dominated from the beginning to the end. Rondo's madness was more of a consequence of frustration at Celtics down this big rather than just an impulse to 'avenge' KG. Its kinda bad though, both Rondo and Deron are very good PGs. Was sorta expecting a great matchup, but it ended up with one being ejected and the other shooting 25% from the field.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #164
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

good win. glad we didnt let up when rondo, crash, and hump were ejected. we maintained our lead as well as our win streak. nets should focus tightly on orlando. don't let their record or previous games against us dictate how the game will go. The Magic are better with Jameer on the floor and this could be a loss if we come out playing slow and crappy.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #165
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
good win. glad we didnt let up when rondo, crash, and hump were ejected. we maintained our lead as well as our win streak. nets should focus tightly on orlando. don't let their record or previous games against us dictate how the game will go. The Magic are better with Jameer on the floor and this could be a loss if we come out playing slow and crappy.

I dont think we should have trouble beating the Magic team by 10-15pts. Jameer Nelson is among the worst playmakers as a PG, even if he can score its not too big of a threat unless he goes something like 14-15.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread