Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #256
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
wowwwwwwww:
http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandro...ce=twitterfeed

FYI, also pasted the text into It's A VC3!!!'s thread on the main page:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3&postcount=43

A few Nets fans have been saying that I'm being to harsh on Deron because it's "early" in the season, and of his "injuries". First off all, it's not early in the season, by next month we would half already played half of the season. And the thing that really bugs me about D-Will is his excuses. When he blamed Avery for his offensive, defensive, and turnover struggles, I became infuriated with him and lost most of my faith in him. You don't blame the coach for letting every opposing point guard go off on you. You don't blame the coach for averaging 3+ turnovers a game and you certainly in hell don't blame the coach for missing wide open shot after shot, after shot.

And as for the injury; if D-Will is performing like this then I have no idea why he doesn't get surgery to repair everything instead of just sitting here blaming the coaches, and his confidence. I really feel bad for Avery being used as the scapegoat here but this article you linked shows that media and others around the league aren't buying D-Will's "system" excuse. Nor should any of us.

The Nets are about to find themselves out of playoff seeding. This was a team harping about getting a 2nd or 3rd seed at best, and a HCA seed at worst. Things can turn around although ever since Brook went down ( damn you softpez) we haven't been the same and it's saddening.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #257
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Where were they saying that? Anyway, I agree that it's time to start drawing a few conclusions at the 1/3 point of the season. And I pretty much agree with everything you say.

This team seems to badly need a leader. Prokhy has done all he can and can't be that guy. King as the GM can do a little bit, but that's all. The rest has to come from the vets and the coaches, but where are they?

Then I look across town and see Woodson, Chandler and Kidd.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #258
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"We heard you blame your troubles on coach Avery Johnson, and pine for the days when that wise old crank in Utah ran stuff that was better suited to your individual skills.

Trust us: The national response was raucous laughter, because you were the guy responsible for getting Jerry Sloan to decide after 27 years that hed rather live with his 30 tractors in McLeansboro, Ill., than put up with your insubordination"

I too laughed at the fact that Deron blamed Avery for his struggles. Nobody is buying it and I feel bad for Prokhorov and Joe. They expressed the utmost confidence in this team and they must be sitting back with a blank face wondering why they have went 2-8 in their last 10.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #259
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That article, as harsh as it sounds (and true for the most part), was probably necessary at some point. I was one of those who bought the injury issue knowing the fact that he will need the bone spur surgery eventually so I assumed it was considerably serious that it was a constant lingering pain on the court, which evidently affected his play. But now what bothers me even more is his stubborn nature. Besides the beef with Sloan, his frustration was clearly visible on the court which made me question his maturity and leadership level. He's like a spoiled child, and being from a small market Utah I don't think the media criticized him enough in order for him to be disciplined. He will get that soon here in Brooklyn. $100 million in New York don't come cheap.

I still think Avery needs to go because Deron is one guy they can't replace and coaches are easier to replace anyway. It really doesn't matter who is to blame the fact remains Avery wasn't very good from the beginning.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #260
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
I still think Avery needs to go because Deron is one guy they can't replace and coaches are easier to replace anyway. It really doesn't matter who is to blame the fact remains Avery wasn't very good from the beginning.

Avery really isn't a bad coach but if it's him or Deron management will keep Deron. The problem about Avery is that he was hired two years ago. And previous to this season, losing traditions and principles have been established under Avery during our abysmal last two years. Now that we want to win, it's hard to change the principles he established the last two years. If we got him fresh this year, he would automatically bring a winning tradition and have everyone sold. These Brooklyn Nets show a lot of glimpses of the New Jersey Nets. And a huge reason is because we hired Avery during that tenure and kept him. I think our coaching staff except for Avery is garbage in all honesty.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #261
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

This sorta reminds me of how Carmelo Anthony was shooting 39% from the field last season, until Mike D'Antoni was fired in Knicks. Not saying Deron is doing the same thing, but at least it does give rises to the idea that he may be way better off with a different coach.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #262
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
This sorta reminds me of how Carmelo Anthony was shooting 39% from the field last season, until Mike D'Antoni was fired in Knicks. Not saying Deron is doing the same thing, but at least it does give rises to the idea that he may be way better off with a different coach.

I really would like to believe that but a new coach isn't going to stop D-Will from getting hammered by opposing guards and a new coach certainly isn't going to help D-Will make wide open jump shots. Jason kidd agreed too. He said "I don't think it's the coach or anything like that, it's just a matter of hitting your shots" when asked if Deron's struggles are coaching based. Joe has been doing very well lately. This offense is getting him good looks and he looks comfortable. However, he does need to play better against championship teams. Brook hasn't been the same since the injury nor have the Nets in general. If Avery goes get fired, Stan is the way to go. He is a coach that doesn't bs and gets straight to the point. He can probably also help Brook be more aggressive and less petite.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #263
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

No one talking about today's game? We beat the 76ers at home, a huge win for us considering how bad we've been lately.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #264
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nets
No one talking about today's game? We beat the 76ers at home, a huge win for us considering how bad we've been lately.
Ending was ugly. I still don't feel comfortable we still gotta get back on track.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #265
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Ending was ugly. I still don't feel comfortable we still gotta get back on track.

The ending has been pretty much the same story for us every night, the only difference is when we will be able to hold on and when we let the game completely go out of hand. Hopefully they find a way, although I aint optimistic till Avery Johnson is fired.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #266
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nets
give me a couple days. getting a win hasn't quite sunk in yet.

probably need to give me a couple weeks, actually.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:58 AM   #267
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
give me a couple days. getting a win hasn't quite sunk in yet.

probably need to give me a couple weeks, actually.

Well a win is a win though, I hope they go on a winning streak.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #268
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS.
A Nets W would be a good present today.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #269
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Its time... For Avery I-DONT-KNOW-HOW-TO-COACH Johnson to go...
Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #270
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Everyone except Gerald should be ashamed of themselves.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread