Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #361
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Glad the Nets won though, and in fact the Nets had the four games regular season series in control for 3 out of the 4. The Knicks managed to steal one in Brooklyn, and thats even without Brook Lopez.
we should have had that game.there are two games I still haven't gotten over with. the loss against the wolves at home after we were up by 22 and that Knicks game. all tied up, Knicks miss but Chandler taps it back and Kidd nails a three while being fouled. if we rebounded Jr Smith's miss and not allowed Chandler to tap it back,we would have probably scored with 20 seconds left and won the game. since this series will always be talked about I would have loved to rightfully go 3-1.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #362
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
we should have had that game.there are two games I still haven't gotten over with. the loss against the wolves at home after we were up by 22 and that Knicks game. all tied up, Knicks miss but Chandler taps it back and Kidd nails a three while being fouled. if we rebounded Jr Smith's miss and not allowed Chandler to tap it back,we would have probably scored with 20 seconds left and won the game. since this series will always be talked about I would have loved to rightfully go 3-1.

Definitely. Knicks fans may complain about the lack of Felton in this one, but seriously Nets without a healthy Brook Lopez were much much more disastrous than Knicks without Felton. The Knicks won those two games, one without Lopez, the other was with Lopez barely returning from injury. So long as Lopez is healthy, we can knock out the Knicks in a playoffs series without a question. Its either 4-1(if nets has HCA) or 4-2(if knicks has HCA).

Anyway, good win tonight by the Nets. Not a beautiful victory but Id take it, considering how we are going on a road trip. Id say we rest starters against the Grizzlies and come out in full strength to take down the Rockets. We should definitely blow out the Magic, and then we prepare for the battle against Heat. We always struggle against the Heat 'cause DWade explode playing Nets all the time. No idea why this happens, but its been the story since Kidd's era and nothing has changed.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #363
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

I shouldn't be saying this..but I feel we've been getting a lot of calls that were questionable during this stretch except against the Knicks. Few bailed out calls that could have cost us the game IMO..
Old 01-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #364
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Looks like no nets player made it to All star games, hopefully the players find motivation from this and play hard. In terms of pure skills, we have at least four all-star caliber players.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #365
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

This season has truly exposed the Nets. I expected to watch the Nets compete in every game and watch at least 75 enjoyable games. I didn't not expect that I would watch five teams own a 25 point lead against the Nets in just half the season gone. when I turn my tv on, I want fun and competitive basketball. this is the 10th time that the Nets have lost by double digits and they lost two games by nine points. so 12 losses for the Nets were not competitive at all and easy wins by the other team.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #366
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

11 of 17 losses by 9 points or more. 9 of them by double figures or more. I expect to watch closer more entertaining games.

So only 6 of our 17 losses were actually close games. I'm a very sad fan. This is another repeat 01 and 02. except this nets team is being paid $330 million and will not reach the finals.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 AM   #367
gigantes
A piece of fluff

right around game time i got sucked in to a long phone conversation with a local friend.

the minutes kept ticking by and part of me kept saying "dude, the game is starting! the big game is starting!! PUT DOWN THE PHONE, ASSHOLE!"

and another side of me kept answering "son, you don't need to be watching this... you just don't need to be watching this, son."

anybody else feel that? it reminded me of when we had the big three (kidd, carter, RJ) and the media was making way too much of it for awhile. the press would start bugging other teams and other star players with "how do you feel about going up against the big three?" and they would generally be respectful, except for the time they asked shaq in miami.

somebody might know where this clip is specifically, but when the nets writer or a certain national writer asked shaq how he felt about facing the 'big three,' he held up his hands and pretended to shake them in terror and said "oooh.... the big three... i feel very nervous....!"

i'm still angry about all that and still halfway want shaq to die a horrible death for his merciless mockery, but... ehh... you get the point.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #368
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

2 consecutive losses, first time under coach PJ Carlesimo, who clearly has been exposed lately. Hopefully we pound the Magic next game, if we lose three straight the season is over.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #369
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

There is no hope for this mediocre season anyways. 10-18 against teams better than .500 is all that I need to say. 10 of our 18 losses has been by double digits. Anyways, I am taking a long ( possibly permanent) break from watching or reserving my passion and time into the Nets. I've been a passionate fan for exactly a decade and have watched too much mediocrity. Tonight was enough. After watching the Grizzlies pounce the Nets by 24, it's downright egregious for the Nets to lose by 13 the next night. That shows a lack of dignity and interest in their fans. The finals run was terrific but awful at the same time because it brought my emotions so high only to have no chance against the Lakers or the Spurs. I was a new Net fan then and after that the Nets went on to become a second round exit team to 12-70 to now only beating sub .500 teams.

When you stop playing hard and get blown out for the 10th time in 40 games,I disband my interest. Great Nets fans on this board and I'll possibly check back a couple of Times a month or until the Nets show that they care about they're fans. **** you Nets
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #370
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
There is no hope for this mediocre season anyways. 10-18 against teams better than .500 is all that I need to say. 10 of our 18 losses has been by double digits. Anyways, I am taking a long ( possibly permanent) break from watching or reserving my passion and time into the Nets. I've been a passionate fan for exactly a decade and have watched too much mediocrity. Tonight was enough. After watching the Grizzlies pounce the Nets by 24, it's downright egregious for the Nets to lose by 13 the next night. That shows a lack of dignity and interest in their fans. The finals run was terrific but awful at the same time because it brought my emotions so high only to have no chance against the Lakers or the Spurs. I was a new Net fan then and after that the Nets went on to become a second round exit team to 12-70 to now only beating sub .500 teams.

When you stop playing hard and get blown out for the 10th time in 40 games,I disband my interest. Great Nets fans on this board and I'll possibly check back a couple of Times a month or until the Nets show that they care about they're fans. **** you Nets

The Nets had a good chance against the Spurs that year, we took them to 6 games and led game 6 by 10 entering the 4th quarter before the Spurs made a huge run and pull away.

But yeah, the Nets have indeed been losing quite a bit of games by 10-20pts or more since 2008, some games are really painful to watch.

On a bright note, despite our 7-16 record against above 0.500 teams, two of these wins came from the Knicks, and it could have been three easily.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #371
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
The Nets had a good chance against the Spurs that year, we took them to 6 games and led game 6 by 10 entering the 4th quarter before the Spurs made a huge run and pull away.

But yeah, the Nets have indeed been losing quite a bit of games by 10-20pts or more since 2008, some games are really painful to watch.

On a bright note, despite our 7-16 record against above 0.500 teams, two of these wins came from the Knicks, and it could have been three easily.
This is the most stacked Nets team in its franchises history. If $330 million gives you a 10-18 record against over .500 teams that means fans can't even watch games when the Nets play good teams.

This is not about losing. it's about getting blown out too many times. 10 Times in 44 games to be exact.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #372
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
This is the most stacked Nets team in its franchises history. If $330 million gives you a 10-18 record against over .500 teams that means fans can't even watch games when the Nets play good teams.

This is not about losing. it's about getting blown out too many times. 10 Times in 44 games to be exact.

This is the best the Nets have been in a while. Are you expecting them to win a title in their first year or something? You're upset we lost to another over .500 team I understand that but there is no need to stop being a fan. In the end of the day were still 4th seed in the East and are going to be a playoff team. No one said we're going to contend in the first year. But its your choice. We've stuck through the Summer of 2010 where we got no superstars, instead we got Travis ****in' Outlaw and Johan Petro. We've stuck through countless episodes of Dwightmare and Melo-Drama that I've even lost count. We've stuck through the 12-70 season with the worst start in NBA history. I thought that Nets fans would be tougher then this but I guess I'm wrong. See you when we start winning again.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #373
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
I thought that Nets fans would be tougher then this but I guess I'm wrong. See you when we start winning again.
Like I said, it's not about losing. Its the way the Nets are losing. Out of our 18 losses, 10 have been be double digits. All of those losses to over .500 teams. That shows a lack of competitiveness. That is something that I will never watch. If you compete and lose, I'll be dismayed at the loss but I'll get over it. If you don't even show up and get blown out , which has happened 10 times already before all star break. And there's nothing anybody can do about the Nets lack of fire. Brook Lopez is not a competitive person. He never gets mad, I doubt he seriously cares about the amount of championships he wins, or even if he would like to win one. Joe Johnson is not a competitive guy. He is way to passive. Deron is slightly competitive but I wish he had the fire that Chris Paul has. Because if you were competitive, when the other team makes a run, you wouldn't CONSISTENTLY allow that run to balloon to 20 points like the Nets have done.

Do you know how frustrating it is to watch the Nets suffer a blowout loss every single time they lose. It's inexplicable. The Nets talk about getting 52 wins, winning their division and not losing two in a row and yet 60% of their losses have ranged from 10 points to 29 points. I'm sorry but I will not deal with professional athletes not showing up to play every single time they play a good team. 10-18 against over .500 teams.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #374
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Fans get a little taste of success and become entitled. The Nets are a work in progress. They have a winning record and have a shot at winning their division in the first year of the Mega-Roster, all this while being handicapped for the 1st quarter of the season by a rigid coach who couldn't make adjustments. The team starts the calendar year with a crazy winning streak and you still complain.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #375
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Oh come on guys, we aint Knicks fans, nets fans do not fight.

But on a serious note, I'd say VC is being way too extreme right now. He has a point though, the Nets really quit games way too soon. In the very end its still a loss, no matter whether its an 1pt loss or a 30pts loss.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread