Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #421
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
KLN, it's cool that you vent in here and all, but i do kind of wish that you wouldn't be so shitty towards other teams in the NBA forums. mainly because it tends to reinforce nets fans as less than tolerant.

anyway, whatever. just an observation. i've seen you start plenty of real good topics at the same time, so whatever.

Not really, I dont normally attack opposing teams. There are a few exceptions, and they cant be helped. The Knicks are one example, but what else do you expect from a Nets fan to say about the Knicks? I mean, its the Knicks. XD

For the Lakers, I hate how their fans talk shit about us when they landed Howard in summer and we did not. They acted like the sky is falling for the Nets and the Lakers are cruising to champs, but now we see what a scrub team they are.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #422
gigantes
A piece of fluff

okay, but here's my point: the reality lies somewhere in between for the lakers, as it does for most teams in the league, i think.

still, to be quite honest... speaking strictly from the heart... no holds barred... why do you have to put other teams down so viciously in public? i'm still not sure you realise how much that kind of thing comes back to us all.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #423
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
okay, but here's my point: the reality lies somewhere in between for the lakers, as it does for most teams in the league, i think.

still, to be quite honest... speaking strictly from the heart... no holds barred... why do you have to put other teams down so viciously in public? i'm still not sure you realise how much that kind of thing comes back to us all.

'cause I hate how they diss the Nets? Its especially hilarious when Knicks fans try to educate other fans on how they had two titles, back in the 70s ABA >= NBA lol.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #424
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #425
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Every Nets loss has been because of a horrendous quarter. The Nets selectively only play three quarters every game. 30-11 deficit in second quarter is the low of all lows. Here's my prediction for month of February. Nets go 2-6 in next 8. Mikhail Prokhorov fires PJ and publicly calls out Nets struggles. Saying this is not what he's paying hundreds of millions for. And nets fans are embarrassed yet again.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #426
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Every Nets loss has been because of a horrendous quarter. The Nets selectively only play three quarters every game. 30-11 deficit in second quarter is the low of all lows. Here's my prediction for month of February. Nets go 2-6 in next 8. Mikhail Prokhorov fires PJ and publicly calls out Nets struggles. Saying this is not what he's paying hundreds of millions for. And nets fans are embarrassed yet again.

Well I am not sure of this, the Nets aint really built to win this year. May as well run a few experiments to see what this team needs. Anyway, an above .500 season after having five 20-30 wins seasons since Kidd left, I am fine with it. Not every team can do what the Celtics did in 08, I mean, going from a 24 wins team to 66 wins and NBA champ.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #427
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Well I am not sure of this, the Nets aint really built to win this year. May as well run a few experiments to see what this team needs. Anyway, an above .500 season after having five 20-30 wins seasons since Kidd left, I am fine with it. Not every team can do what the Celtics did in 08, I mean, going from a 24 wins team to 66 wins and NBA champ.
Co-sign x 100
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #428
gigantes
A piece of fluff

guys, i have to side with VC3 on this one. i don't know why you think the nets aren't built to win this year. fact is, king and prokhy sacrificed A LOT to build an instant contender, or what they thought would be an instant contender. draft picks, almost all cap flexibility, etc.

i'm not saying i don't understand WHY they did that, and i'm not saying i'm throwing the towel in this season, but i can definitely understand the frustration that VC3 and a lot of other nets fans have. i.e., the nets were built to make a deep run right away IMO. not much point in paying all that money and giving away the picks to be otherwise.....

i dunno... maybe i'm nit-picking here?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #429
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Quote:
guys, i have to side with VC3 on this one. i don't know why you think the nets aren't built to win this year. fact is, king and prokhy sacrificed A LOT to build an instant contender, or what they thought would be an instant contender. draft picks, almost all cap flexibility, etc.

i'm not saying i don't understand WHY they did that, and i'm not saying i'm throwing the towel in this season, but i can definitely understand the frustration that VC3 and a lot of other nets fans have. i.e., the nets were built to make a deep run right away IMO. not much point in paying all that money and giving away the picks to be otherwise.....

i dunno... maybe i'm nit-picking here?
I think its more of wanting to have a good season in the first year in Brooklyn. Hence the panicked trades of Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson. Proky and BK's biggest fear was to open up the billion dollar arena with a roster of nobodies. That would have led to no fan base and no sales of tickets or merchandise. Can you imagine what it would have been like if BK didn't trade for Wallace? Deron would most likely be in Dallas, Joe would not have come without Deron asking him and we would probably be stuck with last years roster with no star. As proud as people in Brooklyn are, nobody would have wanted to watch that. I know Nets fans have been waiting for this year forever, this season is probably the most hype we've got in Nets history, but our situation could have been a LOT worse.

This team has obvious flaws and I expect some big changes this summer.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #430
gigantes
A piece of fluff

yes, all very true.

but i do think that somewhere in there... whether it's individual fans or a small part of many of us... that we might have confused "all in for making a splash" with "all in for the trophy."

we got them a bit mixed up and have been paying a lil' ol' price for that across the season. or maybe it was all just me. :P
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #431
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

The Nets problem ( talked about this a lot with Mike Mazzeo on Twitter too) is when they lose a game they usually lose it in JUST one quarter. They Nets have only played three quarters for 90% of the season. In their last four second quarters the Nets have been out scored by more than 50 points combined. At the start of the season we all remember our HORRENDOUS third quarter woes. Now, the Nets are playing abominable second quarters. And losing a quarter for most teams is 1-10 points. The Nets have lost quarters by 20+ points more then I can remember. And it happens EVERY game.
We have a more talented roster than 25 teams in the NBA yet are playing nothing like it because of mental issues. Starting next season, the CBA restricts teams.over the cap limit from making a trade. The Nets need to acquire Josh Smith and start being more.competitive.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #432
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
The Nets problem ( talked about this a lot with Mike Mazzeo on Twitter too) is when they lose a game they usually lose it in JUST one quarter. They Nets have only played three quarters for 90% of the season. In their last four second quarters the Nets have been out scored by more than 50 points combined. At the start of the season we all remember our HORRENDOUS third quarter woes. Now, the Nets are playing abominable second quarters. And losing a quarter for most teams is 1-10 points. The Nets have lost quarters by 20+ points more then I can remember. And it happens EVERY game.
We have a more talented roster than 25 teams in the NBA yet are playing nothing like it because of mental issues. Starting next season, the CBA restricts teams.over the cap limit from making a trade. The Nets need to acquire Josh Smith and start being more.competitive.

To summarize, the Nets do not have a consistent scoring option to stop the bleeding when no one else is hitting shots. We need Deron to return to his old self from 07-10 in order to make this happen.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #433
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
yes, all very true.

but i do think that somewhere in there... whether it's individual fans or a small part of many of us... that we might have confused "all in for making a splash" with "all in for the trophy."

we got them a bit mixed up and have been paying a lil' ol' price for that across the season. or maybe it was all just me. :P

The Nets behaved in the offseason like they had a deadline, that the goal was to build the best team possible before the season started, and after that point moves would not be alllowed. Don't negotiate with people either, the tiny chance they might leave - can't risk it. Give Hump huge money. Give Lopez max years. Give Wallace 4 years. Even though their options sucked balls and they'd have to leave Brooklyn for less money. Lopez on 3 years or less money, Wallace on a shorter deal would be trade chips with value. At their huge deals, they aren't. The Nets killed their flexibility to insure that they were top four ish (East) this year and for a few subsequent years. Starting from a point where they had huge flexibility.

Now trying to get Josh Smith, Millsap etc. requires everything to break just right for them.

The Nets are a good team. But they are not a title contending team, and they lack the assets to make that jump. They have assets destined for lots of lateral moves, and that (aside from Brook/Hump) will decline in value each year.

My 2 cents. And don't kill the messenger, i told you way way before he was gone the Avery / Deron dynamic was terrible and wasn't going to improve. I am (very very very) occassionally correct.

Last edited by niko : 02-10-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #434
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
...My 2 cents. And don't kill the messenger, i told you way way before he was gone the Avery / Deron dynamic was terrible and wasn't going to improve. I am (very very very) occassionally correct.
why would i attempt homicide against someone who echoed what i was saying a million years ago?

brooklyn needs more knicks fans like you. fact.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #435
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Just looked at the schedule and we may as well be 7-8th seed by the end of February, its brutal to think.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread