Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #106
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets 2012-2013 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
NOTE TO SELF: new strategy... if i'm not able to actually watch the game then go to the local korean - japanese restaurant, gorge myself on raw fish, wash it down with plenty of warm sake, then come back to see a "W" in the desired column.

yea... that could work.

lol seems that you had a great day. Anyway I hope the Nets smash the Lakers next, can be difficult since we play them in LA.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #107
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
NOTE TO SELF: new strategy... if i'm not able to actually watch the game then go to the local korean - japanese restaurant, gorge myself on raw fish, wash it down with plenty of warm sake, then come back to see a "W" in the desired column.

yea... that could work.

lol

Raw fish is more of an appetizer. Did you have anything else?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #108
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

Looks like we rank low in power rankings, not bothering me though. Haters are gonna hate.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #109
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nets
Looks like we rank low in power rankings, not bothering me though. Haters are gonna hate.

Nets ranking below the Hawks is like
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #110
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shook my head when I saw the ESPN power rankings. But then again he kinda has a point that we didn't really beat anyone worth talking about besides the Celtics. Guess we'll need to beat the 2 LA teams this week to get some recognition.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #111
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Raw fish is more of an appetizer. Did you have anything else?
a big ginger salad. i'm on kind of an atkins diet, so mainly eat veggies with a little quality protein here and there. none of the fried, battered or rice stuff (including sushi).

looked at the ESPN rankings just now and i can't argue too much. the nets still have a lot to prove and more development to go through. actually i'm hoping the process takes a while because it will roughly mean that the potential is greater and that we'll go further in the playoffs. i'm sure there's also a reluctance to rank the nets too highly just because they're the nets.

thanks for the heads-up in the PM, KLN. interesting...
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #112
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
a big ginger salad. i'm on kind of an atkins diet, so mainly eat veggies with a little quality protein here and there. none of the fried, battered or rice stuff (including sushi).

looked at the ESPN rankings just now and i can't argue too much. the nets still have a lot to prove and more development to go through. actually i'm hoping the process takes a while because it will roughly mean that the potential is greater and that we'll go further in the playoffs. i'm sure there's also a reluctance to rank the nets too highly just because they're the nets.

thanks for the heads-up in the PM, KLN. interesting...
Well NBA.com's ranking at us at 8, at least its better than ESPN's which has a 4-4 Hawks ahead of us. Just lol...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #113
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

I hope we at-least can keep it close tonight against the Lakers. Gonna be tough.

Wow are next games 10 out of 11 games we play opponents with an .500 record or above.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #114
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

We kept it close, had a chance to win but blew it up after leading by 5. Still winless against elite teams(unless you count the Celtics without Rondo), the good thing is that we've only been playing good teams in road so far. Perhaps we can snatch some good wins against playoffs team when it comes down to Brooklyn? The game against Clippers is our first shot, they must be tired after playing San Antonio and then OKC in road.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #115
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm proud of our guys tonight. They battled (lol Avery) hard and if not for some botched calls from the refs I think we would have won. Great game from everyone though. Except Joe. Joe sucked.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #116
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Considering the opponent this is the best game Nets have had thus far. Forget the stinker in Miami and assume we can go up against anyone. Great entertaining game.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #117
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Last 5 minutes were complete crap. MWP hit the dagger 3 that propelled the Lakers comeback. Joe Johnson is useless. Get rid of him for Monta Ellis or another lethal sg. Avery needs to go if he's going to continue playing Stack over MarShon. Mirza needs to play. Our second unit doesn't produce consistent offense. And on top of that, I feel that better coaching should have us at 8-1. But due to crap coaching we are 6-3.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #118
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

- marshon is probably still nursing his injury. no reason to risk making it worse for a few more minutes here and there.

- nobody's going to want JJ's contract at this point.

- phil jackson's available. and prokhy is one of the few owners that could afford to pay him retail. :D

each of the starters makes minimum $10 million a year on long-term contracts. at the end of the season i would love to see king and maybe one more guy from mgmt have a meeting with just those five guys and present them with the facts: that the NBA will only let them spend pocket change filling out the rest of the roster as long as those five guys are tying up so much of the cap. "so how much do you guys want a championship?," etc.

no need to mention that jordan et al famously renegotiated for less in order to free up cap room... and that it worked. i'm sure they all know that. well... pretty sure, anyway.

part of the point of brooklyn, barclays and prokhy is to attract FA's... but you also have to have money to PAY the FA's. just a thought...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #119
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Need to get a win tonight, if we go home 6-4 things could get bad
Old 11-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #120
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Well to think about in a positive way, Avery's end as Nets coach is near.

But seriously, I am a NETS FAN! Why am I even supposed to feel good about a Nets loss? Especially against that lowly Warriors, the worst franchise in this century(yes, even worse than Clippers).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread