Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default question for those of you who do/did suffer depression...re: sleep

did you notice that you would sleep a lot more? and that no matter how much you slept you wanted more?

All I do is sleep and I'm always tired. Last night I went to bed around midnight and got out of bed at 2pm....14 hours sleep and I still had to force myself to get outta bed.

anyone else?
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: question for those of you who do/did suffer depression...re: sleep

Same thing here. I used to sleep all the time.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
cuad
kings fan

cuad has not been impressing people

drink more water
cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Its your brains way of trying to escape reality. Notice no matter how much you sleep you never feel fully rested. Your brain is lying to you. Join a gym. Implement discipline, make your brain your bitch. Dont let it do what it wants.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

exercise and good diet is the single best way to combat this...and it won't happen over night or be easy

and then after that try to get in touch with your spiritual side, if you're an atheist and absolutely can't change that then try to get into meditation.

do what you can to try and be more social...

and if those things fail then look for meds

I have never had serious depression myself but was forced to take classes on it during my time in detox
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

try ecstasy.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Drink lots of alcohol and eat plenty of Fast Food.

If that doesn't make you happy... nothing will
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
code green
Boston Tank Party

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I had the opposite problem when I was depressed, kept having dreama directly related to what was bothering me every night. Sounds like you need a hobby man, you need to get out of that rut. Find yourself a female, conquering new ***** always does wonders for me. If a female is lonked to your depression, go out and get a gym membership. I hated my life when my fiancee and I broke up, I honestly don't know what my quality of life would be like right now if I never signed up for the gym.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yep, depression makes u want to stay in bed all day long. it runs in my dad's side of the family. my dad and sister both have been diagnosed with it and take medication. i just fight it.

i'll have a good day every once and a while where i'm in a really good mood (like last night at work) but most of the time i walk around like theres' a dense fog in my head.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Wouldn't you want to stay awake more?
I dont have depression, but when I'm depressed I can't sleep. I'd rather do things to get things off my mind: playing games, read 9gag, ISH
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Go outside and play basketball.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

sometimes when i sleep longer than 8 hours it makes me more tired when i get up.
Styles p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #13
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

If you're suffering from clinical depression you should go to a doctor. Then once you are better you should stay active to maintain a healthy state of mind so you don't slip back into depression. Clinical depression is not something you can think your way out of, it's a physical condition in your brain.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
sometimes when i sleep longer than 8 hours it makes me more tired when i get up.

Me too.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
try ecstasy.

Ecstasy - it saves lives.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: