Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
usa hoops
Serious playground baller

usa hoops has decent reputation
Default Is D'antoni an idiot?

Only an idiot would insist on keeping a 7 man rotation on 2 back to back games.

Seriously?

The other guys can't give you a 5-10 minute breather?

I know excuses are not allowed, but the Lakers are not built to withstand 2 back to back games on a 7 man rotation.
usa hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
#number6ix#
WE INHERE LIKE ROGAINE

#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Is D'antoni an idiot?

It's hard enough to win back to back games and to try to do it with a 7 man rotation is damn near impossible plus the Lakers have been terrible in back to backs this year... I don't think they won one yet
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops
Only an idiot would insist on keeping a 7 man rotation on 2 back to back games.

Seriously?

The other guys can't give you a 5-10 minute breather?

I know excuses are not allowed, but the Lakers are not built to withstand 2 back to back games on a 7 man rotation.
Agree to an extent. The defense and rebounding effort was there, and the Lakers got quality shots- they just weren't falling. It's basketball.

Also, noticed the suns weren't fouling Dwight. They played him straight up and let him beat himself with his goofy ass post shots.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by #number6ix#
It's hard enough to win back to back games and to try to do it with a 7 man rotation is damn near impossible plus the Lakers have been terrible in back to backs this year... I don't think they won one yet

that too on a ninth game in 14 days in seven cities.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Holy Random
Kids at the park dunk on me

Holy Random has decent reputation

That's what ruined the Suns come playoff time years ago. Horrible coach.
Holy Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Playing only 7 players with Kobe out is just plain dumb...
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by #number6ix#

No they have not. With Kobe, with a full roster without a full roster it hasn't made a difference.

D'Antoni has tried resting them on the first night and they lose that game. They've tried every combination big minutes or rest and nothing has worked. So he tried something different, get the win in the first night with a short rotation and see if the same unit can get the win the next game it didn't work either.

It's not like the Lakers have talent that didn't get off the bench, the guys that sat sat for a reason.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Why, yes he is.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: