Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Default Miami's Ball Movement

Is the best I have ever seen in a long time. This is why they win. Continuous ball movement in every game they play. They keep their opponents chasing them all over the court until they finally find the open man.

Just watching the Boston game now and what they're doing thus far is brilliant. It's almost as if they practice this first during practice. Watch closely and you'll see how they jump in the air and immediately pass the ball. The old rule is that if you're going to jump, you better shoot it, but that doesn't apply to these Miami Heat.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Miami's Ball Movement

I said it last year i say this year again, if the scrubs are making shots, no one is beating the Heat. If i was a coach playing the heat, i would never allow double teams and help defense.

Never ever leave the scrubs open, let Lebron and Wade get theirs, get both more tired and less efficient because of it, and just make everyone else stand still watch them play, make everyone else lose their rhythm.

Everyone complains about ball hogs, how ball hogging destroys ball movement, well, force Lebron and Wade to be ball hogs, duh.

And then in the 4th quarter do the opposite, deny Lebron and Wade and let the out-of-rhythm-scrubs shoot.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
LBJFTW
Duncan > Lebron

If Boston snaps the streak, I hope they have the kid in attendence that said "good job, good effort".

It would be so fitting.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

its a good day to be green.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
LBJFTW
Duncan > Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
its a good day to be green.

Jeff Green that is
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Mrofir
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
I said it last year i say this year again, if the scrubs are making shots, no one is beating the Heat. If i was a coach playing the heat, i would never allow double teams and help defense.

Never ever leave the scrubs open, let Lebron and Wade get theirs, get both more tired and less efficient because of it, and just make everyone else stand still watch them play, make everyone else lose their rhythm.

Everyone complains about ball hogs, how ball hogging destroys ball movement, well, force Lebron and Wade to be ball hogs, duh.

And then in the 4th quarter do the opposite, deny Lebron and Wade and let the out-of-rhythm-scrubs shoot.

good post.

this is an excellent playoff strategy to beat the heat once or twice in a 7 game series.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
raprap
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
good post.

this is an excellent playoff strategy to beat the heat once or twice in a 7 game series.
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
LBJFTW
Duncan > Lebron

Only 38 pts before the start of the 4th for Jeff Green. Easy prediction.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:

That's actually not wrong.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
NBASTATMAN
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

The thing is they are all moving. So you have to help cuz people pick other people off. Nice ball movement.
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
Hoopz2332
College star

when battier and the other shooters hit outside shots, heat look incredible with the passing
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Quote:

If you don't double Lebron in the post there won't be a fourth quarter to save. These guys will run lay up drills on you if you leave Lebron or Wade with just one man to beat.

Even guys like Chakmers or Cole should see a second defender when they get into the lane. That's just smart basketball.

Also what OP was referring to were the cuts and flare screens leading to open dunks by Miami. This isn't as simple as just choosing to double or not on a Lebron iso
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #13
Graviton
☯‿☯

Their best lineup IMO is...

Wade
Allen
Battier
Lebron
Bosh

Wide open lanes, defense, 3pt shooting, quickness.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #14
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

I don't find their ball movement impressive. Too much isolation for me to say that... The Spurs on the other hand? Yes.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #15
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I don't find their ball movement impressive. Too much isolation for me to say that... The Spurs on the other hand? Yes.

There is isolation, but have you noticed how if either one of them drive to the basket and take it to the hole, they immediately find an open teammate if the shot is not there? I've never seen such success with that. It's uncanny how they consistently find an open teammate in the toughest ways possible.

Unless it's dumb luck or just pure talent, I can see a team doing drills like that in practice and having shooters in certain areas to take the open shot.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: