Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #76
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 23,342
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Ray Allen 3 pointer (LeBron James assists) with 18.2 seconds left. 109-108 Win Heat vs Cavs.

Ray Allen takes the lead in GW shots. LeBron James takes the lead in GW assists.

Wasn't the traditional definition of a gamewinning shot, the actual last shot in a game?

Its not strictly a game winning shot. Its just as important, since we don't give up the lead from there, but a free throw was made after.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #77
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die
 
Faptastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LV
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Game winning block Wade?
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #78
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,879
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

EDIT: To late, what Legends said

Last edited by pauk : 11-24-2012 at 11:26 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #79
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,627
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Wasn't the traditional definition of a gamewinning shot, the actual last shot in a game?

Its not strictly a game winning shot. Its just as important, since we don't give up the lead from there, but a free throw was made after.

I've never heard or read that actually being the traditional definition, but I wouldn't disagree with that. I've read that if it's 24 seconds or less, it's game winning, but I also consider shots made before that timeline (and if a team does not tie) as just as much a game winner.

The fact that the Cavs did not tie the game and the Allen made the shot at the 18.2 second mark makes it more than a valid game winner.

The free throw Allen made just adds to the lead itself. It doesn't take away that he also made a game winner and the Cavs didn't tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Game winning block Wade?

I've considered adding defensive plays to the list, but I don't know how many of them have been out there this season so far.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #80
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,879
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
I've considered adding defensive plays to the list, but I don't know how many of them have been out there this season so far.

Yea, that is just to rare...

Plus you can have a gamewinning rebound, steal, forced turnover, shut down defense etc... :P
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #81
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,374
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
I've considered adding defensive plays to the list, but I don't know how many of them have been out there this season so far.

That's be hard to keep track off. Because steals, rebounds and defensive stops happen all the time so you don't know what.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #82
AlonzoGOAT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,271
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
I've never heard or read that actually being the traditional definition, but I wouldn't disagree with that. I've read that if it's 24 seconds or less, it's game winning, but I also consider shots made before that timeline (and if a team does not tie) as just as much a game winner.

The fact that the Cavs did not tie the game and the Allen made the shot at the 18.2 second mark makes it more than a valid game winner.

The free throw Allen made just adds to the lead itself. It doesn't take away that he also made a game winner and the Cavs didn't tie.



I've considered adding defensive plays to the list, but I don't know how many of them have been out there this season so far.
Just remember the clutch block by wade in your heart and tell your grand kids about the greatest shot blocking guard to play the game.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #83
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,627
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Yea, that is just to rare...

Plus you can have a gamewinning rebound, steal, forced turnover, shut down defense etc... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
That's be hard to keep track off. Because steals, rebounds and defensive stops happen all the time so you don't know what.

True.

There's just so many scenarios. I wish it were possible to keep track off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
Just remember the clutch block by wade in your heart and tell your grand kids about the greatest shot blocking guard to play the game.

Will do.

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #84
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,879
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Ekpe Udoh i guess made a gamewinning layup with 57 seconds left since nobody scored afterwards (Doron Lamb assists); 93-92 Bucks Win vs Bulls
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #85
Boston C's
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,796
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

you havent updated rays shot yet on the list
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #86
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,627
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston C's
you havent updated rays shot yet on the list

Yeah, I just added it.

Been slacking.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #87
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,627
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

George Hill now moves into a tie with Ray Allen for Game Winners this season, with 2.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #88
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,879
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Guess what happened again?

Nov 29: Ray Allen makes 24-foot three point jumper (LeBron James assists) with 22.6 seconds left; 105-100 Heat Win vs Spurs

I think it should probably count as a gamewinning shot because Ray made it 101-98 afterall... Spurs scored only 100 pts, thats 101-100.... thats the shot that won the game... those Lebron/Ray/Wade FTs later was just additional pts because of the fouls Spurs were forced to take...

Last edited by pauk : 11-30-2012 at 12:00 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #89
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster
 
RoundMoundOfReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,898
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guess what happened again?

Nov 29: Ray Allen makes 24-foot three point jumper (LeBron James assists) with 22.6 seconds left; 105-100 Heat Win vs Spurs

I think it should probably count as a gamewinning shot because Ray made it 101-98 afterall... Spurs scored only 100 pts, thats 101-100.... thats the shot that won the game... those Lebron/Ray/Wade FTs later was just additional pts because of the fouls Spurs were forced to take...
this
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #90
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,627
Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guess what happened again?

Nov 29: Ray Allen makes 24-foot three point jumper (LeBron James assists) with 22.6 seconds left; 105-100 Heat Win vs Spurs

I think it should probably count as a gamewinning shot because Ray made it 101-98 afterall... Spurs scored only 100 pts, thats 101-100.... thats the shot that won the game... those Lebron/Ray/Wade FTs later was just additional pts because of the fouls Spurs were forced to take...

While I was thinking "Deja vu ?", unfortunately I can't add it as a "game winner".

Reasoning ? The Spurs did end up tying the game at 100-100. However, I think I can add it as a "Take the lead with under 24 seconds rule".

Ray Allen has been dangerous in the big moments and LeBron's looking for him.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy