Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Question There is something wrong with the All-Star ballots

How can a man that barely played 5 or 6 games this year be a starter for the East All-Stars? At center nonetheless? Can someone explain?

Don't tell me it was the fans that chose him cuz I understand that part. I mean is there any justice as to starting someone who has actually PLAYED this season more than 20 games. Super stardom is an S.O.B. and people just vote for names. That's messed up.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: There is something wrong with the All-Star ballots

I agree with you 100%. Shaq wasn't even himself at all last night. He looked winded the whole time he played. Unfortunately the majority of voters don't look at stats. Names are all that matter. If they do this and I doubt this too, they only go by what they hear game commentators say.

It was a joke and I'm not going to get into the "Curry should make it" part.

Steve Nash and Dirk didn't get enough votes to start. BUT THEY GOT THE BEST RECORDS IN THE LEAGUE!!!!! It was a joke. Yao was one of the leading vote-getters and he's injured and has been replaced. I guess all the Asian votes he got from overseas are crying mutiny. That was pathetic. maybe the reserves will represent more of the folks that should be there.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
How can a man that barely played 5 or 6 games this year be a starter for the East All-Stars? At center nonetheless? Can someone explain?

Don't tell me it was the fans that chose him cuz I understand that part. I mean is there any justice as to starting someone who has actually PLAYED this season more than 20 games. Super stardom is an S.O.B. and people just vote for names. That's messed up.

thats the way it is nothing anyone can do about it, its not right but its not changing anytime soon, we all know its a popularity contest, but at the end of the day its just an all star game no use losing sleep over it.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I agree with you 100%. Shaq wasn't even himself at all last night. He looked winded the whole time he played. Unfortunately the majority of voters don't look at stats. Names are all that matter. If they do this and I doubt this too, they only go by what they hear game commentators say.

Steve Nash and Dirk didn't get enough votes to start. BUT THEY GOT THE BEST RECORDS IN THE LEAGUE!!!!! It was a joke. Yao was one of the leading vote-getters and he's injured and has been replaced. I guess all the Asian votes he got from overseas are crying mutiny. That was pathetic. maybe the reserves will represent more of the folks that should be there.

the 2 leading candidate for MVP not starters. wtf is going on?
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
the 2 leading candidate for MVP not starters. wtf is going on?

I didn't know that either. I can't believe the fans.

I remember a few years ago in a post game show that Charles Barkley was talking about the flaws in the ballot system. That they should leave it up to the fans but if something were to happen like with Shaq now that they'd leave it up to reporters and coaches to elect the right candidate from the rest of the vote getters and what ever spot left on the reserves they would fill in by checking out the current stats of the players in the NBA. That was it would be everybody who deserves to be in the All Star game and not the ones that the fans WANT in the All Star game. Something like if the fans mess it up the media/coaches would clean it up. Now, that's a system that I see working for EVERYONE. But that's just me. What do I know?
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
joshk
i clog mad toilets

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

I dont understand. Are you saying its a joke that Curry should be in? I think Curry should be in, hes the best Center in the east.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
jt24
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshk
I dont understand. Are you saying its a joke that Curry should be in? I think Curry should be in, hes the best Center in the east.

no hes not howard and okafur are better then curry, they play both ways
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: