Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Stay calm Lakers fans: After a storm comes a calm...

This team will be cruising in 5-10 more games. You can take that to the bank.

Banned

Default Re: Stay calm Lakers fans: After a storm comes a calm...

What bout hurt Nash? lol
    Told ya this team was way overrated this summer.

The Clippers aren't going to be easy; that could be a loss.

If not, they should beat Detroit at home I would think lol.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

They're playoff seeding is gonna be hurt if they continue to start so slow

College star

80-2 is still within reach! Chin up Lakertards!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    80-2 is still within reach! Chin up Lakertards!
    this clown

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Crazy because they have been playing good. It's not like the Heat. Kobe's been more efficient than usual and Dwight doing his thing.

Just don't look that good defensively

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Crazy because they have been playing good. It's not like the Heat. Kobe's been more efficient than usual and Dwight doing his thing.

Just don't look that good defensively
    Basketball is more than box score stats, though. Kobe has been efficient, but tonight his points were fairly quiet. I turned it off when he had 26 or so but, for the most part, it was a pretty quiet 26. Last night, if I hadn't looked at the boxscore, I would've assumed the Mavs frontcourt of Brand, Wright, and Curry badly outplayed Howard and Gasol. I still maintain they outplayed them, but the numbers don't really reflect that.

And I'm not saying Kobe sucked tonight, either. His "quiet" 30 points was mostly due to him playing off the ball and going stretches of thee game where he didn't shoot or barely touched the ball, and you almost forgot he was on the floor. There's just not a lot of chemistry between he and Dwight right now.

Their biggest problem tonight was poor defense. Their rotations were terrible, and it led to a number of wide-open threes and wide-open shots in and around the lane. They tightened up late in the game, but it was too late.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And I'm not saying Kobe sucked tonight, either. His "quiet" 30 points was mostly due to him playing off the ball and going stretches of thee game where he didn't shoot or barely touched the ball, and you almost forgot he was on the floor.
    Don't give me that bull of "quiet" points that isn't really an actual thing just an attempt to discredit a player's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Don't give me that bull of "quiet" points that isn't really an actual thing just an attempt to discredit a player's performance.
    No, it's not. It may just be because I'm not use to seeing him go so long without touching the ball. There were just stretches of tonight's game where everything was centered around Dwight on offense. Kobe hit some spot-up threes, got a few good "hustle" type points off offensive rebound putbacks, but he didn't get his 30 in a manner I'm accustomed to seeing. There wasn't much iso, penetration/attacking, pull-up jumpers, etc. Thus, it was a quiet 30 points in my opinion.

I'm not trying to discredit him. He's been crazy efficient and once he gets more comfortable playing off the ball and develops better chemistry with Dwight and Nash, the Lakers will be pretty damn scary on offense. Right now they're putting up nice numbers, and players are finishing with impressive stat-lines, but there just hasn't been a lot of fluidity in the offense. It'll come.

College star

No they aren't.

Like I said in a thread last week, which ironically Laker fans were calling me idiotic over, the Lakers will head into the first 22 games of the season just over, if not precisely at, .500.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    They will beat piss poor teams, get embarrassed by contending teams, and split the rest.

I doubt they get their nonsense together by Christmas, let alone 10 games.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Basketball is more than box score stats, though. Kobe has been efficient, but tonight his points were fairly quiet. I turned it off when he had 26 or so but, for the most part, it was a pretty quiet 26. Last night, if I hadn't looked at the boxscore, I would've assumed the Mavs frontcourt of Brand, Wright, and Curry badly outplayed Howard and Gasol. I still maintain they outplayed them, but the numbers don't really reflect that.

And I'm not saying Kobe sucked tonight, either. His "quiet" 30 points was mostly due to him playing off the ball and going stretches of thee game where he didn't shoot or barely touched the ball, and you almost forgot he was on the floor. There's just not a lot of chemistry between he and Dwight right now.

Their biggest problem tonight was poor defense. Their rotations were terrible, and it led to a number of wide-open threes and wide-open shots in and around the lane. They tightened up late in the game, but it was too late.
    Yeah never said it was. Pretty sure I said poor D was their issue as well. Offensively they played well, I don't need a boxscore to know that. His 30 points may have came quietly but there's nothing wrong with that. Esp with a big man Dwight getting his. Heck Dwight was even hitting FT's.

It's not a good sign when you play good enough offensively to beat inferior team and lose. That's all I'm saying. Chemistry and coaching or whatever may not have been perfect but it was good enough to win the game and they didn't.

It'll all be fine in the end but it's not like Miami.

Banned

No, it's not. It may just be because I'm not use to seeing him go so long without touching the ball. There were just stretches of tonight's game where everything was centered around Dwight on offense. Kobe hit some spot-up threes, got a few good "hustle" type points off offensive rebound putbacks, but he didn't get his 30 in a manner I'm accustomed to seeing. There wasn't much iso, penetration/attacking, pull-up jumpers, etc. Thus, it was a quiet 30 points in my opinion.

I'm not trying to discredit him. He's been crazy efficient and once he gets more comfortable playing off the ball and develops better chemistry with Dwight and Nash, the Lakers will be pretty damn scary on offense. Right now they're putting up nice numbers, and players are finishing with impressive stat-lines, but there just hasn't been a lot of fluidity in the offense. It'll come.
    Sorry i mistakenly thought you were a troll. IMO it's really really similar when the Heat came together. Great stats for Wade/Lebron & so/so results. Hope it gets better because now they just seem indecisive. You are top 5 players in this league (debatable) so just play your game because you are better than 90% of your competition.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    This team will be cruising in 5-10 more games. You can take that to the bank.
    I took it to the bank.

They said my card bounced.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gugulugu
    I took it to the bank.

They said my card bounced.

good job