Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: QB Collin Klein, why no NFL hype?

5th-7th round.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah that's what it says on the Walter site

I guess my confusion stems from the fact that somehow you can be an awful passer in college football and still complete 70% of your throws, which is a higher % than Peyton Manning had in college...strange but true I guess

QB stats in college mean little to nothing I guess when it comes to being an NFL prospect...probably shouldn't have even looked at them
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah that's what it says on the Walter site

I guess my confusion stems from the fact that somehow you can be an awful passer in college football and still complete 70% of your throws, which is a higher % than Peyton Manning had in college...strange but true I guess

QB stats in college mean little to nothing I guess when it comes to being an NFL prospect...probably shouldn't have even looked at them
I think a lot of it depends on the offensive system the college team runs.

I agree stats and team success mean nothing to NFL scouts, all they care about is size, arm strength, throwing mechanics, intelligence and the offense they ran. It's all about raw tools, if a guy has a weak arm or wasn't in a offense that translates well, they will be largely ignored by the NFL.

You should remember Sooner QB's like Jason White who were incredibly successful college QB's but held no interest to NFL teams because of their lack of NFL tools.

I think Klein is an intriguing player, but because of his lack of arm strength and his whacky mechanics he's not worth more than a late round pick IMO.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
you're comparing entire years of Tebow to a half season of Klein...Klien's comp% is higher, and his current passer rating is higher than Tebow's ever was

No, I'm comparing their careers.

And his career passer rating is 25 points behind Tebow's despite factoring in his 326% rating for going 1-1 his freshman year.

His current season 175% is 4 points higher than Tebow's career mark, having thrown 500+ more passes.

Last edited by JMT : 11-03-2012 at 10:53 AM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
okay, it is still comparing a small amount of playing time to a large amount...

Most of three seasons as KState's starting QB vs three seasons as Florida's starting QB.

He's not close to as productive in the passing game.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Most of three seasons as KState's starting QB vs three seasons as Florida's starting QB.

He's not close to as productive in the passing game.
Okay, THIS YEAR, right now, he is on pace to have a more productive year passing than any year Tebow played...

It's okay though, the argument is moot, because the truth is Tebow should have been a 5-7 round pick also...Denver busted that pick.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Okay, THIS YEAR, right now, he is on pace to have a more productive year passing than any year Tebow played...

It's okay though, the argument is moot, because the truth is Tebow should have been a 5-7 round pick also...Denver busted that pick.

Well technically yes and no. Everything you look for in a 1st round QB is what Tebow brought you. A winning record, division title, playoff win, and most importantly merchandise and money.

He just didn't have the stats to be a top tier QB but he won games.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #23
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just feel like if you have seen the guy play you would know why the NFL scouts aren't in love with him.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I just feel like if you have seen the guy play you would know why the NFL scouts aren't in love with him.
Never said "in love" lol...read mfer...how about just "on the map"

He looked good the times I have watched him...

He isn't in a pro style offense but neither was Tebow like mentioned in here numerous times...

IMO he looks like a better prospect than Tebow of the little I have seen and taking his height and size into account.

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 11-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #25
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
that is why I made this thread, it is rare I think to have a Heisman winner being damn near passed up in the draft...

A bunch of them weren't great NFL prospects
Ty Detmer
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward
Danny Woeful
Tinky Weinke
Eric Crouch - I don't think he ever really had intentions on playing anything other than QB
Jason White
Troy Smith
Tebow - Aside from the Broncos
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: