Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Shabazz Muhammad vs Ben McLemore

The year of the shooting guard. Who do you think has a higher ceiling?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad vs Ben McLemore

Muhammad
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I bought into the McLemore hype but after watching both of them a little more I like Shabazz. Shabazz is better off the bounce and around the rim which makes me think his game will translate more easily to the NBA.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Shabazz's career is going to go the way of O.J. Mayo
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like McLemore more. Shabazz doesn't seem to have the really elite level athleticism I expected. And he plays with a bit of bully in him, which is a good thing in my mind, but I do wonder how far he can push that as an advantage. And his game is really polished in his footwork, which also makes me wonder how much more it can develop.

That said I've seen a ton more McLemore than Muhammad, who I've seen two full games of all season.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I think Shabazz's career is going to go the way of O.J. Mayo

He's definitely not going to be what he was hyped up to be last summer, but he will be solid in the NBA with more experience.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Shabazz is a better NBA prospect. McLemore has elite athleticism and great shooting ability but he lacks advanced ball skills. Unless he drastically improves his ball handling and shot creation off the bounce, he'll likely be a catch and shoot guy who's also dangerous in transition ala OJ Mayo (what he was projected to be) or J-Rich. Shabazz has a high motor, can defend, and can score in a plethora of ways from all parts of the floor. That kind of versatility and one on one ability will serve him better in the NBA where he'll have more room to operate than he does in college. He doesn't have Harden's handles or playmaking ability but I see a lot of similarities in their game as college freshmen.

Last edited by Grinder : 03-06-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I think Shabazz is a better NBA prospect. McLemore has elite athleticism and great shooting ability but he lacks advanced ball skills. Unless he drastically improves his ball handling and shot creation off the bounce, he'll likely be a catch and shoot guy who's also dangerous in transition ala OJ Mayo (what he was projected to be) or J-Rich. Shabazz has a high motor, can defend, and can score in a plethora of ways from all parts of the floor. That kind of versatility and one on one ability will serve him better in the NBA where he'll have more room to operate than he does in college. He doesn't have Harden's handles or playmaking ability but I see a lot of similarities in their game as college freshmen.

Granted I haven't seen much, but Muhammad actually reminds me of a little version of Carmello. A lot of mid range action footwork wise, and physicality. And I agree that he's got a ton of ways to score. My concern is what happens if he's not an elite scorer (and that to me is what happened to Mayo, he just wasn't the elite specimen he seemed to be in his youth. He actually has a pretty solid skill set off the bounce and shooting the ball, he's just a tweener in both quickness and size)? If what I feel like is just a notch below elite athleticism affects his ability to score at the hoop, and his ability to bully defenders, what else can he bring to the table if he's not "the man"? Especially since he's got "the man" mentality too. I could see him settling in as a bench offensive focal point kind of guy, who you can mix into your starting rotation to close games or if you're chasing down a lead.

I could see McLemore settling in to a JRich kind of a career. Or maybe even a more explosive bench role like JR Smith. But I think I'd be more inclined to gamble on the god given explosiveness and hope I could develop the creativity off the bounce, especially since the jumper is so far developed already.

This draft feels like a mess.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think my favorite player in this year's draft is Anthony Bennett.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Mine too. Although picking an undersized PF, even one as skilled and explosive as Bennett, is sorta like taking a safety first overall in the NFL draft. He's pretty much gotta be Larry Johnson as a prospect to pull it off.

But who else is it gonna be?
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Toronto!

He's really undersized but at worst case scenario i could see him being like a Jason Maxiell which is not terrible.

As for Shabazz. Let me start off by saying a lot of questions must be asked about a guy who sat out ten games and gained that much weight like he did. I understand if it's an injury and you aren't playing much and you don't change your habits drastically + age and maturity level to understand that's what needed to be done. But that was not the case at all. He had no reason to show up for his first game THAT out of shape. I understand not having game legs or the conditioning 100% but 20 lbs overweight!? Why am I not surprised he plays for Howland?

As for McLemore, haven't seen a red-shirt freshman come back so much better than was expected of him so quickly. He's really improved his game a lot. He really needs to work on his handle, he's pretty predictable and seems to go to a very limited amount of moves. To his credit, he can blow by pretty much anyone at this level but in the NBA that isn't going to work. He's listed at 6'4 1/2 but he looks a lot bigger to me? I don't know, might be the Paul Harris thing all over again

Anyways, if Shabazz can pull it together and really make sure he's in shape im pretty sure he'll be much more athletic than he is now. He was doing things last year he can't right now because of the timing of his comeback and the lack of time to really get in the gym and bust his ass. He has all the tools he just needs to keep them sharp.

Shabazz is a more advanced offensive player than McLemore, and may end up the better player when all is said and done. The tourney does wonders for many players so maybe he can climb back to top spot in the scouts eyes wth a good showing (granted they make it) because, let's face it, McLemore is going to be better all-around at the combine. After that is workouts and I don't think McLemore would do anything other than a solo workout if he is a top 5 lock, same with Shabazz.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
Goliath Uterus
average size weiner

Goliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGoliath Uterus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Shabazz is the more complete player at this point, especially offensively. However, I think McLemore's ceiling is higher. Once his ball handling improves I see a perennial all star.
Goliath Uterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I think Bennett's floor is like a Anthony Mason type of guy but has the potential to be the next Larry Johnson.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Had no idea who Larry Johnson was before Googling.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Had no idea who Larry Johnson was before Googling.

you must be pretty young then, he's a pretty popular player from the 90s
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: