Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,602
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Not at all.. Reducing the military would be the best thing for the country. Terrorism will actually decrease and the debt will decrease. We have no reason to be in the middle east or to have military bases in Germany, Japan or where ever else.

But of course you have idiots(many on this forum as well) who think we need to occupy and attack every country to keep ourselves safe.


how does terrorism decrease when they already hate us, and have been trying to attack us for years? so if we just stop you think they're going to stop? wouldn't common sense be that they will be more free to recruit, organize, and become stronger?

there are so many things wrong with the Ron Paul school of thought domestically and with foreign policy that its a shame so many people who hate both left and right buy into it. i can get behind a independent in the middle but not Ron Paul's ridiculous policies with no government agencies and doing nothing abroad thinking everything will fix itself
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,155
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Military spending is prob the most ineffecient portion on govt spending but somehow cutting costs is a bad thing. That is why most "fiscal conservatives" are a joke.

Unfortunately, I think we will continually emphasize our military more and more as China closes the GDP gap and eventually surpasses us. We will resort to threats of violence more and more in an attempt to hold on to our global primacy. We will take actions in Asia in an attempt to contain China (strong pacific alliances, setting up new military bases (Darwin, Australia)).

We have already begun to pivot our national security focus over to East Asia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86Q1HZ20120727
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...t-towards-asia

We don't say this, but obviously its to counter Chinese influence and maintain America's dominance in the region. We won't be able to use soft power in Asia for much longer, we will need to decide whether to let Asia go or resort to overt military intervention.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,726
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
how does terrorism decrease when they already hate us, and have been trying to attack us for years? so if we just stop you think they're going to stop? wouldn't common sense be that they will be more free to recruit, organize, and become stronger?

there are so many things wrong with the Ron Paul school of thought domestically and with foreign policy that its a shame so many people who hate both left and right buy into it. i can get behind a independent in the middle but not Ron Paul's ridiculous policies with no government agencies and doing nothing abroad thinking everything will fix itself

Use some logic idiot. If we constantly blow up the Middle East and occupy their countries they are going to hate us. For example, If Canada occupies us and uses drone strikes to kill supposed "terrorists" in the United States or anyone who opposes them wouldn't you be mad? Wouldn't you constantly try to kick them out? We are in their countries and the only reason you think they are a threat is because you are brainwashed idiot.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
just stop replying to me with your nonsense, and start reading some current events before yapping. thats what the Syrian rebels said, quoted directly from them i don't know why you keep acting like you know stuff when you don't seem to read any current events.

heres the CNN article, i'm sure a lot of other news sites have it as well since its world news:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/31/world/...iref=allsearch


I am replying with actual facts rather than gossip, you go "supposedly" we all know how it worked last time in Iraq. Stop using nonsense like that when you try to discuss. So now we're supposed to believe the rebel leader, Muhiyee Deen al-Zein?

And somehow you missed out on following;

"But there's no smoking gun connecting Tehran to the recent airstrikes -- leaving only a distant, suspicious hum in the air over Syria."

And I am not supporting the syrian regime, nor do I support all these rebels.

And I reply with current facts, you whine about Iran "supposedly" helping Syria, but just months ago in Bahrain when they tried to go all in for freedom Saudi Arabia sent forces to crush protestors. So is your concern about the people in Syria or just because it's Iran who gets accused for helping the regime? You've never commented once about Saudi Arabia crushing protestors but accusations towards Iran is something you bite on directly. And the major fundings to muslim terrorist groups which you're so afraid of come from Saudi Arabia but still you're spamming about gossip and misquotations. It's all politics.

Last edited by millwad : 11-02-2012 at 02:47 PM.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,155
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
how does terrorism decrease when they already hate us, and have been trying to attack us for years? so if we just stop you think they're going to stop? wouldn't common sense be that they will be more free to recruit, organize, and become stronger?

there are so many things wrong with the Ron Paul school of thought domestically and with foreign policy that its a shame so many people who hate both left and right buy into it. i can get behind a independent in the middle but not Ron Paul's ridiculous policies with no government agencies and doing nothing abroad thinking everything will fix itself

Terrorism would decrease if stopped spitting in the middle easts face. We have been doing so since 1948. It takes a lot to incite a weaker entity to engage a stronger entity. We have provided ample reason for them to hate us.

But dont worry we wont be cutting the military significantly, we will continue to cling to our last advantage of the rest of the world. Also you are right if the only thing we did was to cut our military they would still hate us. We would need to stop our policies in the middle east. We obviously wont do that.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,602
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Use some logic idiot. If we constantly blow up the Middle East and occupy their countries they are going to hate us. For example, If Canada occupies us and uses drone strikes to kill supposed "terrorists" in the United States or anyone who opposes them wouldn't you be mad? Wouldn't you constantly try to kick them out? We are in their countries and the only reason you think they are a threat is because you are brainwashed idiot.


you do know they were attacking us before we ever occupied dumbass?

the bottom line is we can't go back and de-enemy those that already despise us, and this idea they're all going to stop because we stopped is just so naive, and ridiculous. so what we make some more enemies due to our proactive approach against them, the alternative of not doing anything for them to freely plot and hit us is much worse.

its just common f'n sense.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
you do know they were attacking us before we ever occupied dumbass?

the bottom line is we can't go back and de-enemy those that already despise us, and this idea they're all going to stop because we stopped is just so naive, and ridiculous. so what we make some more enemies due to our proactive approach against them, the alternative of not doing anything for them to freely plot and hit us is much worse.

its just common f'n sense.

What an educated idiot, the US has been doing dirty business in the Middle East for decades. And who are "they"? A terrorist group has nothing to do with the WHOLE Middle East. Small terrorist groups don't represent 350 million people in the Middle East.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #23
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,602
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Terrorism would decrease if stopped spitting in the middle easts face. We have been doing so since 1948. It takes a lot to incite a weaker entity to engage a stronger entity. We have provided ample reason for them to hate us.

But dont worry we wont be cutting the military significantly, we will continue to cling to our last advantage of the rest of the world. Also you are right if the only thing we did was to cut our military they would still hate us. We would need to stop our policies in the middle east. We obviously wont do that.


to what degree would it decrease do you think? like how many extremists are out there that are dead set on attacking us vs those that we make enemies from occupying? and is a decrease good enough justification to you to ignore and allow them to freely plan and plot to do it? its not good enough to me especially when we know for sure there will still be a significant number of terrorist organizations trying....

the other thing is they also hate us based on our policy, like with Israel. that isn't going to change. whats your suggestion with that? they don't like that we deal with the Saudi government or the Saudi government deals with us. how do we handle their feelings with that? do we give in to everything they have an issue with so there might be a decrease in terrorists?

i just think we have to deal with the current realities where we can't go back and reverse time to fix whatever enemies we've created to this point. and we have the might to at the very least deter them significantly, if not wipe a lot of them out over the long run. obviously not without expenditures or lives but i think the threat is very real and its not going to stop just because we leave them alone.

and it might be a small thing to a lot of you but don't discount the threats we get from extremists halfway across the world when somebody mocks Mohammad. its just a example of what we're dealing with here, that is more based on them dictating their will's to us under threats of violence than us them. it won't ever stop.

Last edited by Godzuki : 11-02-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,602
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
What an educated idiot, the US has been doing dirty business in the Middle East for decades. And who are "they"? A terrorist group has nothing to do with the WHOLE Middle East. Small terrorist groups don't represent 350 million people in the Middle East.


ughh god you're so f'n dumb. stop replying to me

thats who they're hiding behind stupidass, which is obvious. i don't need to spell out if we are proactive against the terrorist groups its going to affect them in some way. and nobody ever said anything about declaring war on the middle east, in fact we're currently working with most of their governments.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
longhornfan1234
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,003
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I don't know about you but after already contributing to these programs for years, I would like it if they were around for my retirement. Unless you meant cut back instead of eliminating them, then I disagree.


Cut back on all of them, except Parent Planhood.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Because no one would dare attack us and the world is at peace!
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #27
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,602
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I am replying with actual facts rather than gossip, you go "supposedly" we all know how it worked last time in Iraq. Stop using nonsense like that when you try to discuss. So now we're supposed to believe the rebel leader, Muhiyee Deen al-Zein?

And somehow you missed out on following;

"But there's no smoking gun connecting Tehran to the recent airstrikes -- leaving only a distant, suspicious hum in the air over Syria."

And I am not supporting the syrian regime, nor do I support all these rebels.

And I reply with current facts, you whine about Iran "supposedly" helping Syria, but just months ago in Bahrain when they tried to go all in for freedom Saudi Arabia sent forces to crush protestors. So is your concern about the people in Syria or just because it's Iran who gets accused for helping the regime? You've never commented once about Saudi Arabia crushing protestors but accusations towards Iran is something you bite on directly. And the major fundings to muslim terrorist groups which you're so afraid of come from Saudi Arabia but still you're spamming about gossip and misquotations. It's all politics.

lol i linked the article where he directly said it, and now you're questioning his validity, with nothing to back it up but your ass.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
ughh god you're so f'n dumb. stop replying to me

thats who they're hiding behind stupidass, which is obvious. i don't need to spell out if we are proactive against the terrorist groups its going to affect them in some way. and nobody ever said anything about declaring war on the middle east, in fact we're currently working with most of their governments.

You're dumb and it's a fact that no one ever agrees with your nonsense.

Nothing you write ever makes sense, you want a war with Iran based on rumours. You're even so stupid that you used the "Oh, their president threatened to wipe Israel off the map" which was an obvious misquotation which you never understood before you got called out for your ignorance.

Now you whine about Iran "supposedly" helping the regime in Syria and that they are funding terrorists. But you didn't even know that the majority of the fundings to these muslim terrorist groups in the Middle East come from Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia sending forces to destroy protestors in Bahrain was something you didn't give a damn about either. But now you're suddenly whining about Iran "supposedly" helping Syria against rebels, a quote you got from a rebel leader..

I do believe that FOX News and media like that are the one's who got you all war hungry when it comes to Iran but you only prove your ignorance when the major fundings to muslims terrorist come from Saudi Arabia, the same country who is an ally of the US. But still you're all obsessed with Iran and now you're crying out about Iran "supposedly" helping Syria in their fight against the rebels but you don't give a damn about Saudi Arabia crushing protestors in Bahrain.

It's politics, don't be naive.

You're so ignorant and stupid..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
lol i linked the article where he directly said it, and now you're questioning his validity, with nothing to back it up but your ass.

Haha, of course I'm questioning the validity of a claim from a rebel leader. Are you stupid? Where's the proof, did you even read the last paragraph of the article? If you're gonna make a claim like that, bring valid sources.

And since you care so much about Syria, why didn't you give a damn about Saudi Arabia crushing protestors in Bahrain, which is something that's been confirmed.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,602
Default Re: People actually think that reducing the size of military will weaken America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Haha, of course I'm questioning the validity of a claim from a rebel leader. Are you stupid? Where's the proof, did you even read the last paragraph of the article? If you're gonna make a claim like that, bring valid sources.

And since you care so much about Syria, why didn't you give a damn about Saudi Arabia crushing protestors in Bahrain, which is something that's been confirmed.


honestly i'm done responding to you. you constantly act like you're some authority over the most direct source conveying the news possible, and trying to discredit them. so unless you're the Syrian leader or a Iranian leader thats being completely honest with all of us, you have no f'n clue what you're talking about

the funny thing is initially you tried to discredit the news agency being Fox news that i cited, and then you jumped to trying to discredit the rebel leader after i linked his quotes. how do you know more than him again?
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy