Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #31
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

it would be more impressive if they beat the heat WITH stoudemire
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knicks beasted, /thread
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
funnystuff
Say wot m8

funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
it would be more impressive if they beat the heat WITH stoudemire
This
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Ppl not giving the Knicks credit are just haters plain and simple. 19/36 from 3 pt land people! You're not gonna lose too many games shooting like that.

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 11-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I wish it wasn't true.....but unfortantely it is....

The combination of the trade for Melo and his declining athleticism is an awful 1-2 punch. Knicks are simply better without him.....which is sad.

If they manage minutes well, this isn't true. Melo is that team's only consistent scorer other than Amare. The difference with this team as compared to previous years when Melo was the only consistent scorer is that this team has shooters all over the court, but you don't want to rely on that.

They're a better starting lineup without Amare though. I say they'll let him start, but make him the first guy subbed out, relatively early and sub back in for Melo or Tyson. The fact is they can all 3 play together offensively because Melo and Amare both have jumpshots and can play inside...they're both more effective making plays inside but Tyson is in the way. 2 of the 3 on the floor is what you want, but 3 of the 3 is not ideal. Amare makes himself the odd man out because of his defense.

If they could trade him, great, but if not....they need to figure out the rotations necessary to make it work, and I don't think its that hard to figure out. In fact Amare's absence makes it clear.

Luckily though, as I've been saying, the Knicks have the most dynamic roster in the league, so they can seriously have multiple starting lineups big and small. They can get away with Amare playing 5 and Melo at the 4 for games and certainly stretches, because they can put a perimeter around them than can limit penetration and rebound the ball. Amare at the 5 (poor defender, good shotblocker) with Melo/Brewer/JR/Kidd/ or Shumpert or even Felton all good defenders and all good rebounders for their positions, and multiple ball handlers that can set others up or get into the paint.

I'm telling you people are sleeping on the Knicks. Best roster in the NBA. 2 explosive scoring forwards, 2 top defensive bigs, and versatile guard play, perennial 6th man, best shooter in the league.

It wouldn't be the same, but they have enough talent on this roster to sustain injuries from any of their Big 3, even Chandler with Camby on the roster.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
Apogee
Local High School Star

Apogee is considered somewhat coolApogee is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Ppl not giving the Knicks credit are just haters plain and simple. 19/36 from 3 pt land people! You're not gonna lose too many games shooting higher than 50% in 36 attempts from downtown.

The thing is this type of attack isn't that sustainable. If your threes aren't falling then what else do you have? It was a great game by the knicks but I wouldn't get to excited just yet.
Apogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #37
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee
The thing is this type of attack isn't that sustainable. If your threes aren't falling then what else do you have? It was a great game by the knicks but I wouldn't get to excited just yet.

no I agree I'm just saying the posters saying Miami let us win are idiots. We torched them from 3 thats why we won. W/ the way we shot last night we would've beaten any team that was out there.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
If they manage minutes well, this isn't true. Melo is that team's only consistent scorer other than Amare. The difference with this team as compared to previous years when Melo was the only consistent scorer is that this team has shooters all over the court, but you don't want to rely on that.

They're a better starting lineup without Amare though. I say they'll let him start, but make him the first guy subbed out, relatively early and sub back in for Melo or Tyson. The fact is they can all 3 play together offensively because Melo and Amare both have jumpshots and can play inside...they're both more effective making plays inside but Tyson is in the way. 2 of the 3 on the floor is what you want, but 3 of the 3 is not ideal. Amare makes himself the odd man out because of his defense.

If they could trade him, great, but if not....they need to figure out the rotations necessary to make it work, and I don't think its that hard to figure out. In fact Amare's absence makes it clear.

Luckily though, as I've been saying, the Knicks have the most dynamic roster in the league, so they can seriously have multiple starting lineups big and small. They can get away with Amare playing 5 and Melo at the 4 for games and certainly stretches, because they can put a perimeter around them than can limit penetration and rebound the ball. Amare at the 5 (poor defender, good shotblocker) with Melo/Brewer/JR/Kidd/ or Shumpert or even Felton all good defenders and all good rebounders for their positions, and multiple ball handlers that can set others up or get into the paint.

I'm telling you people are sleeping on the Knicks.
Best roster in the NBA. 2 explosive scoring forwards, 2 top defensive bigs, and versatile guard play, perennial 6th man, best shooter in the league.

It wouldn't be the same, but they have enough talent on this roster to sustain injuries from any of their Big 3, even Chandler with Camby on the roster.

I agree w/ the bolded
Old 11-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #39
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

unfortunately, Amar'e's been making them worse

maybe he will be useful this season by playing next to marcus camby (or maybe even rasheed wallace) instead of Tyson
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #40
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee

They can get into the paint too, which they did last night to open up those 3s; and I think the pick and roll will be a bigger part of their game vs most other teams. The Heat are great at defending the pick and roll. The way to beat the Heat's defense is penetration from the pg position (in particular, where they're weak), and ball movement....The Knicks did that.

But on to your point, many teams have lived and died by the 3 and had success with a few guys that can make plays in the paint. The Knicks have ample talent to do both.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #41
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

When did Rasheed Wallace return to the NBA? I was f*cking surprised to see him get off the bench. I heard the crowd chanting his name and just thought he was there watching in the stands and then I see him get up off the bench and check into the game.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: