Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #31
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: >implying
Posts: 3,763
ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

it would be more impressive if they beat the heat WITH stoudemire
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,793
bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

knicks beasted, /thread
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
funnystuff
Say wot m8
 
funnystuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,678
funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
it would be more impressive if they beat the heat WITH stoudemire
This
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,872
ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Ppl not giving the Knicks credit are just haters plain and simple. 19/36 from 3 pt land people! You're not gonna lose too many games shooting like that.

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 11-03-2012 at 02:44 PM.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,613
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I wish it wasn't true.....but unfortantely it is....

The combination of the trade for Melo and his declining athleticism is an awful 1-2 punch. Knicks are simply better without him.....which is sad.


If they manage minutes well, this isn't true. Melo is that team's only consistent scorer other than Amare. The difference with this team as compared to previous years when Melo was the only consistent scorer is that this team has shooters all over the court, but you don't want to rely on that.

They're a better starting lineup without Amare though. I say they'll let him start, but make him the first guy subbed out, relatively early and sub back in for Melo or Tyson. The fact is they can all 3 play together offensively because Melo and Amare both have jumpshots and can play inside...they're both more effective making plays inside but Tyson is in the way. 2 of the 3 on the floor is what you want, but 3 of the 3 is not ideal. Amare makes himself the odd man out because of his defense.

If they could trade him, great, but if not....they need to figure out the rotations necessary to make it work, and I don't think its that hard to figure out. In fact Amare's absence makes it clear.

Luckily though, as I've been saying, the Knicks have the most dynamic roster in the league, so they can seriously have multiple starting lineups big and small. They can get away with Amare playing 5 and Melo at the 4 for games and certainly stretches, because they can put a perimeter around them than can limit penetration and rebound the ball. Amare at the 5 (poor defender, good shotblocker) with Melo/Brewer/JR/Kidd/ or Shumpert or even Felton all good defenders and all good rebounders for their positions, and multiple ball handlers that can set others up or get into the paint.


I'm telling you people are sleeping on the Knicks. Best roster in the NBA. 2 explosive scoring forwards, 2 top defensive bigs, and versatile guard play, perennial 6th man, best shooter in the league.

It wouldn't be the same, but they have enough talent on this roster to sustain injuries from any of their Big 3, even Chandler with Camby on the roster.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
Apogee
Local High School Star
 
Apogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,030
Apogee is considered somewhat coolApogee is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Ppl not giving the Knicks credit are just haters plain and simple. 19/36 from 3 pt land people! You're not gonna lose too many games shooting higher than 50% in 36 attempts from downtown.


The thing is this type of attack isn't that sustainable. If your threes aren't falling then what else do you have? It was a great game by the knicks but I wouldn't get to excited just yet.
Apogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #37
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,872
ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee
The thing is this type of attack isn't that sustainable. If your threes aren't falling then what else do you have? It was a great game by the knicks but I wouldn't get to excited just yet.

no I agree I'm just saying the posters saying Miami let us win are idiots. We torched them from 3 thats why we won. W/ the way we shot last night we would've beaten any team that was out there.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape
 
ClutchOver9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,872
ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
If they manage minutes well, this isn't true. Melo is that team's only consistent scorer other than Amare. The difference with this team as compared to previous years when Melo was the only consistent scorer is that this team has shooters all over the court, but you don't want to rely on that.

They're a better starting lineup without Amare though. I say they'll let him start, but make him the first guy subbed out, relatively early and sub back in for Melo or Tyson. The fact is they can all 3 play together offensively because Melo and Amare both have jumpshots and can play inside...they're both more effective making plays inside but Tyson is in the way. 2 of the 3 on the floor is what you want, but 3 of the 3 is not ideal. Amare makes himself the odd man out because of his defense.

If they could trade him, great, but if not....they need to figure out the rotations necessary to make it work, and I don't think its that hard to figure out. In fact Amare's absence makes it clear.

Luckily though, as I've been saying, the Knicks have the most dynamic roster in the league, so they can seriously have multiple starting lineups big and small. They can get away with Amare playing 5 and Melo at the 4 for games and certainly stretches, because they can put a perimeter around them than can limit penetration and rebound the ball. Amare at the 5 (poor defender, good shotblocker) with Melo/Brewer/JR/Kidd/ or Shumpert or even Felton all good defenders and all good rebounders for their positions, and multiple ball handlers that can set others up or get into the paint.


I'm telling you people are sleeping on the Knicks.
Best roster in the NBA. 2 explosive scoring forwards, 2 top defensive bigs, and versatile guard play, perennial 6th man, best shooter in the league.

It wouldn't be the same, but they have enough talent on this roster to sustain injuries from any of their Big 3, even Chandler with Camby on the roster.

I agree w/ the bolded
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #39
knickswin
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: new yawk
Posts: 3,009
knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

unfortunately, Amar'e's been making them worse

maybe he will be useful this season by playing next to marcus camby (or maybe even rasheed wallace) instead of Tyson
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #40
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro
 
Y2Gezee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In hell when Im on ISH
Posts: 4,613
Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee
The thing is this type of attack isn't that sustainable. If your threes aren't falling then what else do you have? It was a great game by the knicks but I wouldn't get to excited just yet.

They can get into the paint too, which they did last night to open up those 3s; and I think the pick and roll will be a bigger part of their game vs most other teams. The Heat are great at defending the pick and roll. The way to beat the Heat's defense is penetration from the pg position (in particular, where they're weak), and ball movement....The Knicks did that.

But on to your point, many teams have lived and died by the 3 and had success with a few guys that can make plays in the paint. The Knicks have ample talent to do both.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #41
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: knicks without stoudemire beat the heat by 20

When did Rasheed Wallace return to the NBA? I was f*cking surprised to see him get off the bench. I heard the crowd chanting his name and just thought he was there watching in the stands and then I see him get up off the bench and check into the game.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy