Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #31
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: When you think about it, Chicago is the best city to live at.

I have never been in USA, but i heard only great things about San Francisco...
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #32
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Earthquakes aren't a big deal. Been down here in southern california my whole life and lived near the epicenter of the last really big one in the early 90's. Aside from that one there hasn't been an earthquake out here that even closed businesses for a day. Even that one only closed stuff down for two weeks before power and water got restored.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it's not perfect down here, but I wouldn't rate earthquakes that high. I'd take the risk of earthquakes over yearly storms shutting everything down. Consider that my neighbors had a pool party today and some of my friends considered surfing. In November! Every year it's like this and we've only had that one big earthquake that whole time. Pretty good odds I think.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #33
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
Easily...but there's too many libs, though. Who cares about the crime rate? Who goes to south/west Chicago? I've never been there in my life.

Hell no, I was at Chicago station (so right in the middle of the city) and my wallet got stolen by 2 black guys. The museums are amazing, architecture nad stuff, but like NYC the metro was ancient. The theft definitely soured Chicago to me.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #34
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

NYC, LA, San Fran >
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #35
AK47DR91

There are no beaches around Chicago. Give me Boston and NYC over Chi-town.

By the way, the two best cities to live in North America aren't even in the States, they're in Canada. Toronto and Montreal.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #36
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47DR91

By the way, the two best cities to live in North America aren't even in the States, they're in Canada. Toronto and Montreal.

Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #37
Godzuki
Banned

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

doesn't make sense to me how people can talk about best cities to live in without factoring in weather. weather is like the basis for why a area is good/bad to live. nobody ever says the Bahamas or Hawaii suck. its like Cali envy with people from the east coast, which is mostly based on weather. it affects so much of what you can do, or your day to day outlook.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
LexiKhan
I brick open layups

LexiKhan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive

Lisbon in the top 50 with the same score-range as Chicago, NY, Barcelona and Madrid? Wasn't expecting it, but the city sure as a kick-ass transport system, safe and good infrastructure along with pretty much half of the country's universities concentrated inside the city.

Too bad this excessive concentration in Lisbon means the depletion of services and population from the rest of the country (except Oporto).
LexiKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #39
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #40
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Lol
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #41
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Chicago is great if you haven't been anywhere else.

Its a big world Big Smoke, and you can do much better. I am sure Chicago is nice, but there is better.

So you've never been?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #42
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

LOL chicago is the best city to live in? nicca you must be high
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

New York is bigger and has more diverse than Chicago, but it's also much harder to find affordable areas in New York. Chicago also feels less hectic and cleaner.

the crime's really on the south side and the west side. the north is pretty safe.

the weather in Chicago is horrible. it's horribly cold and horribly windy all winter. it won't be consistently warm until July. I'd take Vermont's and New Hampshire's weather over Chicago's weather, that's how bad it is.

If I had a lot of money (and I mean a lot, like a net worth of $10 million+), I'd pick New York hands down, but I think it's a lot easier to live the good life in Chicago than New York for us regular folks.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #44
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
vienna first
suck it homos
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #45
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:

come'on son. i uploaded photos of myself chilling at Loyola and Foster Beach.

Last edited by Bigsmoke : 05-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: