Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Taj Gibson signs big extension

The Chicago Bulls announced today that the team has agreed to terms with forward Taj Gibson on a multi-year extension. According to the Chicago Tribune, it is a 4-year deal worth up to $38 million

“Taj has proven to be a key member of our team and we are very pleased to have reached an agreement with him,” said Chicago Bulls General Manager Gar Forman. “We look forward to him to continue to develop his game and we are happy that Taj will be a Bull long term.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11353#ixzz2Awb5J3vd
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Taj Gibson signs big extension

Quote:
A league source said that Gibson's deal is actually for $34 million guaranteed and with different escalators in the contract it could reach as high as $39 million over the next four years.

I'm glad we locked Taj up for a while, but when I heard the initial figure of $38 million I thought it seemed just a bit high. I was hoping for something in the $32-$36 million range, so seeing that the guaranteed money is only $34 makes me even happier. Hopefully Taj won't be distracted anymore, because he certainly played like it was bothering him last night.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Taj Gibson signs big extension

I am thrilled the Bulls finally made a deal that Taj's agent would agree to. The TAJinater is a keeper and he is worth the money. I would have been pissed beyond belief if the the Bulls lost Taj in the same way they lost Asik.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How would you have felt if we kept Asik but lost Taj? I honestly felt that Taj was more important to us, but seeing Asik play in Houston breaks my heart.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
How would you have felt if we kept Asik but lost Taj? I honestly felt that Taj was more important to us, but seeing Asik play in Houston breaks my heart.
Honestly, it bothers me not at all that we lost Asik. I'd rather have Taj every day of the week, unless Noah's injured.

But seriously Asik is a good defender, hell even a pretty good defender, and maybe with McHale he'll blossom into an acceptable scorer. But I can't imagine Taj not being a bull. He's just so much more valuable.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Awesome! I like having both Taj and Boozer right now. Boozer had shown some potential again this season. If he starts to get lazy again before the end of the season then amnesty him and start Taj.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10

Yeah, seeing the highlights of the game last night where Asik had 19 rebounds. I do miss him. But he's terrible on offense and Noah can rebound just as well as Asik. I still think the Rockets overpaid him.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Glad to have Taj locked in
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: