Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

Any Van Gundy is out of the question. Jeff and Stan are very similar. Plus there might be a bias in how Jeff handles Dwight, seeing that he ran stan out of Orlando. No to Jeff. I love the Van Gundy brothers....but no way.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
bladefd
Good college starter

Default Re: Backup Plan: Who is next best coach suitable for Lakers if/when Mike Brown get fired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Any Van Gundy is out of the question. Jeff and Stan are very similar. Plus there might be a bias in how Jeff handles Dwight, seeing that he ran stan out of Orlando. No to Jeff. I love the Van Gundy brothers....but no way.

Jeff did mention last year that he was very disgusted with the whole Dwight situation last season a few times (he said he was shocked with the whole Stan/Dwight media conversation and he wouldn't divulge much on his personal opinion over that, you can tell he was angry but he didn't rant). I can definitely see that leading to bias with Dwight if he keeps grudges. I don't know JVG well enough to know what sort of person he is and whether he would hold grudges over it this long..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Phil Jackson.......I'd be cool with that.....why the heck not!!!

D'Antoni.....No freaking way!!!!!

Jerry Sloan......YES
John Ireland on ESPN this morning was favoring D'Antoni...and talks alot about how he would pay to see run and gun Lakers game scoring 100+. I don't know if Kobe and Nash leg can handle run and gun anymore for 30+ min. Did run and gun ever scored any championship in the past?

The other guys didn't seem enthuiastic toward Jerry Sloan. But I think players would respect and listen to Sloan
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #19
bladefd
Good college starter

Anyone see this?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
If PJax won't come back ......

Nate McMillian !!!

He's phenomenal!!!!

I agree, I've said it in other threads for a while now. Besides the very end in Portland there he always takes a team and makes them better. Of course that Portland team had a ton of injuries too, so I don't really blame that whole deal on him. I think McMillian is really under rated in this league. In the right market (like this one) he could really shine.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #21
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I was thinking this same exact thing when I was reading that. Jeff had his brothers back that entire time in Orlando. Unless we want Dwight to bolt at the end of the season, JVG is out of the question. I like him as a coach, he's good at what he does now too, but he can't be the Lakers head coach. I think he doesn't want to coach anyway. Hasn't he been rumored for other teams before but said he likes it where he's at?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #22
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Whoever the new headcoach is would be already at 5-10+ handicap games behind to get his team and players up to .500 team...so I guess home-court advantage goal would need monumental WINs to get to that. Tough tough challenge for any replacement coach.

Btw, are you guys aware that Lakers (with the BIG4) are ranked #15 out of 15 in the whole western conference at the moment?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings

Lakers Rank #30 (out of 32 teams) in overall of the NBA league. lol

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1

Last edited by kobesabi : 11-09-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
John Ireland on ESPN this morning was favoring D'Antoni...and talks alot about how he would pay to see run and gun Lakers game scoring 100+. I don't know if Kobe and Nash leg can handle run and gun anymore for 30+ min. Did run and gun ever scored any championship in the past?

The other guys didn't seem enthuiastic toward Jerry Sloan. But I think players would respect and listen to Sloan

I would love to have D'Antoni as an offensive coordinator. As a head coach no way!!!! Actually, him and McMillian did help coach the Olympic team together..... hmmm... what if they hired Nate and he brought on D'Antoni as the OC? Wishful thinking for sure but I'd be more than happy with that. I really hope they're wrong about him being the head coach though. If I were the Lakers I wouldn't even interview him. If he was that good, he'd still be in charge of the Knicks. The Knicks couldn't play defense for years, now all the sudden this year they're playing defense. I don't think it's a coincidence.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I would love to have D'Antoni as an offensive coordinator. As a head coach no way!!!! Actually, him and McMillian did help coach the Olympic team together..... hmmm... what if they hired Nate and he brought on D'Antoni as the OC? Wishful thinking for sure but I'd be more than happy with that. I really hope they're wrong about him being the head coach though. If I were the Lakers I wouldn't even interview him. If he was that good, he'd still be in charge of the Knicks. The Knicks couldn't play defense for years, now all the sudden this year they're playing defense. I don't think it's a coincidence.
I agree with everything you said. ESPN seems to vote for D'Antoni. I'm not D'Antoni fan, but I can see how others said it could be a fit for the current roster of mega stars.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #25
bladefd
Good college starter

Kurt Rambis just said on espn that Phil is ready to go and is just waiting for a phonecall from Lakers. He also said Nash would fit perfectly into the triangle offense.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Kurt Rambis just said on espn that Phil is ready to go and is just waiting for a phonecall from Lakers. He also said Nash would fit perfectly into the triangle offense.

Imagine how much of a hero Phil would look like if he could lead this team to a championship after how bad they've looked the past season & the beginning of this one. Maybe he just wants to prove a point about coaching??
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #27
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

the best thing i heard was "hire Pat Riley". the Lakers would get a great coach and the Heat would be screwed.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #28
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Didn't the Lakers get swept out of the playoffs the last time Phil was coach?

DKLaker: Ready, set, ATTACK!!!!
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #29
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax

Wasn't Derek Fisher still in the league then
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: