Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Raps reach 4-year agreement with DeMar Derozan

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 mil. 10/yr...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation
Default Re: Raps nearing 4 year agreement with DeMar Derozan

Colangelo is the worst, just when I was tricking myself into being optimistic about our possible future with Lowry and Valanciunas, we go and do this. Back to realizing we'll never go anywhere with him as our GM.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Raps nearing 4-year agreement with DeMar Derozan

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a four year, $40 million contract extension with DeMar DeRozan, league sources tell Y! Sports.

I think many of us knew he'd be wanting somewhere around that much annually. And I think most of us knew BC would prob. give it to him.

Wish he didn't though. Maybe with Curry, Lawson, Harden all signing deals, BC didn't want to lose out on his starting SG...
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
brwnman

Quote:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Guard DeMar Derozan's contract extension with the Raptors is incentive based and close to $42 million, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

I would much rather have an injured Stephen Curry...
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I would much rather have an injured Stephen Curry...

Curry was injured for just one season. Hoping he isn't too injured this season.

DeMar needs to become a stud to warrant this money.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sometimes you just need to cut your losses with disappointing players rather than continuing the mistake. I have a feeling this is mainly based on him being a past top 10 pick and the Raptors not having much else at SG because I can't see any justification of this deal based on talent/production.

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXrLh8s2nAA
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #8
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Dont like it because if he isnt getting to the line there is nothing else he can do. As evident by tonights game.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

oh god why
probably used Landry Fields as leverage "he got 7 mill per and I'm not worth 11?"
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have signed guard DeMar DeRozan to a multi-year contract extension. Several reports say the deal is for four years and around $40 million. We’ll update that info later tonight if needed.

“DeMar has worked very hard and has been a significant part of the building process here in Toronto,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “We view DeMar as a young, athletic and talented basketball player whose character fits what we are putting together.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11352#ixzz2AwbCVwCr
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Seriously??
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
“DeMar has worked very hard and has been a significant part of the building process here in Toronto,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “We view DeMar as a young, athletic and talented basketball player whose character fits what we are putting together.”

worked very hard... to improve neither his ball handling or shooting.

significant part of the building process... which has led us to where we were 5 years ago.

young, athletic, and talented...otherwise spun as "no actual significant production"

character... he was very receptive to a contract extension and it was an effortless process because I overpaid by 5 million per season.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
00playboy00
I brick open layups

00playboy00 has an OK reputation so far

Throughout the preseason and the first game. I like this contract. It’s not over the top pricy and not a great steal. Pretty much the same contract as Taj Gibson/Jrue Holiday. Demar will breakout this year. I'll vouch for that
00playboy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

1) It is market going rate given Drue and Taj

2) We really wont know if its good or bad for 2 more years.

Might actually end up being a steal if he is Tmac in his prime - might be a dud if he is JRich last year -but I have no way of really projecting that right now.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
2) We really wont know if its good or bad for 2 more years.
We will know if this is a bad deal by the end of this year. By the time a player is in his 4th year, what you see is what you'll get in general. Let's just say it's not looking good. If he still can't shoot and dribble this year, what miraculous thing will he discover that will change that going forward?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: