Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #31
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: how much debt do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
None from undergrad because I've been fortunate with scholarships and well-planned savings by my family. I graduate in May and I'm thinking about economics grad school. I prob won't be able to get into the schools I want based on my math history (I just haven't taken enough courses yet). I'll prob take a job at the consulting firm I'm interning at for 3 years while taking math courses and then go for a PhD.

happy to hear u are still planning on going to grad school

what are the schools u want to go to? lets see if there's any overlap in our school hopes.. maybe we will wind up in same place
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:37 AM   #32
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
happy to hear u are still planning on going to grad school

what are the schools u want to go to? lets see if there's any overlap in our school hopes.. maybe we will wind up in same place

I feel like I don't know enough about the specialization of econ grad schools yet and my preferences but my top 5 would prob be:

Cal-Berkley
UCLA
Washington
CUNY or NYU (I'd like to take a shot at an NY school)
Duke or UNC (Both good schools but not qualified for Duke atm)

Also, I'd enjoy Pitt becuase they have a good behavioral economics program.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #33
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

in between 2-3 grand..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #34
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am about 14k in debt with student loans from undergrad. I would pay them off but I figured I would get a better return paying minimal payments on really low interest and sticking more money in my retirement fund netting me a greater return.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I am about 14k in debt with student loans from undergrad. I would pay them off but I figured I would get a better return paying minimal payments on really low interest and sticking more money in my retirement fund netting me a greater return.

Honestly, you'd prob be better off paying off your debt at the lowest interest rates you can. Both rates are likely to go up (debt/retirement) in the intermediate future so it's prob better to pay everything you can off now. Just a guess tho it depends on your situation.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #36
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Around 115k.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #37
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Zero.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #38
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

college is still pretty cheap in my country, and my parents cover it, so thankfully, none
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: