Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: if you switched garnett with dirk or duncan, woud either team improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
garnett isn't capable of leading a team in the 4th like dirk. otherwise they are prety much the same and dirk is quickly closing the gap on defense while remaining light years better than garnett offensively
woah woah woah. Dirk has gotten better defensively but i honestly think kg should win dpoy this year. Dirk still isnt that close to him defensively.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #17
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: if you switched garnett with dirk or duncan, woud either team improve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
woah woah woah. Dirk has gotten better defensively but i honestly think kg should win dpoy this year. Dirk still isnt that close to him defensively.

thats why i said 'closing the gap'. that means at one point there was a big difference and now it's getting smaller and smaller.
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
thats why i said 'closing the gap'. that means at one point there was a big difference and now it's getting smaller and smaller.

If he feels KG is the DPOY this season how the phuck does that mean Dirk is closing the gap? I'd like to assume that when someone claims a player is DPOY in thier eyes that a player isnt closing the gap and the big difference hasnt been made into a small one.

Smarten up joewait, all that studying has your brain near "fried". Dirk will never come close to winning a DPOY. But some way, some how he is closing the defensive gap. Ok gotcha. What else can Dirk do? Pass like Nash...wait he's closing the gap. Used to be a big difference and now its getting smaller and smaller.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #19
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think hes closing the gap on duncan because i think duncan has gotten worse. Hes not closing the gap on garnett because this is garnetts best year defensively imo. He even said himself hes been more energetic on that end. Honestly if anything the gap between those two got wider this year. I love dirk, thats fairly obvious but bringing up defense in an argument about him and kg is a bad idea for the dirk perspective.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #20
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

I'm a defensive guy so I like what happens to the Mavs with KG. Definitely championship caliber. Not saying KG is better but he's more my taste in a player especially a PF. Of course Dallas or any team gets better with Duncan unless they have another HOF big man already. I do like KG with the Mavs lineup more and it's harder to picture Duncan somewhere else besides SA.

Oh forgot to add I think either team Dirk goes to woud have to adjust their rosters and styles to fit Dirk moreso because their PF becomes a perimeter player.

Last edited by allball : 01-29-2007 at 11:31 PM.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #21
raiderfan19
Shazam!

honestly i think the mavs would get worse with duncan than they would with dirk. That said i also think the spurs would get worse with dirk than with duncan. Both teams are built around the players they already have.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #22
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballFan422
I think Garnett would fit well in Dallas and SA's systems because of their focus on defense.
Minnesota's been a more defensive-oriented team since Casey was first hired. This season, the Wolves have been very good defensively.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:53 AM   #23
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

You have to consider that these teams are built around these players. Changing the foundation of the team means the coaches would have to adjust gameplans completely. It'd be way different than just the difference between the players.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
honestly i think the mavs would get worse with duncan than they would with dirk. That said i also think the spurs would get worse with dirk than with duncan. Both teams are built around the players they already have.

I can certainly agree with that. Dirk/Oberto patrolling the paint? I don't think so. However, Dirk/KG, considering they both have extremely good midrange games, would be a much tougher decision.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:06 AM   #25
Nero
Great young streetballer

Nero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
You have to consider that these teams are built around these players. Changing the foundation of the team means the coaches would have to adjust gameplans completely. It'd be way different than just the difference between the players.

The Wolves were built by a drunk Irishman.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:16 AM   #26
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the mavs get worse. They would struggle to score.

I agree.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #27
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
The Wolves were built by a drunk Irishman.
While a nice joke, your post doesn't change the truth of my analysis.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #28
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I disagree, I think Dallas would actually level out because Duncan would be the post defender they could really rely on. I also think that Duncan would make those around him shoot more and get better there. That being said, Duncan wouldn't fit well into the offensive scheme, I doubt they'd win a championship, unless they change something..... like the offensive scheme.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #29
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

put kg on the spurs and it's downgrade because they need him to play too much center / deep post. put him on the mavs and he helps immensely at the defensive end but hurts them offensively. not because dirk is lightyears better than him but because neither dampier not diop can step out and shoot the way blount and nesterovic and griffin do / did, and that limits garnett's post ability and offensive rebounding when the centers clog his space on offense.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #30
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

simple answet to the question.......YES, both teams would be better. when has garnett had players like parker and josh howard and jason terry, jerry stackhouse, devin harris, heck, a defensive center like dampier, ginobili, etc, etc...
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: