Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Mavsman22
I airball my layups

Mavsman22 has an OK reputation so far
Default Michael Jordan: The Gambler

As he is often known to do, Michael Jordan took a big gamble on your Bobcats last season. We're about to see if it pays off. Read:

http://6thmanblog.com/2012/prose-ran...31-the-gambler
Mavsman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board
Default Re: Michael Jordan: The Gambler

Pretty good read...are you the author?

I don't think it was quite the gamble that your article says given the alternative. Look at the Bucks as a prime example, chasing the 8th seed for years and almost always falling short. Trying to go that route hoping to land above average FAs (because Lebron is not taking his talent to the Queen City) just to get a couple of playoff games at our home court is IMO much more of a gamble. Going for high draft picks along with a guy who has one of the most comprehensive databases for evaluating players in the game is actually the safer way, esp. financially.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

So what does our preseason indicate for the upcoming real season?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
So what does our preseason indicate for the upcoming real season?

Bigger/Stronger/Faster...while still not being very good.

We'll still get blown out of some games but not quite as many as last year. The losses will pile up but I don't expect the players or the coach to quit this time around.

The thing for me is to see our young guys get better. If that happens then I'll consider the season a success no matter the final W/L record.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~

We'll still get blown out of some games but not quite as many as last year. The losses will pile up but I don't expect the players or the coach to quit this time around.

The thing for me is to see our young guys get better. If that happens then I'll consider the season a success no matter the final W/L record.

This. My prediction: 18 wins, most of those coming at the end of the season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
This. My prediction: 18 wins, most of those coming at the end of the season.
I think the average cats fan is more optimistic..
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I'm an average Cats fan. 18 wins seems like a stretch to me.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I think the average cats fan is more optimistic..

After last season I'll just be happy to go to games that are actually watchable.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~

I'll take your attitude on this. Sort of like being back in our first couple of seasons. Of course with so many good veteran players having been traded away over the seasons it's been impossible to create any consistency from season to season. I'm still excited. The firstrow.eu website sucks. I know there's another one au...something. I've watched it in previous seasons. Help anyone....
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #10
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I'll take your attitude on this. Sort of like being back in our first couple of seasons. Of course with so many good veteran players having been traded away over the seasons it's been impossible to create any consistency from season to season. I'm still excited. The firstrow.eu website sucks. I know there's another one au...something. I've watched it in previous seasons. Help anyone....

Exactly like the first 2 seasons.

That site DEFINITELY sucks. I had to use it during preseason on the 2 or 3 that was actually televised and it was brutal. Thing is Homeland Security shut down all the US based sites so the only options left are overseas.

Back in the day I used to have some luck with teams in the far east, but usually only when we were playing Houston (Yao).
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

atdhe.eu
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
atdhe.eu

Thank you!!
The times blow my mind. I guess they're using the 24 hour clock. Midnight-thirty!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: