Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
kmartshopper
Believe

kmartshopper has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

Seems like his scoring ability and his rebounding are actually getting worse. Is Paul hurting his development or was he overachieving to begin with? I remember when he got drafted a lot of people saying he'd be a 14 & 10 type player, and now it seems like he is steadily heading backwards in that direction.
kmartshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

The great red hype.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know if he's going backward but it does seem his game has become stale and predictable. Probably more that defenses are on to him and his game hasn't expanded all that much
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Could care less bout that floppin pu$$y, but it could have something to do with the knee injury this past Summer.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
kmartshopper
Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Could care less bout that floppin pu$$y, but it could have something to do with the knee injury this past Summer.
Oh yeah I forgot he got hurt, but still I agree with daily, people not falling for his usual tricks anymore. I would like to see this guy go one game without trying to do a spin move.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Who the hell knows man I'd say its far too early to write him off as stagnant or declining but he's been a joke so far.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation

aside from being an athletic beast he isnt very talented offesnively and he sucks the dong on defense. Very predictable offense, his post moves are that of a crappy college player. I cringe when i see him try to work in the post.
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think he'll develop into a consistent scorer, and he is physical on the glass.

But, he's a 3rd option probably at this point. I recently saw some trade threads in regards to Amare, and saw something about Blake. Then I thought to myself, that if Blake Griffin isn't a 11 rebound per game type guy he's not even the offensive player that Amare is or even close at this point in their careers. Defensively its about a wash. Just the youth factor.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I think he'll develop into a consistent scorer, and he is physical on the glass.

But, he's a 3rd option probably at this point. I recently saw some trade threads in regards to Amare, and saw something about Blake. Then I thought to myself, that if Blake Griffin isn't a 11 rebound per game type guy he's not even the offensive player that Amare is or even close at this point in their careers. Defensively its about a wash. Just the youth factor.
Blake is an average defender Amare is terrible
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
kmartshopper
Believe

clipperfan what do u have to say about this
Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

I blame Crawford, he ruins teams
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

hes in a funk. what is really concerning is that he and cp3 hasnt been able to nail the pick and roll play yet.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Don't expect any more than a Shawn Kemp-esque career out of Griffin, and you won't be upset.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

His lack of a skillset on the offensive side of the ball is a HUGE concern for me. Dude has a limited post and face-up game, and his jumper has this weird hitch-like form. It looks like garbage.

I dont blame CP3 for not going to him late in games. He's a ****ing joke in crunchtime.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
His lack of a skillset on the offensive side of the ball is a HUGE concern for me. Dude has a limited post and face-up game, and his jumper has this weird hitch-like form. It looks like garbage.

I dont blame CP3 for not going to him late in games. He's a ****ing joke in crunchtime.
This. Are people seriously going to fault CP3 for not trusting Blake in close games? Why should he? Blake hasn't done anything in those situations to inspire confidence.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: