Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Purchased my first protein supplement today (Square Meal from Musclemax)

I asked the guy there how I should get big, but he said based on my age and metabolism I would have to eat a huge meal every 3 hours which isn't really possible. So he just told me to blend some of the squaremeal, a banana, and two scoops of vanilla ice cream before bed and it would help me get lean and cut
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Purchased my first protein supplement today (Square Meal from Musclemax)

Stop talking about your sexy 13 year old body on the internet.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Purchased my first protein supplement today (Square Meal from Musclemax)

Lol u evn lift?
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ice cream? And before bed rather than early in the morning?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Real meals are better. But if u can't get in any that many, then yeah meal replacements are faster and easier to get down if real meals fill you up too much.

Also, drink more water than usual daily when taking those.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Ice cream? And before bed rather than early in the morning?
Lol, lots of people have said that eating before bed has various side effects on your body. According to the varsity basketball nutritionist at my school, and the muscle Max employee I spoke to today, the only side effect is gaining weight, which I'm trying to do. Also low fat vanilla ice cream can be comparable to yogurt the only dowbsde being extra sugar.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why are you so desperate to gain weight? At your age, you are probably better off just eating regular healthy meals, working out, and just seeing how your body naturally develops.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I asked the guy there how I should get big, but he said based on my age and metabolism I would have to eat a huge meal every 3 hours which isn't really possible. So he just told me to blend some of the squaremeal, a banana, and two scoops of vanilla ice cream before bed and it would help me get lean and cut
Why post all these questions on ISH if you were just going to go to the nearest meat market and get their advice? Out of all the questions you've asked about supplements you figured you would have got it right.

How does Vanilla ice cream keep you lean and cut? Before bed even?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Dude....you're too young to be using that stuff.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Why are you so desperate to gain weight? At your age, you are probably better off just eating regular healthy meals, working out, and just seeing how your body naturally develops.

This.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Dude....you're too young to be using that stuff.

It's protein powder not steroids

And ice cream before bed
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
It's protein powder not steroids

And ice cream before bed

Drink chocolate milk.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
SourPatchKids
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Drink chocolate milk.
Shit, I've been on chocolate milk and pb&j for months.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #14
SourPatchKids
Banned

Just tried that shake recipe on my grandma's prized blender, brilliant stuff. Props to my grandma for figuring just the right amount of water to put in to get a good consistency. The banana taste was a bit overwhelming but fortunately I got the chocolate flavor of the protein powder. Couldn't taste the ice cream at all but it definietely added to the consistency and texture of the shake. Nutrient wise the ice cream adds calcium a tiny bit of fat and a wee wee bit of protein to the drink. The banana+ protein powder might be a little bit of an overdose on potassium but I guess that's ok. Main thing is I got at least 34gs of quality protein to build that good ol muscle fiber. BTW this was dessert for my dinner which was Pizza Hut tuscani pasta and fresh asparagus from my grandma's garden. Will probably eat a small bowl of plain porridge in about 2 hours and that will be it for a day. I have to finish homework but hopefully I can squeeze in some weighted pushups before bed.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Just tried that shake recipe on my grandma's prized blender, brilliant stuff. Props to my grandma for figuring just the right amount of water to put in to get a good consistency. The banana taste was a bit overwhelming but fortunately I got the chocolate flavor of the protein powder. Couldn't taste the ice cream at all but it definietely added to the consistency and texture of the shake. Nutrient wise the ice cream adds calcium a tiny bit of fat and a wee wee bit of protein to the drink. The banana+ protein powder might be a little bit of an overdose on potassium but I guess that's ok. Main thing is I got at least 34gs of quality protein to build that good ol muscle fiber. BTW this was dessert for my dinner which was Pizza Hut tuscani pasta and fresh asparagus from my grandma's garden. Will probably eat a small bowl of plain porridge in about 2 hours and that will be it for a day. I have to finish homework but hopefully I can squeeze in some weighted pushups before bed.

Just don't use soy protein. Don't want Monsanto seeds growing in your balls or they'll sue them off.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: