Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Did Mike Vick play his last snap yesterday?

apparently his concussion was "significant"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ant-concussion

the Eagles look to be done and need to try and find their future (maybe Foles) so there is no point in starting Vick anyway...

is he done for good?...what you say Philly fans?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Did Mike Vick play his last snap yesterday?

Last snap as an Eagle more than likely. Eagles can cut him within 3 days after the SB and not owe him a dime. Coincidentally just read Asomugha can be cut with no cap penalty, so he's gone too.

Youth movement and new coaching movement begins in 2013. Foles, Kendricks, Cox, McCoy, DJax are only guys with guaranteed spots on the whole team. Rest of the team should have their BMW or Jag set on fire. Bought it with stolen money.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
apparently his concussion was "significant"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ant-concussion

the Eagles look to be done and need to try and find their future (maybe Foles) so there is no point in starting Vick anyway...

is he done for good?...what you say Philly fans?

As an Eagle? Yes, unless Foles gets hurt.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Last snap as an Eagle more than likely. Eagles can cut him within 3 days after the SB and not owe him a dime. Coincidentally just read Asomugha can be cut with no cap penalty, so he's gone too.

Youth movement and new coaching movement begins in 2013. Foles, Kendricks, Cox, McCoy, DJax are only guys with guaranteed spots on the whole team. Rest of the team should have their BMW or Jag set on fire. Bought it with stolen money.
maybe you can admit that I was right about Nnamdi getting overrated in Oakland because no one had to throw at that team ever?

Old 11-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
maybe you can admit that I was right about Nnamdi getting overrated in Oakland because no one had to throw at that team ever?

Or maybe going to a new system, physically declining (31 years old) had something to do with it.

He was excellent last year overall. I can't speak on this year, but it appears he has given up a lot of plays. Father time effects everyone differently. He could just be naturally declining.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Or maybe going to a new system, physically declining (31 years old) had something to do with it.

He was excellent last year overall. I can't speak on this year, but it appears he has given up a lot of plays. Father time effects everyone differently. He could just be naturally declining.
yeah maybe...or maybe he was just never as good as everyone thought, I think that is more likely given 31 isn't that old at all

he was alright last year...certainly not "excellent"...the overall feel was that he didn't live up to his contract...it was shown that he was clueless in a zone

his name was still huge last year yet it wasn't enough to get him in the probowl
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

No one ever threw at the guy in Oakland, and everyone just assumed that meant that he was a shut down CB

they didn't bother to notice that Oakland was the least thrown at team in the NFL every year he played there...because they couldn't stop the run, and they were always behind so no one needed to throw.

he was never TESTED in Oakland...(remember that SP?)

this year he is finally getting tested, and he is getting lit up all over the fckin place...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
No one ever threw at the guy in Oakland, and everyone just assumed that meant that he was a shut down CB

they didn't bother to notice that Oakland was the least thrown at team in the NFL every year he played there...because they couldn't stop the run, and they were always behind so no one needed to throw.

he was never TESTED in Oakland...(remember that SP?)

this year he is finally getting tested, and he is getting lit up all over the fckin place...

Why throw at a receiver who is blanketed? Deion was rarely "tested" for this same reason, until he got older.

No different than a baserunner refusing to tag because Vlad Guerrero was certainly gonna throw his ass out at the plate.

Last edited by Tarik One : 11-12-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

31 is pretty old for a corner. Very few dudes around playing a lot of snaps that are in their 30's playing that position.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Why throw at a receiver who is blanketed? Deion was rarely "tested" for this same reason, until he got older.

No different than a baserunner refusing to tag because Vlad Guerrero was certainly gonna throw his ass out at the plate.
No it is more like "why throw to a WR when we are up by 14 and these bums can't stop the run"

How come what you said didn't carry over to Philly???... Cause he is too old now at 31?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It did carry over for the first year at least. He was targeted 41 times, that's basically 2.5 targets per game.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It did carry over for the first year at least. He was targeted 41 times, that's basically 2.5 targets per game.
first off that is still an increase from the 29 targets he got in Oakland

second PFF had him at 46, which really isn't that far off from the average for a CB

third, basically everyone has labeled him a bust signing...you are the only person I have heard say he had an "excellent" year last year.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Not to hijack the thread back to it's original premise or anything...

Reid benefits zero from Foles being on the field. He's a dead man walking, and I don't know if it's loyalty or revenge, but all indications are that Vick, if healthy, is their QB.

Foles didn't exactly set the world on fire. In fact, had it not been for a holding call and the generally inept nature of the opponents DB's, he'd have had at least one more Pick 6 against him. The long TD was a blown coverage that my Mom could have turned into a TD. Maclin and Jackson made catches that were as fgood as anything they've ever done in Philly just to keep drives going. The opponent was so inept they gave Philly something like 6 first downs via penalty.

I'm not convinced Foles is their future. But if they are, I'm not convinced you don't risk doing the kid more harm than good by playing him if Vick is healthy. Some individuals on the team already have shown a propensity toward quitting, and I'm not sure that isn't amplified if the kid goes through what should be expected growing pains.

Being crushed behind awful O-lines killed Carr, Couch and others. I think we need a much bigger sample size to determine if it's to their advantage to finish it out with Foles or Vick, who is gone Feb 2 anyway. If someody's going to get mauled, why let it be the guy you're hoping is going to be your future?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

this is the way I see it now...didn't view it this way when I made the thread though

Foles is playing next week against the Skins for sure correct?...because of the severity concussion?

if Foles wins?, they have to continue with him, they have no choice...the team is winning with him

if Foles loses?, the team is 3-7...it's over, there is nothing Vick or anyone else can do to save the team or Reid...so what is the point of starting Vick who just suffered a severe concussion?...Reid knows he is done, might as well go with Foles again and maybe Reid can blame all the team's future losses on that.

win or lose, Foles continues to be the starter
Old 11-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #15
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

It would seem that Foles is the guy now. Unless he shits the bed next week they have to go with him.

Problem is, as someone alluded to earlier, nothing occurs in a vacuum. It is possible that he gets play again because of those in charge.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: