Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #136
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Week 10 Game Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
49ers need to grab a vet backup. Smith goes down late in the season and they're ****ed.

It's too late to get a veteran backup. I can't see how signing a veteran in midseason would be better than the guys we have now, it's impossible learning a playbook as a QB midseason. Unless if that veteran is Kurt Warner...

But Smith will be back soon and he's a tough SOB so there's no need to panic.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #137
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I never knew that about Alex Smith. Been watching for years and I never noticed that he wasn't blitzed much cause he's so good against it.

Interesting. Well I think the Rams might switch up on defense next half here. And just have a blitz party.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #138
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sanchez gets worse and worse each week.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #139
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
It's too late to get a veteran backup. I can't see how signing a veteran in midseason would be better than the guys we have now, it's impossible learning a playbook as a QB midseason. Unless if that veteran is Kurt Warner...

But Smith will be back soon and he's a tough SOB so there's no need to panic.

Because they don't have game experience. You're right someone would need to learn the book unless they bring back Johnson. But they'd be better with someone who knows the game better than with the raw QB's.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #140
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Sanchez gets worse and worse each week.

Dude has the confidence of a pre-pubescent teen
Old 11-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #141
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Because they don't have game experience. You're right someone would need to learn the book unless they bring back Johnson. But they'd be better with someone who knows the game better than with the raw QB's.
Kaepernick from what I seen is only use in wildcat situation. Is he even capable of leading a pass offense. Why is he the backup.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #142
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

As far as I'm concerned if we bring in a veteran who's probably had an average NFL career at best or else he'd be on a team the playbook would be watered down completely and we'd go ultra conservative. We can do the same with Kaep or Tolzien and I think a player like Kaep can help our offense in other ways and possibly gain confidence as the season progresses being a better option.

Also, I don't think Johnson is better than Kaep or Tolzien. People seem to be high on Tolzien as well.

I think the second half will see how important Alex is to our team.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #143
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We suck. Can Sunshine bring the Eagles back?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #144
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
Kaepernick from what I seen is only use in wildcat situation. Is he even capable of leading a pass offense. Why is he the backup.

Kaepernick has talent but he's just really raw. He played in a pistol offense in college so he's definitely going to need time to adjust to the NFL. He has a really good arm, he's fast, strong but I don't think he has the pocket prescience or ability to read the defenses which is crucial.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #145
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned if we bring in a veteran who's probably had an average NFL career at best or else he'd be on a team the playbook would be watered down completely and we'd go ultra conservative. We can do the same with Kaep or Tolzien and I think a player like Kaep can help our offense in other ways and possibly gain confidence as the season progresses being a better option.

Also, I don't think Johnson is better than Kaep or Tolzien. People seem to be high on Tolzien as well.

I think the second half will see how important Alex is to our team.

I do know that Tolzien gets a lot of love from those around him.

But it cannot be understated how important it is to have game experience when running an offense. When I say get a veteran I mean just in case Alex goes down real late in the season or in a crucial game. Because then you can have someone coming in to cover who won't be surprised by anything.

As of right now yeah, I'm good with Kap being in. But if this were week 17, I'd really like to have someone else ready to go.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #146
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I do know that Tolzien gets a lot of love from those around him.

But it cannot be understated how important it is to have game experience when running an offense. When I say get a veteran I mean just in case Alex goes down real late in the season or in a crucial game. Because then you can have someone coming in to cover who won't be surprised by anything.

As of right now yeah, I'm good with Kap being in. But if this were week 17, I'd really like to have someone else ready to go.

Yes, I agree with that 100%. I'd take a QB who can manage the offense and basically not **** up over a raw talent who's unstable in the pocket.

But I'm not really sure we can find anyone like that at this point. The deadline is passes and I don't think there's anyone in the FA market. Warner? McNabb?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #147
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Yes, I agree with that 100%. I'd take a QB who can manage the offense and basically not **** up over a raw talent who's unstable in the pocket.

But I'm not really sure we can find anyone like that at this point. The deadline is passes and I don't think there's anyone in the FA market. Warner? McNabb?

I have no idea who's out there.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #148
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Folesanity!
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #149
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Talk about blown coverage, WTF.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #150
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas secondary got owned.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: