Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #46
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Week 10 Game Thread and Discussion

I love the Vontae trade. He's really talented, and has been amazing when he has played since his first game of the year when he got torched. Not sure why you think he's not very good.

We wouldn't have gotten a more talented corner in the second round of this draft.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #47
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're right, we probably could'nt gotten someone better in the 2nd. But who cares? Sign him outright next offseason and have a new 2nd round WR/OL/S/DL going into his 2nd year. Unless you think Vontae Davis is the missing piece to winning the Super Bowl next season (he's not).

And he's not that good. He's been anything but amazing, that's nonsense. There's not a single CB on the Colts who's had anything but a single good game. Every DB not named Bethea has been shit basically the entire season.

I'd have done neither though. Trading and signing players that aren't QBs very rarely pay dividends. You draft on cheap contracts, built them into your system, and let some other idiot give you a 2nd round pick for am "all world potential" CB or let them walk.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #48
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

There is a much higher possibility of us resigning him before he reaches free agency with him being on our team for two years versus us trying to get him in free agency in two years.

Plus, in this two years with us he will learn the system more and more instead of having to learn it from scratch as a new player in 2014-2015.

If he hits the market and we lose him, we get a comp pick.

That's why you make the trade, for one....and another is he addressed a huge need.

Aside from the Chicago game where he was admittedly bad....he has given up 55 yards including penalties in three games he has played. I did not count the Titans game as he was injured the first series. No touchdowns allowed.

That is superb.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #49
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't wait till the Colts/Broncos playoff game. EPIC. So much fun.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #50
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

I don't like the vontae davis thread either he's been average in my opinion for a 2nd round pick I guess it's somewhat ok but he was never worth a 1st rounder
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #51
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

The Saints WILL beat the Falcons. I'll take any avy bet
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #52
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
How the f**k did we lose to a team that shitty earlier in the season? I guess they still had MJD, but still. And lost on a 70 something yard pass in the final minute. Don't give that up, and Indy is somehow 7-2 right now. Still, if you had told me they'd be 6-3 nine games in, I would've laughed in your face. Still a lot of flaws on the team, but Luck's improvement/emergence and Marvin Harrison have covered up a lot of them.

The rest of the schedule isn't very favorable, so I'd be surprised if we do anything better 8-8 or 9-7 this year, if that. Still got two games against the Texans, @ New England next week, and @ Detroit. That's probably four losses barring a miracle. I guess beating Detroit (even on the road) wouldn't be a huge shock, but winning even one against the Texans and winning in New England would shock me.

Got three winnable games left too, though: vs. Buffalo, vs. Tennessee, and @ KC. Probably best case scenario we finish 4-3 to get to 10-6. Odds are, though, we go something like 3-4 or 2-5 and get to 9-7 or 8-8 which would still be a giant success coming off a 2-14 seasons and starting a rookie QB.

The Colts will probably get a win against the Texans like last year when they were resting their starters. The Texans will probably have home-field locked up by that time anyway.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #53
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

The Texans were resting their starters when we beat you last year?

Pretty sure you guys had a first round bye to play for at that point last year.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #54
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The Texans were resting their starters when we beat you last year?

Pretty sure you guys had a first round bye to play for at that point last year.

Nope. We blew it when we lost to Carolina. The Ravens had it locked up already.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #55
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
The Saints WILL beat the Falcons. I'll take any avy bet
I concur
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #56
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Nope. We blew it when we lost to Carolina. The Ravens had it locked up already.

The Ravens didn't have it locked up. Texans were 10-4 heading into the Indy game....the Ravens were 11-4 with one game remaining, on the road vs. the Bengals.

The Texans were certainly playing for a potential first round bye when we played you in week 16. If you beat us, then if Baltimore lost the next week and you won.... you'd have a first round bye. Nothing was locked up at the time of the Indy game.

You didn't even rest your starter against us. All of the guy who could play, played.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #57
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The Ravens didn't have it locked up. Texans were 10-4 heading into the Indy game....the Ravens were 11-4 with one game remaining, on the road vs. the Bengals.

The Texans were certainly playing for a potential first round bye when we played you in week 16. If you beat us, then if Baltimore lost the next week and you won.... you'd have a first round bye. Nothing was locked up at the time of the Indy game.

You didn't even rest your starter against us. All of the guy who could play, played.

I doubt Baltimore would of lost to Cincinatti if they knew home field advantage was at stake. And we did rest a starter. Perhaps you know who Andre Johnson is? Yeah, he's sort of a big deal. Either way, the Colts probably will get the week 17 win against the Texans because of the Texans resting their starters.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #58
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Giants fell asleep
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #59
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Von Miller sacks Cam Newton and steals his Superman celebration.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #60
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have Willis McGahee on my fantasy team and it still pisses me off sometimes when the Broncos run him. He sucks and they can't run the ball for shit. Kept trying to force run him last week against the Bengals an just got stuffed for a loss on 3rd and 2. You've got Peyton Manning. Just throw a short little flare or curl route and keep the drive alive.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: