Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #241
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
If people haven't figured out yet that a news channel that at one time featured Glenn Beck isn't really a news network, I don't think they'll ever catch on.

An anchor on one of their programs called Nate Silver's mathematically derived permutations 'scientific gobbeldygook'. That should be a red flag about credentials to anyone with even the most basic common sense

Hopefully time will allow the GOP to go through the proper stages of grief and they will return to a more sane, reasonable incarnation of their party. But looks like a lot are going to double down on crazy, if so should be fun watching that train wreck for the next few election cycles.
It's just bizarre. I don't remember who it was... Maybe that General guy... Leading up to the election, he was commenting on how early voting was way down in Ohio and why this was a huge boon for the Republicans. It just so happened that I wrote a story a few hours earlier regarding how successful early voting had been in the state. I had just spoken to several Board of Election officials in many of our most important counties literally a couple hours before I saw the post.

I tried to explain this to him. Apparently, Karl Rove was on FNC ranting about early voting in Ohio being down from '08.

I just don't understand... FNC has such little regard for their viewers, they will lie right to their faces and not fear any repercussions when the results show the opposite of what their so called experts had been preaching.

Rove knew early voting in Ohio was up from '08. It is something very easily checked. FoxNews deemed it was better for "the bubble" if they just made up figures to match their desired reality. But, their viewers don't get angry at the news outlet for being totally dishonest with them... They get angry at the facts themselves for not following the narrative.

Wake up for god's sake. For your own sake.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-09-2012 at 08:26 PM.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #242
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
The right wing radio hacks are a serious problem but in a culture where attention seeking personalities have to say the most ridiculous and absurd for personal gain, profit, etc. you can see why these people exist across the board among many media outlets. Whether it is in sports journalism(Stephen A., Skip, etc) or in the political discourse.

Honestly, I think guys like Beck, Hannity, etc got together to pop some champagne after Obama officially won re-election. I mean what the hell would they do if he lost? Spend all their conspiracy theory time praising Romney? I didn't even know Beck had his own radio show post Fox until someone here posted that vid of him ranting about leaving civilization and stocking up on arms the day after the election.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #243
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Why is everything a conspiracy for GOP supporters???

they seem to be looking for someone to blame, they want to blame anyone but themselves. which is bad for them, because if they don't change they are only going to become more and more marginalized.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #244
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Barely...

Seriously, by the time he was finished, we had endured the greatest terror attack in modern American history. We were involved in two unfunded wars, one of which there was not a single good explanation for starting. Habeas Corpus had essentially been abolished. The banking system had completely collapsed, almost taking down the entire world market with it.

And Obama... Let's see, he has instituted Bob Dole's old health reform initiative and he apparently hasn't completely turned around the economy fast enough.

Just like with the 2000 election that I talked about earlier in the thread, could you imagine if the roles were reversed, here?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #245
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
It's just bizarre. I don't remember who it was... Maybe that General guy... Leading up to the election, he was commenting on how early voting was way down in Ohio and why this was a huge boon for the Republicans. It just so happened that I wrote a story a few hours earlier regarding how successful early voting had been in the state. I had just spoken to several Board of Election officials in many of our most important counties literally a couple hours before I saw the post.

I tried to explain this to him. Apparently, Karl Rove was on FNC ranting about early voting in Ohio being down from '08.

I just don't understand... FNC has such little regard for their viewers, they will lie right to their faces and not fear any repercussions when the results show the opposite of what their so called experts have been preaching.

They knew early voting in Ohio was up from '08. It is something very easily checked. But, their viewers don't get angry at the news outlet for being totally dishonest with them... They get angry at the facts themselves for not following the narrative.

Wake up for god's sake. For your own sake.

Yeah I remember that discussion you had with General where you politely explained to him why Rove was clearly wrong. I remember specifically because I think a day after that I ran across an article where it was made clear that early voting was significantly higher this time around in Ohio then it was in '08 and I was going to post it in that thread but I couldn't find it. But it was hilarious and a bit troubling to see him and Rove make fools of themselves and do their best to turn a blind eye to the truth that was staring them in their face. There's this strange willful ignorance and self delusion that is pervading certain factions of that party.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #246
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
they seem to be looking for someone to blame, they want to blame anyone but themselves. which is bad for them, because if they don't change they are only going to become more and more marginalized.

Republicans are the ones who don't blame themselves? Which party is it rely on the government to pay for them?
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #247
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
Republicans are the ones who don't blame themselves? Which party is it rely on the government to pay for them?

Are you drunk right now?
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #248
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

Well even before the election i had a republican friend telling me how Obama was born in Africa, how Osama was still alive, how they were going to take guns away from people, etc. I'm actually a right of center person and it really turned me off from the GOP.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #249
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Isn't there statistics that a plurality of the 47% are GOP supporters??? when you factor other statistics about the education level of states that vote GOP and that they are usually subsidies by Democrat states, then it leads me to ask WTF are you talking about???
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #250
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Love your avi
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan1234

I have to say the best part, which I didn't expect is reading some new Fox-News inspired post and seeing beach Obama, it gives me this tiny burst of cognitive dissonance, then I remember it's longhorn.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #251
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Shock, anger, displacement of that anger, seething hate, learn nothing: The 5Stages of FOX News Grief
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #252
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Not sure how many of you have clicked on FoxNews for a few moments today, but they're at it again... Now, it is Petraeus' resignation as a result of his affair that is a huge conspiracy spearheaded by Obama. I just heard one of their commentators describe it as "bigger than Watergate" on their now nonstop coverage of the resignation, which has warped into the massive coverup of Benghazi.

They've clearly gotten up, dusted themselves off, and gotten back to their normal programming, which is campaigning against the President of the United States 24 hours a day, seven days a week... Even though they can no longer beat him in an election.

I guess their end-game now is attempted impeachment if the Watergate comment is any indication. Doesn't there come a point, though, where even if Obama really did take part in some wide-ranging conspiracy, they've lost all capital with any reasonable human beings? They have gone well past the "boy who cried wolf" territory.

How many "bigger than Watergates" have there been for Obama via Fox News now?

I can think of, just off the top of my head...

1. The New Black Panther Party Scandel - Some guys carrying night stickes at a polling place were acquitted of any charges by a personal step-in via Obama.

2. Solyndra - A green company which was given a loan by the federal government later filed for bankruptcy. And... That was pretty much it. IMPEACH!

3. Fast and Furious - Convoluted scheme later debunked by Fortune Magazine, which is not exactly a bastion of left-wing journalism (among others).

4. FNC accuses the White House of high level leaks regarding a "kill list." Again, roundly dismissed.

5. Benghazi attack.

And now, this...

Please note, that makes six "bigger than Watergates" since Obama has been in office that I can think of... Probably more that I'm forgetting. This means the over/under on the next four years is five "bigger than Watergates." Who wants to take the odds? I'm saying over.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #253
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #254
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Red states and corporations.
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #255
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
I don't watch MSNBC but someone posted this on facebook and I thought it was the best closing statement possible on the campaign season and election.

Truth Hurts

That was just disgusting. She does not play any games, nor mince her words.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: