Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #61
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,985
sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
am i missing something? didn't obama win the popular vote as well?

from a quick google search
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2087038.html
In the instance of my FB friend I had to inform him that at the time only 5% of California's vote had been counted and at the time Nevada and I believe Colorado hadn't even been reported.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #62
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,742
Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
am i missing something? didn't obama win the popular vote as well?
Right wingers are fascists, and fascists love their fascist propaganda.

It's a pitty these christians\right wing nutjobs will never realize they are nothing but evolution left overs, they belong in the 15th century not the 21th century.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #63
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,513
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
"I can't stop crying. America died."



Funniest thing I've ever read.


yeah that, and any mention of Saul Alinsky. lol
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #64
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,657
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
am i missing something? didn't obama win the popular vote as well?

from a quick google search
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2087038.html
So, Obama currently leads the popular vote 50.1% to 48.4%. That is almost exactly the margin for George W. Bush over John Kerry in '04. That popular vote ended 50.7 to 48.3. I don't remember Democrats ever contesting the validity of that vote.

Can you imagine the outright civil war we would have in this country if something like what happened in 2000 to the Democratic nominee ever happened to a Republican candidate? Not only did Gore win the popular vote, but a mandatory recount in Florida was stopped by a conservative state supreme court "for the good of the country."

I honestly believe that if the roles were reversed, there would be an actual war.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #65
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,766
MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
So, Obama currently leads the popular vote 50.1% to 48.4%. That is almost exactly the margin for George W. Bush over John Kerry in '04. That popular vote ended 50.7 to 48.3. I don't remember Democrats ever contesting the validity of that vote.

Can you imagine the outright civil war we would have in this country if something like what happened in 2000 to the Democratic nominee ever happened to a Republican candidate? Not only did Gore win the popular vote, but a mandatory recount in Florida was stopped by a conservative state supreme court "for the good of the country."

I honestly believe that if the roles were reversed, there would be an actual war.

Lol those guys are all talk, just tough guys on the internet.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #66
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 11,439
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

http://i.imgur.com/D9RAo.jpg?1
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #67
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,260
TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

wow, they are dense, a lot of that red are not heavily populated areas, if land mass could vote, Democrats would be in trouble.
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #68
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,622
johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I honestly believe that if the roles were reversed, there would be an actual war.


No you don't. Your point is taken, but that's pretty outlandish.

I think it's laughable though that people seem to think Romney lost because he was too moderate.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #69
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 12,152
DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Replace James Meredith with Barack Obama and it seems some on the Ole Miss campus think it's still 1962
Ole Miss chancellor denounces campus protests sparked by Obama re-election

University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones says he is disappointed in the “immature and uncivil approach” taken by some students following Tuesday night’s election results, which resulted in hours of on-campus protesting that has now become a national news story.

A statement released by the university Wednesday says some students notified university police that people were gathering near the student union to protest President Barack Obama’s reelection.

Officers arrived to find about 30-40 students in front of the union, which quickly grew to more 400 students within 20 minutes.

UPD ordered the group to return to their residence halls, which took about 25 minutes, according to the statement. But another group of about 100 students gathered at another residence hall soon after. Officers made two arrests for disorderly conduct: one for public intoxication and one for failure to comply with police orders.

Jones said social media played a huge role in both prompting the gathering and spreading misinformation about what actually happened.

Initial reports on Twitter labeled the gathering as a “riot,” but many observers say it was simply a small group of angry students assembled in protest. Photos quickly spread on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram of students gathered on campus, including one photo showing a Obama/Biden campaign sign that had been set on fire.

“Unfortunately, early news reports quoted social media comments that were inaccurate,” he said. “Too, some photographs published in social media portrayed events that police did not observe on campus. Nevertheless, the reports of uncivil language and shouted racial epithets appear to be accurate and are universally condemned by the university, student leaders and the vast majority of students who are more representative of our university creed.”

Jones said parents are being notified that “one of America’s safest campuses is safe again this morning, though all of us are ashamed of the few students who have negatively affected the reputations of each of us and of our university.”

According to various media reports, no students were hurt during the protests.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...nclick_check=1
Sometimes I wonder if allowing the South to secede wasn't such a bad idea after all.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #70
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year
 
MavsSuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,766
MavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputationMavsSuperFan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Replace James Meredith with Barack Obama and it seems some on the Ole Miss campus think it's still 1962
Ole Miss chancellor denounces campus protests sparked by Obama re-election

University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones says he is disappointed in the “immature and uncivil approach” taken by some students following Tuesday night’s election results, which resulted in hours of on-campus protesting that has now become a national news story.

A statement released by the university Wednesday says some students notified university police that people were gathering near the student union to protest President Barack Obama’s reelection.

Officers arrived to find about 30-40 students in front of the union, which quickly grew to more 400 students within 20 minutes.

UPD ordered the group to return to their residence halls, which took about 25 minutes, according to the statement. But another group of about 100 students gathered at another residence hall soon after. Officers made two arrests for disorderly conduct: one for public intoxication and one for failure to comply with police orders.

Jones said social media played a huge role in both prompting the gathering and spreading misinformation about what actually happened.

Initial reports on Twitter labeled the gathering as a “riot,” but many observers say it was simply a small group of angry students assembled in protest. Photos quickly spread on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram of students gathered on campus, including one photo showing a Obama/Biden campaign sign that had been set on fire.

“Unfortunately, early news reports quoted social media comments that were inaccurate,” he said. “Too, some photographs published in social media portrayed events that police did not observe on campus. Nevertheless, the reports of uncivil language and shouted racial epithets appear to be accurate and are universally condemned by the university, student leaders and the vast majority of students who are more representative of our university creed.”

Jones said parents are being notified that “one of America’s safest campuses is safe again this morning, though all of us are ashamed of the few students who have negatively affected the reputations of each of us and of our university.”

According to various media reports, no students were hurt during the protests.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...nclick_check=1
Sometimes I wonder if allowing the South to secede wasn't such a bad idea after all.

The only loss would be the coal and oil resources.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #71
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,892
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
I have very mixed feelings about the emotional responses from outrageous people last night. The main positive is that all of the people on here and elsewhere that like to paint America as a place where race is rarely an issue can shut the f up now. I've seen and heard many racist posts many of which include the N word. Just plain hateful and despicable things were said and it came from a real place. That's what scares me. As a black man, you try to move on with your life but the attitudes that were ever so present 50 years ago have not diminished as much as I thought they have or have been told so.

These feelings and beliefs have just been hidden and rise when provoked.

One example I saw from tumblr:

http://whitepplsayingthen-word.tumbl...st/35184493675

EDIT: Just check out the whole tumblr... shit is appalling.


Keep in mind that blacks are only 13% of the population in this country but Obama has been elected twice.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #72
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,657
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Lol those guys are all talk, just tough guys on the internet.
No... Don't let them fool you. There are a fair number of people who genuinely believe the country is being taken over by communists and/or socialists and our freedom is in peril. I have little doubt that -- if the roles were reversed as I described above -- some would attempt to take matters into their own hands.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #73
code green
C's Fan since Dee
 
code green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 2,448
code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Everyone calls the Republicans backwards, old-thinking, too redneck....and yet they feel like they need to get even more conservative. The GOP doesn't need to get more conservative, what they need to do is get off their high-horses and take a look at some of their own that left to go Libertarian. I really think they're on to something, as radical as they sound. The Republicans desperately tried to shove Ron Paul out of the spotlight, to the point where they basically cut the mic on anyone that brought him up at the RNC. Not saying he's the answer (not exactly a spring chicken), although I'd love for him to be my president. If not him, then someone younger and at someone with at least a damn ounce of charisma.

As a Republican, I very confidently put in a vote for McCain....I just couldn't do it for Romney. We need to take a good look at candidates starting TODAY to try to break the stereotypical Republican choice, because it's clearly not what America is looking for right now. Also as a Republican, I tip my hat to Obama and his supporters. I strongly disagree with his economic policies, but I'll still support my president.


MY POINT: We're not all redneck, hillbilly cvnts who think this is the death of America.

Last edited by code green : 11-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #74
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,657
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen


No you don't. Your point is taken, but that's pretty outlandish.

I think it's laughable though that people seem to think Romney lost because he was too moderate.
No, I truly believe that people would die. I'm not saying it would be akin to the American Civil War, but I would expect insane Tea Party militias to form and attempt to "take back their government."

I think people underestimate how powerful this rhetoric truly is. Yeah, some people are just venting, but others are deadly serious.

Those circumstances were outlandish.

Let's just say that Obama had a brother who was governor of Ohio, which is the state that decided the election. There was also a liberal state supreme court in place. The election percentages were in the margin to induce a mandatory recount, but Ohio -- a state controlled by Democrats, namely Obama's brother -- stopped the recount and simply awarded the election to Obama.

You don't think things would get really ugly in that circumstance? If these people react to a completely valid election with this kind of vitriol, what if there was truly something that could realistically be termed a partisan takeover of the White House? The political air wasn't nearly as toxic then as it is now (and it was damn toxic).

It would get out of control.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-07-2012 at 07:41 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #75
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 11,439
Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
No, I truly believe that people would die. I'm not saying it would be akin to the American Civil War, but I would expect insane Tea Party militias to form and attempt to "take back their government."

I think people underestimate how powerful this rhetoric truly is. Yeah, some people are just venting, but others are deadly serious.

Those circumstances were outlandish and, if these people react to a completely valid election with this kind of vitriol, what if there was truly something that could realistically be termed a partisan takeover of the White House? The political air wasn't nearly as toxic then as it is now (and it was damn toxic).

It would get out of control.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy