Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #121
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,557
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
this is like a Romney post after the first debate. come across as moderate so you can counter the right wing rep/accusation...

i wonder where that thought was before now


Unlike you I'm not a blind follower. I can see both sides of an issue.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #122
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,814
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Unlike you I'm not a blind follower. I can see both sides of an issue.


lmao

only now you see both sides after your recent 'moderate' post because i called you out for being right wing while always fronting like you're bipartisan

i'm so in your head its hilarious. and fyi i've always admitted to leaning left but i've at least made quite a few posts here criticizing the left or in favor of some things on the right, unlike you until very recently.

and quite honestly i don't think u care about anything that isn't directly relevant to you which is why almost every political post you've made here has been critical of being taxed more with this woe is me how hard it is to live on making over $250k and getting taxed more. typical selfish prick
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #123
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,180
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
this is like a Romney post after the first debate. come across as moderate so you can counter the right wing rep/accusation...

i wonder where that thought was before now

You keep acting like all Republicans are stupid religious extremists who hate gays and believe in creationism and shit.

Do you not understand that is only the extremely far right?

That would be like me assuming that every liberal is a gay vegan hippy communist who believes in astrology.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #124
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,325
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You keep acting like all Republicans are stupid religious extremists who hate gays and believe in creationism and shit.

Do you not understand that is only the extremely far right?

That would be like me assuming that every liberal is a gay vegan hippy communist who believes in astrology.


Good point he has here....
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #125
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,814
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You keep acting like all Republicans are stupid religious extremists who hate gays and believe in creationism and shit.

Do you not understand that is only the extremely far right?

That would be like me assuming that every liberal is a gay vegan hippy communist who believes in astrology.


no i never said that, i specifically mentioned his posts here. all of his political posts have been claiming he's independent or in the middle while every side he's taken has been from the right very critical of the left.

and every time i generalize the far right i'll always mention "far right" or its implied. feel free to link any post i've made where i've generalized all of the Republicans that way. in fact just yesterday i made the distinction that not all or even most of the right are probably racist, or maybe it was earlier today. i can't remember.

altho i don't think the selfishness from those earning over $250k is a far right mindset more than most or many Republicans.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #126
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,557
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
lmao

only now you see both sides after your recent 'moderate' post because i called you out for being right wing while always fronting like you're bipartisan

i'm so in your head its hilarious. and fyi i've always admitted to leaning left but i've at least made quite a few posts here criticizing the left or in favor of some things on the right, unlike you until very recently.

and quite honestly i don't think u care about anything that isn't directly relevant to you which is why almost every political post you've made here has been critical of being taxed more with this woe is me how hard it is to live on making over $250k and getting taxed more. typical selfish prick




Dont' let the fact that you know literally nothing about me cloud your judgement.

I voted a split ticket btw. You probably just voted straight Democrat and called it a day, if you're even old enough to vote.

I was very, very much against North Carolina's Amendment 1 defining marriage as only between a man and a woman and I voted against it. I firmly believe that religion has no place in governing a state or a nation despite the fact that I am a practicing Catholic.

There are flaws in both parties. I agree with the Democrats on a lot of issues, especially social ones, and with the Republicans on some, not all fiscal issues.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #127
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 9,309
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

wow, you two dudes still going at it?
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #128
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,814
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul


Dont' let the fact that you know literally nothing about me cloud your judgement.

I voted a split ticket btw. You probably just voted straight Democrat and called it a day, if you're even old enough to vote.

I was very, very much against North Carolina's Amendment 1 defining marriage as only between a man and a woman and I voted against it. I firmly believe that religion has no place in governing a state or a nation despite the fact that I am a practicing Catholic.

There are flaws in both parties. I agree with the Democrats on a lot of issues, especially social ones, and with the Republicans on some, not all fiscal issues.


i know you're a dentist that likes to cook, that you claim to be in the middle but always attacking the left with right wing propaganda or exaggerations, and your biggest gripe seems to be having to pay higher taxes because you earn over $250k. feel free to tell me where i'm wrong with any of that in relation to your posts here, better yet quote where you said otherwise to prove me wrong. too bad you can't.

it is funny tho how you just claimed to be a not take anything seriously guy but seem pretty serious right now thats why i didn't believe any of your defense mechanisms or excuses to pretend your shots at me were said in jest and how i'm supposed to take them that way. you blow a lot of smoke after the fact
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #129
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,557
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i know you're a dentist that likes to cook, that you claim to be in the middle but always attacking the left with right wing propaganda or exaggerations, and your biggest gripe seems to be having to pay higher taxes because you earn over $250k. feel free to tell me where i'm wrong with any of that in relation to your posts here, better yet quote where you said otherwise to prove me wrong. too bad you can't.

it is funny tho how you just claimed to be a not take anything seriously guy but seem pretty serious right now thats why i didn't believe any of your defense mechanisms or excuses to pretend your shots at me were said in jest and how i'm supposed to take them that way. you blow a lot of smoke after the fact




I should know better but I'll end with this: Of course there are things I take seriously. I just don't take myself so seriously. You should try it.

You obviously pay no taxes. Good for you. A lot of those of us paying at the highest percentages (much higher than Romney I might add) think that true tax reform is needed. Personally I get tired of being lumped in with the 1%. I have no qualms about paying my fair share but I shouldn't be demonized just because I happen to be modestly successful.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #130
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,145
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

I think we'll see who really won when the government collapses within the next 20 years.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #131
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,557
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math2
I think we'll see who really won when the government collapses within the next 20 years.


Will that coincide with the zombie apocalypse?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #132
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Godzuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,814
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul


I should know better but I'll end with this: Of course there are things I take seriously. I just don't take myself so seriously. You should try it.

You obviously pay no taxes. Good for you. A lot of those of us paying at the highest percentages (much higher than Romney I might add) think that true tax reform is needed. Personally I get tired of being lumped in with the 1%. I have no qualms about paying my fair share but I shouldn't be demonized just because I happen to be modestly successful.


nah i'd rather just test you randomly to see if you do or don't, or possibly in the end have to put me on ignore eventually because u do. lets see just how true that claim is...afterall whatever i say to offend you shouldn't matter because u don't take yourself seriously, right?

i think the 1% referred to millionaires, not the $250k'ers. its also proportional to what you earn, and its relative to what most in the country earn and live off of. thats the laughable part of the woe is me's from people like you that complain so much how hard you have it when there are so many more that are scraping to get by. i'll never buy into that BS or this idea that earning >$250k isn't much to live off of
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #133
Math2
Local High School Star
 
Math2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,145
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Will that coincide with the zombie apocalypse?

No, it coincides with an unsustainable economic system in which people don't work, they just get free stuff. Communism is unsustainable, as is the socialism that the government employs today. Look at Europe and how they've fallen after using a welfare based economy.
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #134
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,557
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
nah i'd rather just test you randomly to see if you do or don't, or possibly in the end have to put me on ignore eventually because u do. lets see just how true that claim is...afterall whatever i say to offend you shouldn't matter because u don't take yourself seriously, right?

i think the 1% referred to millionaires, not the $250k'ers. its also proportional to what you earn, and its relative to what most in the country earn and live off of. thats the laughable part of the woe is me's from people like you that complain so much how hard you have it when there are so many more that are scraping to get by. i'll never buy into that BS or this idea that earning >$250k isn't much to live off of


You realize I have employees right? My business not only supports me but them and their families too. But no, successful people are the scourge of society.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict you will never earn >$250k
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #135
Droid101
NBA Superstar
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 13,797
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
You realize I have employees right? My business not only supports me but them and their families too.
But giving them healthcare is just horrible!!
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy