Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #121
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GOP Butthurt Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Not worth the effort.

As to the OP: In elections past there was butthurt with the losers, but that dissipated over time. But nowadays with Fox News and MSNBC among others, the butthurt inertia keeps being perpetuated. It's ridiculous. Bitch and moan if you want to but then get over it. It doesn't do anyone any good to keep fanning the flames.

It'll be interesting to see where we are as a nation in 4 years. Legalizing weed and gay marriage are steps in the right direction imo. The Democrats definitely got on the right side of those issues. Fiscally I'm hoping for the best but fearing things will get worse.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #122
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #123
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Not worth the effort.

As to the OP: In elections past there was butthurt with the losers, but that dissipated over time. But nowadays with Fox News and MSNBC among others, the butthurt inertia keeps being perpetuated. It's ridiculous. Bitch and moan if you want to but then get over it. It doesn't do anyone any good to keep fanning the flames.

It'll be interesting to see where we are as a nation in 4 years. Legalizing weed and gay marriage are steps in the right direction imo. The Democrats definitely got on the right side of those issues. Fiscally I'm hoping for the best but fearing things will get worse.

this is like a Romney post after the first debate. come across as moderate so you can counter the right wing rep/accusation...

i wonder where that thought was before now
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #124
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
You know I anticipated that reply, but then I thought...."N'ah not even Rufus would give me that old silliness."

Anyhow you know what to do. Go down to your local American car dealership and "Sh*t on their lawn!"

He's right to a degree. Of course government isn't "running" (like CEO running) but they bailed out the auto industry and the banks and pass bills that force corporations to do certain things or get fined.

To an extent, that's running the company.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #125
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
He's right to a degree. Of course government isn't "running" (like CEO running) but they bailed out the auto industry and the banks and pass bills that force corporations to do certain things or get fined.

no its more like investing which is what it was, since we're making money on it. running would be like a CEO making those day to day decisions. the term 'running' is only used to exaggerate our stake in it for obvious agendas some people have.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #126
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status

My post was tongue-in-cheek to a degree but this is the gist of it. It's government financing and steering a private enterprise, for better or worse.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #127
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
this is like a Romney post after the first debate. come across as moderate so you can counter the right wing rep/accusation...

Unlike you I'm not a blind follower. I can see both sides of an issue.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #128
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Quote:
Unlike you I'm not a blind follower. I can see both sides of an issue.

lmao

only now you see both sides after your recent 'moderate' post because i called you out for being right wing while always fronting like you're bipartisan

i'm so in your head its hilarious. and fyi i've always admitted to leaning left but i've at least made quite a few posts here criticizing the left or in favor of some things on the right, unlike you until very recently.

and quite honestly i don't think u care about anything that isn't directly relevant to you which is why almost every political post you've made here has been critical of being taxed more with this woe is me how hard it is to live on making over $250k and getting taxed more. typical selfish prick
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #129
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

You keep acting like all Republicans are stupid religious extremists who hate gays and believe in creationism and shit.

Do you not understand that is only the extremely far right?

That would be like me assuming that every liberal is a gay vegan hippy communist who believes in astrology.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #130
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You keep acting like all Republicans are stupid religious extremists who hate gays and believe in creationism and shit.

That would be like me assuming that every liberal is a gay vegan hippy communist who believes in astrology.

Good point he has here....
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #131
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls

no i never said that, i specifically mentioned his posts here. all of his political posts have been claiming he's independent or in the middle while every side he's taken has been from the right very critical of the left.

and every time i generalize the far right i'll always mention "far right" or its implied. feel free to link any post i've made where i've generalized all of the Republicans that way. in fact just yesterday i made the distinction that not all or even most of the right are probably racist, or maybe it was earlier today. i can't remember.

altho i don't think the selfishness from those earning over $250k is a far right mindset more than most or many Republicans.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #132
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
lmao

only now you see both sides after your recent 'moderate' post because i called you out for being right wing while always fronting like you're bipartisan

i'm so in your head its hilarious. and fyi i've always admitted to leaning left but i've at least made quite a few posts here criticizing the left or in favor of some things on the right, unlike you until very recently.

and quite honestly i don't think u care about anything that isn't directly relevant to you which is why almost every political post you've made here has been critical of being taxed more with this woe is me how hard it is to live on making over $250k and getting taxed more. typical selfish prick

Dont' let the fact that you know literally nothing about me cloud your judgement.

I voted a split ticket btw. You probably just voted straight Democrat and called it a day, if you're even old enough to vote.

I was very, very much against North Carolina's Amendment 1 defining marriage as only between a man and a woman and I voted against it. I firmly believe that religion has no place in governing a state or a nation despite the fact that I am a practicing Catholic.

There are flaws in both parties. I agree with the Democrats on a lot of issues, especially social ones, and with the Republicans on some, not all fiscal issues.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #133
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

wow, you two dudes still going at it?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #134
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Quote:

Dont' let the fact that you know literally nothing about me cloud your judgement.

I voted a split ticket btw. You probably just voted straight Democrat and called it a day, if you're even old enough to vote.

I was very, very much against North Carolina's Amendment 1 defining marriage as only between a man and a woman and I voted against it. I firmly believe that religion has no place in governing a state or a nation despite the fact that I am a practicing Catholic.

There are flaws in both parties. I agree with the Democrats on a lot of issues, especially social ones, and with the Republicans on some, not all fiscal issues.

i know you're a dentist that likes to cook, that you claim to be in the middle but always attacking the left with right wing propaganda or exaggerations, and your biggest gripe seems to be having to pay higher taxes because you earn over $250k. feel free to tell me where i'm wrong with any of that in relation to your posts here, better yet quote where you said otherwise to prove me wrong. too bad you can't.

it is funny tho how you just claimed to be a not take anything seriously guy but seem pretty serious right now thats why i didn't believe any of your defense mechanisms or excuses to pretend your shots at me were said in jest and how i'm supposed to take them that way. you blow a lot of smoke after the fact
Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #135
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
i know you're a dentist that likes to cook, that you claim to be in the middle but always attacking the left with right wing propaganda or exaggerations, and your biggest gripe seems to be having to pay higher taxes because you earn over $250k. feel free to tell me where i'm wrong with any of that in relation to your posts here, better yet quote where you said otherwise to prove me wrong. too bad you can't.

it is funny tho how you just claimed to be a not take anything seriously guy but seem pretty serious right now thats why i didn't believe any of your defense mechanisms or excuses to pretend your shots at me were said in jest and how i'm supposed to take them that way. you blow a lot of smoke after the fact

I should know better but I'll end with this: Of course there are things I take seriously. I just don't take myself so seriously. You should try it.

You obviously pay no taxes. Good for you. A lot of those of us paying at the highest percentages (much higher than Romney I might add) think that true tax reform is needed. Personally I get tired of being lumped in with the 1%. I have no qualms about paying my fair share but I shouldn't be demonized just because I happen to be modestly successful.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: