Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
Sicknote
National High School Star
 
Sicknote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 21 Shump St
Posts: 2,016
Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

i'd go with the lexus, the maintenance for the bmw will be a huge hole in your pocket
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,443
Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Getting a used luxury car (10+ years old) is so thirsty
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
cuad
kings fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,341
cuad has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
grow up. get a reliable affordable high gas mileage car. stop trying to look like you have money with a 10 year old luxury beater.
I agree with this a lot as the son of a dude who bought a 10 year old shitty lexus.

Plus, you don't want to deal with Lexus people. They're horrid.
cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,184
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

I'll sell you my green Geo Prism for positive rep. Serious. You can sell it when you get it if you want.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #20
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

I drive a '01 gs300 and besides a few tire problems, and electrical issues I haven't had any problems with it what so ever. I have about 115k on it and even if I get another car I'm going to hold on to the gs till it dies on me. It was my first car that I purchased myself in '04 so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. My friends have beamers and maintenance is worse than a cold hearted gold digger. I highly recommend the GS!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 AM   #21
KB8tHeGrEaT
Co-Owner of Lakers
 
KB8tHeGrEaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: City of Angels S.Central LA
Posts: 238
KB8tHeGrEaT is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
I drive a '01 gs300 and besides a few tire problems, and electrical issues I haven't had any problems with it what so ever. I have about 115k on it and even if I get another car I'm going to hold on to the gs till it dies on me. It was my first car that I purchased myself in '04 so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. My friends have beamers and maintenance is worse than a cold hearted gold digger. I highly recommend the GS!

Thanks for the positive insight bro, yeah i really like that car especially the white pearl one its so Nice.
I'm thinking of putting 22s on it lol. And with the tail some have and the gold letters and gold Lexus logo. So boss i'm young so its a good second car.
Any more insightful information i should know ? How much is one going for now is 6gs good deal or even 5500 ? That's my range.

Last edited by KB8tHeGrEaT : 11-11-2012 at 02:18 AM.
KB8tHeGrEaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #22
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB8tHeGrEaT
Thanks for the positive insight bro, yeah i really like that car especially the white pearl one its so Nice.
I'm thinking of putting 22s on it lol. And with the tail some have and the gold letters and gold Lexus logo. So boss i'm young so its a good second car.
Any more insightful information i should know ? How much is one going for now is 6gs good deal or even 5500 ? That's my range.

It depends on a bunch of different factors, condition, mileage, how frequently previous owners have the oil changed, has it ever been in a wreck, has the engine ever been worked on, is it from a place with a lot of snow (rust), etc et etc...

I think your priorities are all wrong here man. I 2nd what somebody else said, quit trying to look rich with a 10 year old luxury car and shitty rims and get something responsible with good gas mileage
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #23
KB8tHeGrEaT
Co-Owner of Lakers
 
KB8tHeGrEaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: City of Angels S.Central LA
Posts: 238
KB8tHeGrEaT is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
It depends on a bunch of different factors, condition, mileage, how frequently previous owners have the oil changed, has it ever been in a wreck, has the engine ever been worked on, is it from a place with a lot of snow (rust), etc et etc...

I think your priorities are all wrong here man. I 2nd what somebody else said, quit trying to look rich with a 10 year old luxury car and shitty rims and get something responsible with good gas mileage

I know that and i'm not trying to look rich man lol, i just really like that car in particular. I drive an accord 01 luxury edition with 18s its nice but i need that Lexus.
KB8tHeGrEaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Lexus. Significantly better quality and reliability as a Toyota product. BMW basically will just have more gadgets which means more problems, not to mention the car reliability is worse to begin with. I personally prefer the look of car and engine smoothness of Lexus as well.

Lexus GS300:

Pros:

-Better reliability.
-More power.
-Easier and cheaper to maintain.
-Amazing transmissions.
-Cheaper to buy used or new.

Cons:

-Worse gas mileage.
-Less space.



BMW 5 series:

Pros:

-Better gas mileage.
-More space in seats and storage.
-Quieter ride.
-A bit more upscale and luxurious.

Cons:

-Much heavier as well as less power, which makes for a very sluggish car lacking performance.
-More expensive both to buy and maintain.
-Not known for reliability like the Lexus although it's not bad in that regard.
-BMW much like competitor Audi is plagued with electronic failures due to having SO MANY electronics and gadgets. You think this is cheap but trust me electrical issues can add up to be thousands of dollars.


It must be noted though that these cars aren't made to compete. The GS300 is a competitor for the smaller, lighter 3 series BMW. Bottom line though between these two is if you want reliability, more performance and versatility for a few grand cheaper go for the Lexus. If your main thing is luxury, comfort, storage space and gas mileage choose the BMW.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #25
KB8tHeGrEaT
Co-Owner of Lakers
 
KB8tHeGrEaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: City of Angels S.Central LA
Posts: 238
KB8tHeGrEaT is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Lexus. Significantly better quality and reliability as a Toyota product. BMW basically will just have more gadgets which means more problems, not to mention the car reliability is worse to begin with. I personally prefer the look of car and engine smoothness of Lexus as well.

Lexus GS300:

Pros:

-Better reliability.
-More power.
-Easier and cheaper to maintain.
-Amazing transmissions.
-Cheaper to buy used or new.

Cons:

-Worse gas mileage.
-Less space.



BMW 5 series:

Pros:

-Better gas mileage.
-More space in seats and storage.
-Quieter ride.
-A bit more upscale and luxurious.

Cons:

-Much heavier as well as less power, which makes for a very sluggish car lacking performance.
-More expensive both to buy and maintain.
-Not known for reliability like the Lexus although it's not bad in that regard.
-BMW much like competitor Audi is plagued with electronic failures due to having SO MANY electronics and gadgets. You think this is cheap but trust me electrical issues can add up to be thousands of dollars.


It must be noted though that these cars aren't made to compete. The GS300 is a competitor for the smaller, lighter 3 series BMW. Bottom line though between these two is if you want reliability, more performance and versatility for a few grand cheaper go for the Lexus. If your main thing is luxury, comfort, storage space and gas mileage choose the BMW.

Can you do pros and cons for the Mercedes e300 same years category.
KB8tHeGrEaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #26
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

100% def go with the GS. I've owned a GS in the past, beast will last you forever.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #27
highwhey
el vato encabronado
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 5,982
highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Dont get the bimmer. Even if you have some mechanical aptitude, the parts are expensive. I have an e46, i love it but maintanace/repairs are costly. I wish i would have gotten an accord or something :/

Gas mileage is a btch too. ~18mpg
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
Dont get the bimmer. Even if you have some mechanical aptitude, the parts are expensive. I have an e46, i love it but maintanace/repairs are costly. I wish i would have gotten an accord or something :/

Gas mileage is a btch too. ~18mpg

I thought the BMW had a higher quoted MPG? Either way go Lexus man. As for Mercedes OP don't mess with them, even worse than these two IMO.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,109
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Dont know how German car parts/service/repairs cost over there in USA but over here in Europe German cars (BMW, Audi, Merc-Benz) is the most bang for the money you can get in any way, quality, engineering, safety, performance, mileage, endurance, service, you name it... you can get one that has some of those categories as priority or get one that combines it all...

Last edited by pauk : 11-11-2012 at 03:11 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,073
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lexus GS300 or BMW 5 series ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Dont know how German car parts/service/repairs cost over there in USA but over here in Europe German (BMW, Audi, Merc-Benz) cars is the most bang for the money you can get in any way, quality, engineering, safety, performance, mileage, endurance, service, you name it...
not really
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy