Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #46
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Is California the best state in the US to live in?

Too expensive, too much traffic.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #47
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Where in Texas did you live?
El Paso probably.

Cali has Earthquakes.

Also, Houston rap > Cali rap as LA are hip-hop is the most overrated hip-hop ever. Bay Area shit is tight though.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #48
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

What does Texas have over Florida?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #49
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
What does Texas have over Florida?
An economy

Hell half of Dallas is composed of people from Florida and Cali
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #50
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Northern California is really great. Quite enjoyed my time out there.

Southern California (LA) was a miserable place, I thought. Too much traffic, the smog was flat-out disturbing, the mass of humanity is off-putting, I found it to have a very "cold" vibe despite the weather... Just not an enjoyable place to be.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #51
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Southern California is probably the worst when it comes to traffic. Maybe NYC has it worst but I've never been there.

California's biggest asset is probably its diversity though. Just about every section of the state has a majority whether it's asians, blacks, hispanics, and then whites.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:09 AM   #52
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Southern California is probably the worst when it comes to traffic. Maybe NYC has it worst but I've never been there.

California's biggest asset is probably its diversity though. Just about every section of the state has a majority whether it's asians, blacks, hispanics, and then whites.
Traffic is absolutely not an issue in NYC. You don't need a car to get around Manhattan very easily and efficiently. The public transit is fantastic. You can live a full, very happy life in Manhattan and never own a car.

The other Burroughs, I've always found, are pretty easy to get around in a car.

I've spent a lot of time in NYC and getting around is never an issue.

The only place I've been that compares to LA in terms of traffic is Washington D.C. and the surrounding suburbs. Even that doesn't even compare.

LA is a hellhole, imo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #53
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cr7D8MKuSE
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #54
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
northern cali, yes. you southern nigguhs can eat a dick
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #55
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There are some amazing places to live in California if you have money... but as a whole the State is falling apart.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #56
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

My condo in Dallas would cost 3 mill in most of Cali

It's not even close to that expensive, especially now that housing market has bottomed out. For 3 million I'll get you a 5 bed 4 bath mansion on 2 acres in some of the most desirable areas in the State.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #57
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

High taxes and broke. For such a nice looking place the people sure do ruin it.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #58
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

I love northern Cali.. Drove from San Fran > Yosemite > Lake Tahoe > Mt Shasta then into Oregon. That was beautiful.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #59
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation

Its all about Maryland. Crabs and murder FTW
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #60
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i'm from nor cal. like any place, there are good things and there are bad things, but when i weigh in what's important to me right now, the good outweighs the bad. but the term "best" is so subjective though. not everyone likes the same lifestyle. it's not for everybody obviously. only place i'd change my residence to is new york. but i'll confess to this - when i see some big ass mansions selling in other states for only a fraction of they cost here, sometimes i wonder about how it'd be like moving there and living like king. maybe when i'm retired or whatever.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: